You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: HUAWEI B315s LTE router discussion thread.

hi all, i plugged in my house phone on my b593 router.

i could make calls for 1st few days and then just stopped working

is there a way to check if a setting has changed or something ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lowrey
    We're on the internet to troll not to make bonds.

Haters mad for WHATEVER reason

that thread seems like its dead, thats why im asking here

but thanks for your response

Quote Originally Posted by I.am.Sam View Post
    that thread seems like its dead, thats why im asking here

but thanks for your response
    Make sure your network mode is on auto as the router falls back to 3G to make voice calls. If its locked on LTE only then you'll have problems making and receiving voice calls.
    Last edited by Romito; 04-04-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romito View Post
    Make sure your network mode is on auto as the router falls back to 3G to make voice calls. If it's locked on LTE only then you'll have problems making and receiving voice calls.
    cool thanks will look for that

I need some advice on extending the WiFi range on this device. For a few months now I've been using a power-line adapter to extend my Wifi to the other side of my house, through a Telkom Aztech 700WR as the slave. I turned off the DHCP on the Aztech and set the IP to 192.168.8.2. Iv'e also set the WLAN channel to 1, (Hauwei B315s to 9) and the Aztech to "Repeater" mode.

Everything has been running perfectly, until a month ago. Occasionally my B315S drops the broadband connection - I then struggle to access the router through 192.168.8.1 for some time after the drop. When I eventually reconnect to the router, it occasionally does not accept my username and password. After a quick power off and on, I can get in, but it has completely wiped all my WLAN settings, as well as my Mobile Connection settings. I did some experimenting, and as soon as I disconnect the power-line and slave router - viola! No dropping, smooth, fast connection. Telkom followed up with me and suggested I take the B315S into a shop to have it looked at.

My theory is that the second router is causing the issues - I don't know if that would cause the device to "freeze" and wipe all my settings on the host router? Secondly, I've seen in a few posts that the B315S has problems managing the DHCP, and that it should just be used as the AP, with another router managing the DHCP - I don't know if this is possible. Are there any guides explaining this in layman's terms?

Finally, just a query regarding B315S settings checklist - Moblie Conncetion: 3g & 4G Auto, Network Selection: Auto; Antennas 1&2 set to External; anything else I'm missing to optimise my connectivity?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacvogeli View Post
    I need some advice on extending the WiFi range on this device. For a few months now I've been using a power-line adapter to extend my Wifi to the other side of my house, through a Telkom Aztech 700WR as the slave. I turned off the DHCP on the Aztech and set the IP to 192.168.8.2. Iv'e also set the WLAN channel to 1, (Hauwei B315s to 9) and the Aztech to "Repeater" mode.

Everything has been running perfectly, until a month ago. Occasionally my B315S drops the broadband connection - I then struggle to access the router through 192.168.8.1 for some time after the drop. When I eventually reconnect to the router, it occasionally does not accept my username and password. After a quick power off and on, I can get in, but it has completely wiped all my WLAN settings, as well as my Mobile Connection settings. I did some experimenting, and as soon as I disconnect the power-line and slave router - viola! No dropping, smooth, fast connection. Telkom followed up with me and suggested I take the B315S into a shop to have it looked at.

My theory is that the second router is causing the issues - I don't know if that would cause the device to "freeze" and wipe all my settings on the host router? Secondly, I've seen in a few posts that the B315S has problems managing the DHCP, and that it should just be used as the AP, with another router managing the DHCP - I don't know if this is possible. Are there any guides explaining this in layman's terms?

Finally, just a query regarding B315S settings checklist - Moblie Conncetion: 3g & 4G Auto, Network Selection: Auto; Antennas 1&2 set to External; anything else I'm missing to optimise my connectivity?
    The WiFi on the B315 is not so good. Use a router with a Wan port for the following setup:

B315 IP Address: 192.168.8.1
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    DHCP: Off
    WiFi: Off
    DMZ: 192.168.8.2
    Firewall: Disable

Router IP Address: 192.168.8.2
    Subnet must be the same as B315.
    Gateway: 192.168.8.1
    DNS: 192.168.8.1
    Router WAN to B315 LAN.

I'm using mine in combination with a cheap Tp-Link MR3420 V2 running ROOter firmware. It handles everything from IP reservation to WI-FI.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacvogeli View Post

Mobile connection set to 4G Only

If you're using an external antenna then it must be set to external 1&2. If you are however using the ice cream stick antennas that came with the router, rather change it to built in as those are useless.

You can also lock the router by changing the APN so that it only connects to the 2300mhz band... you'll need to download the B315 toolbox - then visit this page (see post #29)
    Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin178 View Post
    Mobile connection set to 4G Only

If you're using an external antenna then it must be set to external 1&2. If you are however using the ice cream stick antennas that came with the router, rather change it to built in as those are useless.

You can also lock the router by changing the APN so that it only connects to the 2300mhz band... you'll need to download the B315 toolbox - then visit this page (see post #29)
    If he doesn't plan on connecting a CS phone through the router then 4G only will be ideal since VoLTE is not yet commercially used.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334