Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Alfa Romeo Giulia

Quote Originally Posted by FiestaST View Post
    Try not to correct "Alpha" or you will be called a "dick" by some people
    Well, if you're going to make a joke about their reliability, like people did in the 90's... you better spell the name of the car correctly, otherwise I will make a joke about your credibility Just kidding Drifter, but things really have changed.

Also, as an ex FCA owner, I have to say that the service experience at Century City was outstanding.

My Alfa never left me stranded in the year I owned it . Things have improved since the 156 I had anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    I would almost risk the Alpha unreliability and drive one of these.
    I had a Giulietta QV and never had a problem in 70 000km. I am definitely getting a Giulia, but sadly not the QV can't afford that one yet

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by sox63 View Post
    I had a Giulietta QV and never had a problem in 70 000km. I am definitely getting a Giulia, but sadly not the QV can't afford that one yet
    Lucky for me my GQV has another 3 years to pay off. Hopefully the Giulia QV depreciates like mad in 3 years time.
    You have reached the end of the thread.

Lucky bugger Shemee

https://youtu.be/aBBHouaYTpo

Certified Boner Material

Super Grandmaster

The Alfa Romeo Giulia Is Off To A Rough Start

Some first-drive reviews in Europe reveal stereotypically Alfa-esque problems that don’t exactly inspire confidence. Alfa Romeo seems like a stuck record, its needle unable to play past a reputation for poor quality.

One Giulia was wheeled off like an A&E casualty after the infotainment system failed. Another I drove had an engine warning light screaming for attention from the instrument binnacle, and the cruise control refused to switch on.

A third car tested suffered a frozen infotainment system, which could only be brought back to life by stopping the car and switching the ignition off and back on, and at times some air vents stopped blowing air whilst others continued. One colleague suffered jammed parking sensors, so they drove around with the car going “beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep”.

Granted, the cars on this launch were likely pre-production models, which often do not have 100 percent perfect and finalized electronics, gearbox calibration or fit and finish. But even these issues seem a bit extreme for a press test. It’s not really an example of Alfa Romeo putting its best foot forward to journalists

http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews...inkId=24540857

Super Grandmaster

Hopefully these are isolated issues to be fixed before production versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum Theory View Post
    Well, if you're going to make a joke about their reliability, like people did in the 90's... you better spell the name of the car correctly, otherwise I will make a joke about your credibility Just kidding Drifter, but things really have changed.

Also, as an ex FCA owner, I have to say that the service experience at Century City was outstanding.
    Ooops!!!

Name:  implied-facepalm.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  33.9 KB

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthre...ble-car-brands

Quote Originally Posted by dlk001 View Post
    Hopefully these are isolated issues to be fixed before production versions.
    Hmmm, maybe I will hold off for a year or so before buying one to research all the issues

Quote Originally Posted by dlk001 View Post
    The Alfa Romeo Giulia Is Off To A Rough Start

Some first-drive reviews in Europe reveal stereotypically Alfa-esque problems that don’t exactly inspire confidence. Alfa Romeo seems like a stuck record, its needle unable to play past a reputation for poor quality.

One Giulia was wheeled off like an A&E casualty after the infotainment system failed. Another I drove had an engine warning light screaming for attention from the instrument binnacle, and the cruise control refused to switch on.

A third car tested suffered a frozen infotainment system, which could only be brought back to life by stopping the car and switching the ignition off and back on, and at times some air vents stopped blowing air whilst others continued. One colleague suffered jammed parking sensors, so they drove around with the car going “beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep”.

Granted, the cars on this launch were likely pre-production models, which often do not have 100 percent perfect and finalized electronics, gearbox calibration or fit and finish. But even these issues seem a bit extreme for a press test. It’s not really an example of Alfa Romeo putting its best foot forward to journalists

http://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews...inkId=24540857
    But the cars still drove, right?

That's a win for Alfa.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sexual position - Bill Maher

Cruise control is disabled on most if not all cars when the MIL light is on anyway... Not sure how cruise control not working makes it worse!

With regards to PDC, if a car is parked in the sun, it does sometimes happen that it will constantly beep. Happened on the A6 once and on the Megane once too. Both had factory installed PDC

Barring that, these cars should not have those issues and Alfa better learn from this.

MIL~ Mother In Law

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast