Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 270 of 399 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 5972

Thread: Cool Ideas Fibre ISP - Feedback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rvanwyk View Post
    Anyone having issues on Vuma Aerial in Wilgeheuwel? Netflix died and some speed test are 0.3Mbps. Speedtest.net is fine though. Peering issue?
    Yeah. Its gone to the toilet. No connectivity

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rakabos3 View Post
    Yeah. Its gone to the toilet. No connectivity
    Yeah. Get full speed on speedtest to CI server but anything else is borked.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My internet is VERYYYY SLLLLOOOOOOWWWW. Just started not so long ago. Feels like International is dead. Is something going on?

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    My internet is VERYYYY SLLLLOOOOOOWWWW. Just started not so long ago. Feels like International is dead. Is something going on?
    Ok mine working again

Cool Ideas Service Provider PBCool's Avatar
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All, yes issue on one of the DFA backhaul links, we have switched routes and awaiting feedback from DFA.
    Cool Ideas Service Provider - www.cisp.co.za

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PBCool View Post
    Hi All, yes issue on one of the DFA backhaul links, we have switched routes and awaiting feedback from DFA.
    Thanks and thanks for the update!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank u for the feedback

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure no problem, 3 paths from IS to Teraco affected apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PBCool, I hate to be that guy but I am starting to call somewhat BS on the no shaping on coolideas. :/

Right now up until 12pm on a torrent I am testing I was downloading (keep in mind there is thousands of seeds on this private tracker of which some are faster than gigabit seeds) and from 12pm the speed just went to a crawl on this torrent. Right now the torrent would start off climbing instantly to near 10MB/s on my 200Mbit connection and then just come crashing down and stay around 20KB/s. I am using this specific torrent knowing the speed I can get from it. Now I also have 10Mbit ADSL with uncapped axxess still active (shocking axxess who actually clearly state they shape) but I have not downloaded much in months so I am far below the shaping limit and behold this same exact torrent is running at full speed 10Mbit (1MB/s) no problem as expected. I wont be surprised if the speed magically spike up to 20MB/s around 1-2am, in fact I am near certain it will.

So either there is a really good explaination for what is happening here or someone is not telling us the whole truth. I would prefer the former rather than the latter.

My regular monthly usage isnt much over 200GB on my 200/200 package so I am nowhere near a heavy user so for clarity sake either international bandwidth of coolideas is oversaturated and being shaped/throttled to kingdom come on protocols they deem not vital or it is not oversaturated and they simply shape/throttle it in any case. It simply cant be both nor can this be a case of vumatel peering/gateways/what not being the issue. I dont have any of these throttling/shaping/whatever we want to call it on any local tests that I can find.

I looked into this due to quality of international bandwidth dropping more and more as the months go by since I have joined with coolideas and the last thing I want to be dealing with is being stringed along as things deteriorate meanwhile its all by design rather some failure that coolideas have no control over.

Please enlighten me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by John Tempus View Post
    PBCool, I hate to be that guy but I am starting to call somewhat BS on the no shaping on coolideas. :/

Right now up until 12pm on a torrent I am testing I was downloading (keep in mind there is thousands of seeds on this private tracker of which some are faster than gigabit seeds) and from 12pm the speed just went to a crawl on this torrent. Right now the torrent would start off climbing instantly to near 10MB/s on my 200Mbit connection and then just come crashing down and stay around 20KB/s. I am using this specific torrent knowing the speed I can get from it. Now I also have 10Mbit ADSL with uncapped axxess still active (shocking axxess who actually clearly state they shape) but I have not downloaded much in months so I am far below the shaping limit and behold this same exact torrent is running at full speed 10Mbit (1MB/s) no problem as expected. I wont be surprised if the speed magically spike up to 20MB/s around 1-2am, in fact I am near certain it will.

So either there is a really good explaination for what is happening here or someone is not telling us the whole truth. I would prefer the former rather than the latter.

My regular monthly usage isnt much over 200GB on my 200/200 package so I am nowhere near a heavy user so for clarity sake either international bandwidth of coolideas is oversaturated and being shaped/throttled to kingdom come on protocols they deem not vital or it is not oversaturated and they simply shape/throttle it in any case. It simply cant be both nor can this be a case of vumatel peering/gateways/what not being the issue. I dont have any of these throttling/shaping/whatever we want to call it on any local tests that I can find.

I looked into this due to quality of international bandwidth dropping more and more as the months go by since I have joined with coolideas and the last thing I want to be dealing with is being stringed along as things deteriorate meanwhile its all by design rather some failure that coolideas have no control over.

Please enlighten me.
    Hi,

Can you send me that file, then I can download it on my 100/100 service as well as my 8mbps ADSL. Also have MTN LTE that get 40mbps

Have 4 devices to download same time

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please enlighten me.
    What client are you using? I use utorrent and had a similar experience then found the option checked where utorrent manages my bandwith, unchecked and have not had any issues again.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please enlighten me.
    Hi There, there is no reason for us to be throttling our users , our Cape Town capacity peaks at about 50% currently. I can understand your frustrations but we need to work this through with Vumatel, we have a couple cases that have cropped up now with congestion on their side. We are meeting with their senior management next week around this situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I think Vumatel has grown a lot faster in Cape Town, than they anticipated. People are hungry for FTTH and fast internet here after being plagued for years by slow and congested ADSL.
    Few people can see the genius in someone who has offended them.
    - Robertson Davies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi There, there is no reason for us to be throttling our users , our Cape Town capacity peaks at about 50% currently. I can understand your frustrations but we need to work this through with Vumatel, we have a couple cases that have cropped up now with congestion on their side. We are meeting with their senior management next week around this situation.
    PBCool, but who controls international peering, vumatel or coolideas on the coolideas package?

I am not getting the full information here.

From what I have gathered in here all local peering up until handed off to coolideas is vumatels world and they have control of that and then once I am on coolideas network then all the bandwidth is controlled by coolideas.

So Why are we constantly refering to the issue being that of vumatel if right now my problems lie with international speed being a mess as outlined in the torrent message example earlier whereas local south african traffic have no problems at all.

I simply do not understand why vumatel is pointed out constantly as the problem unless vumatel is in control of coolideas international peering also ?

ps. the torrent example, my upload speed is happily churning between 10-20MB/s meanwhile my download is just slammed down to 10-20KB/s. The reason I keep brining up shaping/throttling, this is exactly how it would look if I shaped/throttled using packet or deep packet inspection and I can even mimic the exact same results myself.

At this point if Coolideas is not shaping then Vumatel is before the traffic is handed over to coolideas, this is a big if since I do not even think vumatel have that control but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by John Tempus; 14-02-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update. That does explain it.

I did notice the line got stable again.

But Vuma Aerial has been suffering a lot lately... I really hope it gets sorted soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 270 of 399 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast