Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 113 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1692

Thread: Splitting international and local traffic on a Linksys WRT54G

@Gatecrasher:

Hi GC,

I sent you a pm about this some time ago, but you must've forgotten. Please put the following into the light section of the script so WL520GU/GC's can work out the box...

Code:
    #Router Lights
    if [ DD_BOARD="Asus WL-520GU/GC" ]; then
      # power light=amber=0 International
      # air light=dmz=1 Local
      # wan light=white=4 Aux
      white=4
      amber=0
      dmz=1
    else
      #Router Lights orig
      white=2
      amber=3
      dmz=7
    fi
    The translation of light meanings from wrt54gl to wl520gu is:

# air light=dmz=1 Local
    # wan light =white=4 Aux

Thank you
    Last edited by eXisor; 06-05-2009 at 08:50 AM.

Thumbs up

I owe you guys, 4 connections running with open nat on both xbox's, thanks a stack guys.

Quote Originally Posted by eXisor View Post
    @Gatecrasher:

Hi GC,

I sent you a pm about this some time ago, but you must've forgotten. Please put the following into the light section of the script so WL520GU/GC's can work out the box...

Code:
    #Router Lights
    if [ DD_BOARD="Asus WL-520GU/GC" ]; then
      # air light=dmz=1 Local
      # wan light=white=4 Aux
      white=4
      amber=0
      dmz=1
    else
      #Router Lights orig
      white=2
      amber=3
      dmz=7
    fi
    The translation of light meanings from wrt54gl to wl520gu is:

# air light=dmz=1 Local
    # wan light =white=4 Aux

Thank you
    I haven't forgotten, the pm is saved. Although I did forget that light 4 = wan. It will be in the next update. Also have to cater for WRT54G2 which also has a different light configuration.

A new update is in the works.

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Errors in GC's startup script 11b

I made a discovery in the detection of missing CIDR values recently in the RouteSentry thread. Cenuij then corrected my assumption and provided a short python script - see http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showpost...&postcount=472

I've now provided Gatecrasher with the code that detects the missing CIDR values the same way:
    Code:
    	# add routing entries that has a specified CIDR value
    	for IP in `cat routes.txt|sed -e '/\//!d'`; do
    		echo "gpio disable 7; route add -net $IP ppp$1; gpio enable 7" >> /tmp/build.ppp$1
    	done

# add routing entries that doesn't have a CIDR value specified
    	for IP in `cat routes.txt|sed -e '/\//d'`; do
    		# compare leading 8 bits to determine CIDR (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classful_network#Classes)
    		if [ `echo $IP | sed -e 's/\(\.[0-9]*\)\{3\}//'` -lt 192 ]; then
    			# CIDR 16
    			echo "gpio disable 7; route add -net $IP/16 ppp$1; gpio enable 7" >> /tmp/build.ppp$1
    		else
    			# CIDR 24
    			echo "gpio disable 7; route add -net $IP/24 ppp$1; gpio enable 7" >> /tmp/build.ppp$1
    		fi
    	done
    GC's startup script 11b had a couple of errors when I ran it in Ubuntu. I'm not sure what the impact of those errors were on the DD-WRT firmware, but it had a major impact on the routing table entries (like 400 missing entries out of 1381) when I ran it in Ubuntu! GC's detection method for the CIDR values wouldn't have influenced your International cap, it would've only maybe prevented you from accessing certain International sites, since he used /16 for a few addresses that should've had /24

Now I'm just waiting for GC to update his code

Man, you guys are piling on the pressure!

Update on its way...

... first, I gotta get some sleep.

Version 12a is done. Busy testing.

Version 12a (For DD-WRT v24)

The How-to:

http://www.formstar.net/gatecrasher/_read_me_12a.txt

Startup Script

http://www.formstar.net/gatecrasher/_start_up_12a.txt

Latest Beta - serv command bugfix: http://www.formstar.net/gatecrasher/_start_up_12c.txt

Firewall Script:

http://www.formstar.net/gatecrasher/_firewall_12a.txt

Major Changes:

• More accurate local routing (thanks to Pada) with removal of redundant routes.
    • Handling of hardware exceptions (ie lights and WAN interfaces) (thanks to eXisor)
    • Incorporation of the sdns function, which allows you to specify a specific connection for DNS lookup.
    • Streamlining commands: Only conn requires a ppp unit number. The light parameter for the link command falls away, defined rather by the connection type, int, loc or aux.

A somewhat elaborate conn link pair, by way of example, might now looks like this:

conn 0 int $saixsmtp
    ddns $ddsyst $dduser $ddpass $ddhost $ddchip $ddpage
    serv tcp 22484 $mypc
    serv udp 22484 $mypc
    sdns
    drop tcp 119
    news $isnews 333 $mypc
    link $intname $intpass

NB: Your current connection configurations won't work. You need to remove the ppp unit numbers in all but the conn commands.

Please report any bugs/problems/feedback here...
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 16-06-2009 at 03:55 PM.

Hey Gatecrasher,
    Took your advice on getting the WL-520G (GU was out of stock and apparently differs in shared printing capabilities). Looking forward to FINALLY trying DD-WRT and your script

Thanks Gatecrasher....

Version 12A working well on my WL520GU....

Super Grandmaster
    Blog Entries

WOW, the new script is really awesome. Well done with the coding Gatecrasher
    I think it took about 4 minutes (including reset time) to finish with adding all the route entries on my Linksys WRT54GL.

The "ip route show to match <IP address>" is a very neat trick that you used! I used that command a couple of times to verify that all my torrent peers were in fact going through the local (ppp1) connection. I did enable uPnP such that uTorrent can open the incoming ports though, since I didn't know how to configure the firewall <- noob me

Gatecrasher, do you mind updating & cleaning up your http://formstar.net/gatecrasher/routes.txt file please. Cenuij said that he went one step further in processing the routing entries, by combining the adjacent routing entries. Thus he was able to reduce the routing entries from the original 1425 to about 700! Without combining adjacent routes, we end up with roughly 1000 routes which is still pretty decent.
    Have you ever considered uploading your scripts to the DD-WRT Forum -> Contributions Upload? Or maybe have someone else do it for you

Now I'm on the lookout for ADSL routers (with a WiFi AP) that supports DD-WRT, which I doubt exists...
    Last edited by Pada; 10-05-2009 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pada View Post
    I think it took about 4 minutes (including reset time) to finish with adding all the route entries on my Linksys WRT54GL.
    Longer than I would like... will work on getting that time down on the next version.

Gatecrasher, do you mind updating & cleaning up your http://formstar.net/gatecrasher/routes.txt file please.
    I updated this file, but it is just a raw dump of the first field from IS's local route server. The only reason I reference this file in the script is to cater for those odd occasions when the route server is down.

Have you ever considered uploading your scripts to the DD-WRT Forum -> Contributions Upload? Or maybe have someone else do it for you
    Feel free to do that if you wish. Especially if you can reference back to this thread.

Thanks for all your pms, contributions and code!

Angry

Hey guys,
    I just installed DD-WRT micro (latest version) on an Asus WL-520G that Gatecrasher recommended to me Installation was a breeze.

I'm having a few issues getting my connection setup. I put the script in as per the readme (only changing the PPPOE accounts including AUX). Now I can access the router through 192.168.1.1, but whenever I plug my router into my Linksys router through the WAN port, I cant access either. When I setup my gateway and DNS settings on my computer I can access the net. I've turned off DHCP on both routers and setup my Linksys router (the one that's connected to the phone line) and set it up in briged mode.

GRRRRRR Need help! I've been changing IP settings all morning.

Thanks in advance guys.

Quote Originally Posted by manicooller View Post
    Hey guys,
    I just installed DD-WRT micro (latest version) on an Asus WL-520G that Gatecrasher recommended to me Installation was a breeze.

I'm having a few issues getting my connection setup. I put the script in as per the readme (only changing the PPPOE accounts including AUX). Now I can access the router through 192.168.1.1, but whenever I plug my router into my Linksys router through the WAN port, I cant access either. When I setup my gateway and DNS settings on my computer I can access the net. I've turned off DHCP on both routers and setup my Linksys router (the one that's connected to the phone line) and set it up in briged mode.

GRRRRRR Need help! I've been changing IP settings all morning.

Thanks in advance guys.
    Sounds confusing. Lets call the Asus the router, and the Linksys the modem.

Plug your modem directly into the PC via LAN. In the control panel, your modem must be in bridged mode, with DHCP switched off. There should be no account settings entered. Make sure the IP of modem is not the same as the router (ie, it should not be 192.168.1.1)

Remove the modem. Plug your router (via LAN) to the PC. Go to the DD-WRT GUI in your browser, DHCP must be active on the router. Configure as per the script readme. Plug modem (via LAN) into router (via WAN).

You should not have to touch the Gateway/DNS settings on your computer. Unless your computer nic has a static IP, in which case your gateway and DNS should point to the router (192.168.1.1).

In this set up you should not be able to access your modem directly. (If you have a switch, there is a way to do this, but that's another topic)

EDIT: I recommended the 520GU. I'm a little worried about the 520G. I see it has half the memory of the 520GU, and only allows you to install DD-WRT micro. I'm still waiting for someone to report a successful installation of the script on DD-WRT micro. I know it works on standard and mini. Micro, I'm not sure. Let's hold thumbs.
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 11-05-2009 at 11:21 AM.

Ye same problem, as soon as I plug the "modem" in, I cant access the router. Looks like it might be a memory issue. Keep me posted, I dont want to have to buy a 4th router :O

Quote Originally Posted by manicooller View Post
    Ye same problem, as soon as I plug the "modem" in, I cant access the router. Looks like it might be a memory issue. Keep me posted, I dont want to have to buy a 4th router :O
    Have you checked that the modem and router are not using the same ip address?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 113 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast