Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 490 of 504 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 7547

Thread: Cool Ideas Fibre ISP - Feedback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had some slight stutter on Twitch between 18:00 and 19:00 last night. But other than that it has been smooth sailing all the way.

Side note for folks that have done speed line speed upgrades on their accounts - what exactly is the process here? Do I just do everything through the VUMA portal? Do I cancel the current line package first and then select the new one or just select the new one?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@PBCool so I logged the ticket and provided all the info as requests and was told CISP will take the issue up with the line provider, ie Vumatel I presume in my case?

Just got a couple of questions regarding this, last night was again one of those nights where nothing was possible to watch via streaming, everything just buffered constantly untill about just after 10pm, however local was fine.

So my main question is, if Vuma is to blame for the capacity issue surely the issue should affect local traffic as well? I'm not too clued up on how the Vuma and CISP infrastructure works but I would think my line goes to a data center where my traffic gets handed off to my ISP from where it goes via their network and routes, or am I wrong here?

Just dificult to understand how Vuma would be to blame for slow international speeds during peak hours when my traffic is running through CISP? Also if it is the case that Vuma is the cause then surely this should affect all Vuma customers in my area no matter what ISP they are using?

Cool Ideas Service Provider PBCool's Avatar
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orihalcon View Post
    Had some slight stutter on Twitch between 18:00 and 19:00 last night. But other than that it has been smooth sailing all the way.

Side note for folks that have done speed line speed upgrades on their accounts - what exactly is the process here? Do I just do everything through the VUMA portal? Do I cancel the current line package first and then select the new one or just select the new one?
    If it's Vumatel trenched you can just order a new package via the Vuma portal, don't cancel first as this will attract a connection fee. We advise to try do this at month end to make billing a bit easier.
    Cool Ideas Service Provider - www.cisp.co.za

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kloon View Post
    @PBCool so I logged the ticket and provided all the info as requests and was told CISP will take the issue up with the line provider, ie Vumatel I presume in my case?

Just got a couple of questions regarding this, last night was again one of those nights where nothing was possible to watch via streaming, everything just buffered constantly untill about just after 10pm, however local was fine.

So my main question is, if Vuma is to blame for the capacity issue surely the issue should affect local traffic as well? I'm not too clued up on how the Vuma and CISP infrastructure works but I would think my line goes to a data center where my traffic gets handed off to my ISP from where it goes via their network and routes, or am I wrong here?

Just dificult to understand how Vuma would be to blame for slow international speeds during peak hours when my traffic is running through CISP? Also if it is the case that Vuma is the cause then surely this should affect all Vuma customers in my area no matter what ISP they are using?
    So what happens when there is saturation on a backhaul link there will be packet loss, which on a local service can often not be noticed because the re-transmit times are low, if you had to think of a packet trying to reach overseas vs a local packet by the time a re-transmit has happened for the international packet, the local packet has already attempted 160x the amount of re-transmits, so natively the local traffic will "win".

This then has the same effect on all concurrent traffic for all providers at that point in time as you say. The common denominator here is the Vumatel network, if it was on our side then all our customers in Cape Town would have the same experience.
    Last edited by PBCool; 13-07-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PBCool View Post
    If it's Vumatel trenched you can just order a new package via the Vuma portal, don't cancel first as this will attract a connection fee. We advise to try do this at month end to make billing a bit easier.
    It is trenched.

Thank you. Will do it at month end then. Do you prefer last day of the month or 1st day of new month?

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Orihalcon View Post
    It is trenched.

Thank you. Will do it at month end then. Do you prefer last day of the month or 1st day of new month?
    Last day of the month

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last day of the month
    Alrighty then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what happens when there is saturation on a backhaul link there will be packet loss, which on a local service can often not be noticed because the re-transmit times are low, if you had to think of a packet trying to reach overseas vs a local packet by the time a re-transmit has happened for the international packet, the local packet has already attempted 160x the amount of re-transmits, so natively the local traffic will "win".

This then has the same effect on all concurrent traffic for all providers at that point in time as you say. The common denominator here is the Vumatel network, if it was on our side then all our customers in Cape Town would have the same experience.
    I'm seeing some users in CPT are affected and I'm in JHB and am also experiencing issues. Also this is not something many people would register as being a service issue as it isn't very obvious. In my case I only picked it up as I was moving off one connectivity medium onto another (fibre with you) and noticed that I could no longer use my services hosted internationally as well as I could before.

Few questions from my side:

- If the issue is isolated to the Vumatel network then at what point on the Vumatel network is the issue occurring? My neighbourhood has only recently gone live so it's unlikely the over-utilisation is taking place on the Vuma infra there...
    - Why does latency seem to be quite stable if there is packet loss?
    - How many clients are affected by this?
    - Where are they located?
    - Are there any public facing graphs provided by CISP or Vumatel where one can see network utilisation?

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gidzekse View Post
    I'm seeing some users in CPT are affected and I'm in JHB and am also experiencing issues. Also this is not something many people would register as being a service issue as it isn't very obvious. In my case I only picked it up as I was moving off one connectivity medium onto another (fibre with you) and noticed that I could no longer use my services hosted internationally as well as I could before.

Few questions from my side:

- If the issue is isolated to the Vumatel network then at what point on the Vumatel network is the issue occurring? My neighbourhood has only recently gone live so it's unlikely the over-utilisation is taking place on the Vuma infra there...
    - Why does latency seem to be quite stable if there is packet loss?
    - How many clients are affected by this?
    - Where are they located?
    - Are there any public facing graphs provided by CISP or Vumatel where one can see network utilisation?
    1) Which area are you in? And is it Vumatel aerial or Trenched? We don't have any visibility into the Vumatel network, so not something we can comment on. You might not have the same issue as being experienced in Cape Town, even though the symptoms are similar.
    2) Cant comment without further investigation
    3) We dont know as we dont have visibility into the impact or their network design.
    4) At this point Brackenfell and Durbanville have the most logged issues.
    5) There isn't from Vumatel, we used to have public graphs but are changing to a new graphing platform. Our current international capacity is peaking at 60%.
    Last edited by PBCool; 13-07-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Which area are you in? And is it Vumatel aerial or Trenched? We don't have any visibility into the Vumatel network, so not something we can comment on.
    2) You might not have the same issue as being experienced in Cape Town, even though the symptoms are similar.
    3) Cant comment without further investigation
    4) We dont know as we dont have visibility into the impact or their network design.
    5) At this point Brackenfell and Durbanville have the most logged issues.
    6) There isn't from Vumatel, we used to have but are changing to a new graphing platform.
    I'm in Kensington, Vuma Aerial. *Also I just tried to add a signature with my fibre details to make your life easier but it doesn't seem to be reflecting :/

I've logged a ticket for this so I'll give your support team a few days to investigate and determine where the issue lies.

Thanks

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gidzekse View Post
    I'm in Kensington, Vuma Aerial.

I've logged a ticket for this so I'll give your support team a few days to investigate and determine where the issue lies.

Thanks
    Thanks, to be honest we see more issues on the aerial side than we do the trenched. They are independent networks, if you browse the recent history of this thread there has been lots of issues with capacity to the West Rand on the aerial network.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks or the explanation, makes sense now. So with that I guess it is safe to say that any customers in my area for example would experience these issues no matter what ISP they are on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SADV was supposed to upgrade we have tried to follow up without response, hopefully have feedback in the morning for you.
    Thanks. Have you heard anything back from them yet? I've also sent a follow up mail but had no response. Would appreciate it if you can check with them again. Thanks again

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshikun View Post
    Thanks. Have you heard anything back from them yet? I've also sent a follow up mail but had no response. Would appreciate it if you can check with them again. Thanks again
    Upgrade has been done.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@PBCool just upgraded and reset ONT and router but no dice. Could you possibly assist?
    #COOL-20180713-123572
    Disclaimer:All posts are personal opinion and not the opinion of anyone else or any other entity.

Quote Originally Posted by YingYang View Post
    Jesus christ how ugly are you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 490 of 504 FirstFirst ... 390440480486487488489490491492493494500 ... LastLast