Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1692

Thread: Splitting international and local traffic on a Linksys WRT54G

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aah cool ill give that a bash tonight. thx!

I suppose having local split is not bad, since that bandwidth is cheap. I cant decide
    Rurapente
    -------------------------------------------
    If real is what you can download, watch, upload and see, then 'real' is simply Mweb Internet.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think there is something wrong with the setup. The IPs show I'm on 2 diff connections, but I have 0 bandwidth left on my local account, yet the whole day I've been browsing .za sites with no problem? surely it should be getting timeouts as my account is used up?
    Rurapente
    If real is what you can download, watch, upload and see, then 'real' is simply Mweb Internet.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rurapente View Post
    i think there is something wrong with the setup. The IPs show I'm on 2 diff connections, but I have 0 bandwidth left on my local account, yet the whole day I've been browsing .za sites with no problem? surely it should be getting timeouts as my account is used up?
    Did you buy local bandwidth from Axxess? They've just moved over from SAIX to IS on their local only account. It will be IS who does the capping, and they are much more relaxed. Just a pity that their news server sucks.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes from axxess. Thing is now how do i know its working? i was hoping to "test" by seeing co.za fail to load when it rain out of bandwidth, but international continuing. hmmmm
    Rurapente

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rurapente View Post
    yes from axxess. Thing is now how do i know its working? i was hoping to "test" by seeing co.za fail to load when it rain out of bandwidth, but international continuing. hmmmm
    Just run "ifconfig" in the dd-wrt GUI command box from time to time and record the bandwidth used for each interface. ppp0 is international, ppp1 is local. That should tell you through which connection your bandwidth is being used.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

international is higher than local. but it could be i cant remember now what i've d'l in each side.

it looks like its working. so im gonna buy more local, and switch to a 1GB international and see how things differ.
    Rurapente

I have Telkom do 2 that I use for downloads and local traffic and Axxess 626 for international. Is it possible to disconnect Axxess 626 06:00 and make it automatically dial again 18:00 weekdays and stay connected during weekends. Telkom do 2 must always be connected as the local route. I don't want the Axxess intl account to keep try connecting during daytime. This way I'll have only one PPP (Telkom local) connected during the day weekdays and after hours I'll have two PPP connections, Axxess intl and Telkom local.

Can someone maybe help?

Thank you

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suckerlove78 View Post
    I have Telkom do 2 that I use for downloads and local traffic and Axxess 626 for international. Is it possible to disconnect Axxess 626 06:00 and make it automatically dial again 18:00 weekdays and stay connected during weekends. Telkom do 2 must always be connected as the local route. I don't want the Axxess intl account to keep try connecting during daytime. This way I'll have only one PPP (Telkom local) connected during the day weekdays and after hours I'll have two PPP connections, Axxess intl and Telkom local.

Can someone maybe help?

Thank you
    See here - http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showpost...postcount=1396
    Do NOT construe anything I type as advice

Quote Originally Posted by milomak View Post
    I've saw this but it seems that this way it only adapts the routes at certian times. I'm looking for a way to schedule the connection times in combination with the "set routes". I may be wrong in my understanding of this...

??

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've saw this but it seems that this way it only adapts the routes at certian times. I'm looking for a way to schedule the connection times in combination with the "set routes". I may be wrong in my understanding of this...

??
    Why does the 626 account need to be disconnected? It just won't be/can't be used. It won't do you any harm to leave it connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Why does the 626 account need to be disconnected? It just won't be/can't be used. It won't do you any harm to leave it connected.
    I know but I don't like the fact that there is one PPP connection that keeps trying to connect but is not allowed on Axxess's side until 18:00. Also I asumed that unnessesary resources of the router is being used while doing this "trying to connect to Axxess" during the day. If possible I'll rather keep it clean and only connect and set the correct routes when allowed. (626/weekends, exec.)

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know but I don't like the fact that there is one PPP connection that keeps trying to connect but is not allowed on Axxess's side until 18:00. Also I asumed that unnessesary resources of the router is being used while doing this "trying to connect to Axxess" during the day. If possible I'll rather keep it clean and only connect and set the correct routes when allowed. (626/weekends, exec.)
    The 626 does not disconnect you at 6am weekdays, you just don't get any internet access during the restricted time. So the router won't have to try to connect all day, it will already be connected. Meanwhile the script will be sending traffic in and out of the Telkom account.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    The 626 does not disconnect you at 6am weekdays, you just don't get any internet access during the restricted time. So the router won't have to try to connect all day, it will already be connected. Meanwhile the script will be sending traffic in and out of the Telkom account.
    Weird... I've just checked ifconfig (time is now 07:00) and I have only one ppp connection, ppp1, local, Telkom. The Cisco light flashes as it is definitely trying to connect the ppp0 to Axxess. This will continue to flash until this afternoon 18:00 when the orange light stabilize and Axxess, ppp0 is connected. I've experienced this with IPCOP and pfSense aswell. Axxess 626 gets disconnected 06:00 and will only re-connect 18:00. Another problem is that if I would switch my router off now and back on, there will be no internet access, not even local. This I asume is due to the fact that Intl needs to be connected for the routes to download and populate correctly. ??
    Last edited by Suckerlove78; 30-12-2009 at 07:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the cheapest ADSL router that I can get, something that supports bridge mode. I was previously using a NetGear with my linksys, but both routers got hit by lightening so I need to replace it.
    Parcel Tracking >>> www.ParcelTrack.co.za
    For ESET Anti-Virus, Smart Security etc, New License or Renewals PM me
    Accounting Services http://irp5.co.za/

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird... I've just checked ifconfig (time is now 07:00) and I have only one ppp connection, ppp1, local, Telkom. The Cisco light flashes as it is definitely trying to connect the ppp0 to Axxess. This will continue to flash until this afternoon 18:00 when the orange light stabilize and Axxess, ppp0 is connected. I've experienced this with IPCOP and pfSense aswell. Axxess 626 gets disconnected 06:00 and will only re-connect 18:00. Another problem is that if I would switch my router off now and back on, there will be no internet access, not even local. This I asume is due to the fact that Intl needs to be connected for the routes to download and populate correctly. ??
    If you are being disconnected you should take it up with Axxess, because I think that violates the ADSL regulations. You should use the Telkom account as ppp0, as it is always available. Scheduled disconnection and reconnection would be possible, but the amendment to the script would be a little more complex than the current solution. When I'm back in PA, I can give it a bash if you like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast