Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 437 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437
Results 6,541 to 6,554 of 6554

Thread: Movie Mini-Review Thread - Part II

  1. #6541
    Master Readsalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    923
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daveza View Post
    A fun 7.

    Abandon all credibility and just enjoy the ride.
    Concur.

    Rampage (2018) 8/10. Just pure fun. Dwayne Johnson being himself and giant monsters on a rampage, with a drawling, twinkling Jeffrey Dean Morgan thrown in as a bonus.
    If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
    (Dorothy Parker)

  2. #6542
    Super Grandmaster MightyQuin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Right here...right now...
    Posts
    8,899
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just grabbed Isle of Dogs. Been waiting for a while now.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5104604/?ref_=nv_sr_1

    Anybody have subs info?

    I get conflicting info on net re. subs for this movie. Some people say that there is no subs "required" as the scenes in Japanese are supposed to be "unsubbed"?

    I found 1 sub file through my KODI, but it does not add any subs text, which is a first for me.

    Eventually found this :

    Human characters speak Japanese throughout the film, but it is almost never subtitled, just occasionally translated by Frances McDormand’s interpreter character. It’s clearly meant to echo the fact that the dog characters can’t understand the human characters.

    But it’s not really meant to be heard.
    Anthony reported that there was a muffled quality to much of the Japanese dialogue. “It was very hard to hear — it kind of sounded like they had put cotton balls in their mouth,” he says. “It was distracting, because I wanted to hear what they were saying.” Lisa didn’t quite have this problem, but found herself ignoring much of the Japanese dialogue anyway. “I didn’t exactly find it hard to hear,” she says. “But I didn’t care much about it; I knew it didn’t have much meaning.”

    Very interesting. Will still definitely watch it.
    Last edited by MightyQuin; 20-06-2018 at 08:03 PM.
    Advertorial Click-Bait Interferer

  3. #6543
    Ulysses Everett McGill OrbitalDawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Aboard the Nostalgia For Infinity
    Posts
    38,855
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RazedInBlack View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. I think it was @OrbitalDawn . . .

    Swinging Safari (2017) 7.5/10

    WTF did I watch?
    Good, eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by RazedInBlack View Post
    Agreed! Have you watched The Road? Similar premise but much darker.
    Yep, really good. The book is excellent, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyQuin View Post
    Just grabbed Isle of Dogs. Been waiting for a while now.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5104604/?ref_=nv_sr_1

    Anybody have subs info?

    I get conflicting info on net re. subs for this movie. Some people say that there is no subs "required" as the scenes in Japanese are supposed to be "unsubbed"?

    I found 1 sub file through my KODI, but it does not add any subs text, which is a first for me.

    Eventually found this :

    Human characters speak Japanese throughout the film, but it is almost never subtitled, just occasionally translated by Frances McDormand’s interpreter character. It’s clearly meant to echo the fact that the dog characters can’t understand the human characters.

    But it’s not really meant to be heard.
    Anthony reported that there was a muffled quality to much of the Japanese dialogue. “It was very hard to hear — it kind of sounded like they had put cotton balls in their mouth,” he says. “It was distracting, because I wanted to hear what they were saying.” Lisa didn’t quite have this problem, but found herself ignoring much of the Japanese dialogue anyway. “I didn’t exactly find it hard to hear,” she says. “But I didn’t care much about it; I knew it didn’t have much meaning.”

    Very interesting. Will still definitely watch it.
    Yeah, also waiting on subs. Really looking forward to it. The score is excellent.
    "Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."

  4. #6544
    Grandmaster wizardofid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    freestate
    Posts
    3,507
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rampage (2018) 7/10

    Not a terrible movie by any means, pointless check, good CGI check, bad dialogue check, corny jokes check, stupid feel good ending check....all things considered it should be getting a lower score, and I think just because it isn't marvel or DC I can't bring my self to score lower for a nice for otherwise forgetful movie....
    Cracked open a fortune cookie. "Things aren't what they seem." That's when I realized I cracked open a snail.

  5. #6545
    Super Grandmaster crackersa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    28,067
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faniebraai View Post
    So download Ready Player One... and open it and scan through it to look at things like quality etc.

    background: haven't watched a trailer, read the book, so did well to avoid anything related to the movie...

    colour me surprised, and somewhat disappointed, to see that the in-game stuff is so CGI it looks like the old reboot tv show
    So I shouldn’t waste my time with 4K and should just watch in HD?

  6. #6546
    Freelance App Developer biometrics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    65,830
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rampage (2018) - 5/10

    Blech. Didn't finish. Lots of CGI (what's a good word for that now?).

  7. #6547
    Super Grandmaster Soul Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sasolburg
    Posts
    7,104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackersa View Post
    So I shouldn’t waste my time with 4K and should just watch in HD?
    The Blu-ray won't be out for another four weeks if you really want to wait, he is being very dramatic, I don't think he remembers what ReBoot looked like:

    Name:  reboot-tv-show.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  56.8 KB

  8. #6548
    Braaier & LCHFer faniebraai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Next to the Braai
    Posts
    78,430
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
    The Blu-ray won't be out for another four weeks if you really want to wait, he is being very dramatic, I don't think he remembers what ReBoot looked like:

    Name:  reboot-tv-show.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  56.8 KB
    Looks exactly the same
    Samsung Galaxy S9+ | Gear S2 Classic
    Join Super Rugby 2018 Telegram Chat

  9. #6549
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,147
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biometrics View Post
    Rampage (2018) - 5/10

    Blech. Didn't finish. Lots of CGI (what's a good word for that now?).
    When you saw The Rock was the lead, did that not make you go..No?

  10. #6550
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,147
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sucked View Post
    When you saw The Rock was the lead, did that not make you go..No?
    You know something is wrong in Hollywood when your 3 top earners is Vin Diesel, The Rock and Marky Mark

  11. #6551
    Braaier & LCHFer faniebraai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Next to the Braai
    Posts
    78,430
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faniebraai View Post
    Looks exactly the same
    Name:  2018-06-23 08_02_10-Window.png
Views: 56
Size:  523.8 KB
    Samsung Galaxy S9+ | Gear S2 Classic
    Join Super Rugby 2018 Telegram Chat

  12. #6552
    Super Grandmaster theratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Where the cheese is.
    Posts
    6,663
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
    The Blu-ray won't be out for another four weeks if you really want to wait, he is being very dramatic, I don't think he remembers what ReBoot looked like:

    Name:  reboot-tv-show.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  56.8 KB
    What a blast from the past. Thank you SA.
    Best Sports Betting -> Your guide to South African Bookies

  13. #6553
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    East Rand
    Posts
    14,814
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sucked View Post
    You know something is wrong in Hollywood when your 3 top earners is Stallone, Arnie, and Willis
    Nothing's changed.

  14. #6554
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,806
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyQuin View Post
    Just grabbed Isle of Dogs. Been waiting for a while now.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5104604/?ref_=nv_sr_1

    Anybody have subs info?

    I get conflicting info on net re. subs for this movie. Some people say that there is no subs "required" as the scenes in Japanese are supposed to be "unsubbed"?

    I found 1 sub file through my KODI, but it does not add any subs text, which is a first for me.

    Eventually found this :

    Human characters speak Japanese throughout the film, but it is almost never subtitled, just occasionally translated by Frances McDormand’s interpreter character. It’s clearly meant to echo the fact that the dog characters can’t understand the human characters.

    But it’s not really meant to be heard.
    Anthony reported that there was a muffled quality to much of the Japanese dialogue. “It was very hard to hear — it kind of sounded like they had put cotton balls in their mouth,” he says. “It was distracting, because I wanted to hear what they were saying.” Lisa didn’t quite have this problem, but found herself ignoring much of the Japanese dialogue anyway. “I didn’t exactly find it hard to hear,” she says. “But I didn’t care much about it; I knew it didn’t have much meaning.”

    Very interesting. Will still definitely watch it.
    Loved it/10. It's Wes Anderson distilled down to an oil.

    If you're worried about the Japanese, don't. Everything you need comes from the interpreter or the dogs themselves. Cranston, Norton, Murray, Goldblum, ScarJo, Keitel, Schreiber, Yoko Ono as Assistant-Scientist Yoko-ono... Too good!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 437 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437

Similar Threads

  1. The Classic Movie Mini-Review Thread.
    By SULACO in forum Entertainment: Movies and TV Series
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-05-2016, 03:33 PM
  2. Movie Mini-Review Thread
    By Tpex in forum Entertainment: Movies and TV Series
    Replies: 9952
    Last Post: 29-03-2016, 08:37 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23-11-2010, 09:30 PM
  4. Series Mini-Review Thread
    By Madman88 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 12:36 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •