Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 113 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1692

Thread: Splitting international and local traffic on a Linksys WRT54G

Quote Originally Posted by jamezjunk View Post
    Thanks for input. Made changes you said, didn't see any change. Where Should I be noticing something different?.
    I don't get any response when I use the "cat /tmp/build.log" command either. Is there a place I am supposed to go to find the log file?
    The script doesn't get far enough to make an entry - so no log file.

Here are the results when I input the other two commands, does it reveal anything other than showing I don't have a valid IP from my ISP? Still can't see any way to monitor progress or see if it is hanging, etc. I entered all of these into the "administration/commands" menu. Thanks for all your help.
    They show that script does not even begin to run. The original pppd and redial commands are still active.

Is it normal that my connection works fine if I leave the startup & firewall command running and enter my correct username/pw into the PPOE setting in Setup?
    If the script is not having any effect then, yes, it would be quite normal.

Other than me accessing your router directly, I don't know how I'm going to help you overcome this, because I can't replicate/fix anything that goes wrong.

EDIT It is frustrating, because I'm pretty sure this could work on the micro. I wish I could get my hands on a Router with the micro firmware. I could put micro onto my own router, but it would be awash with RAM, and may not replicate the specific conditions... I might still do it... can't promise a timeframe, though.
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 16-06-2009 at 04:18 PM.

Thanks for all your help. Tried your newest update and it got through for a second on local only, then kicked off. it showed a wan IP in the upper right, international didn't work, but local worked for about 10 seconds and then the WAN IP switched back to zeros. I ran the log command and this time it brings up this:
    Running build.wall
    Running build.ppp0
    Running build.wall
    Running build.wall
    Running build.ppp1
    Running build.wall
    Running build.wall
    Running build.wall

Also, now the ifconfig actually shows the two ppp connections:
    ppp0 Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
    inet addr:41.145.xxx.xx P-t-P:41.145.xx.x Mask:255.255.255.255
    UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1492 Metric:1
    RX packets:887 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:1509 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
    RX bytes:65381 (63.8 KiB) TX bytes:91330 (89.1 KiB)
    ppp1 Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
    inet addr:41.144.xx.xxx P-t-P:41.144.xx.x Mask:255.255.255.255
    UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1492 Metric:1
    RX packets:64 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:128 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
    RX bytes:8875 (8.6 KiB) TX bytes:7907 (7.7 KiB)

Any options left? or is this a micro limitation? Thanks for everything.

That's exactly how it should look. So what doesn't work? It should take a few minutes for the routes to load, before everything works.

I've tried it a couple times now and initially it displays the WAN IP in the upper right. Then it goes to all Zeros. For about 20 seconds I again was able to access local only for a few pages. Then I no longer have access to any websites. But what is strange is in vista, my network connection thinks it is connected to the internet. I waited 10 minutes after it started running to see if it just needed to finish booting. Internet never came back. Thanks for all the help.

The WAN IP comes from when DD-WRT makes its connection (from the details in the start up page). The script kills that connection and then makes its own. You would then get 0.0.0.0. You will not be able to access websites (reliably) when the routes are being made.

But it should be working fine when the routes are built. At least we've narrowed down where the problem lies.

Thank you very much Gatecrasher for this wonderful script. I managed to set it up on a WRT54GL with minimal hassle.

Although the splitting with 2 accounts dialed through the modem is great, I have something else i want to take advantage of and that is an uncapped account loaded onto a router of mine.

Would it be possible to route all local traffic through a dialed account but all the international traffic through the LAN ip address of the router?

Quote Originally Posted by CyBeRmAn View Post
    Thank you very much Gatecrasher for this wonderful script. I managed to set it up on a WRT54GL with minimal hassle.

Although the splitting with 2 accounts dialed through the modem is great, I have something else i want to take advantage of and that is an uncapped account loaded onto a router of mine.

Would it be possible to route all local traffic through a dialed account but all the international traffic through the LAN ip address of the router?
    Everything is possible...

But without making any major changes to the script, you could try this:

1. Set everything up as normal. Whatever account you use for ppp0 (ie international) won't be used once the routing is in place, but it is necessary for the script and routes to be correctly downloaded and setup. You have to keep it basic because any other functionality you add to the link won't work anyway, so it should just look like this:

conn 0 int
    link $intuser $intpass

2. Add the following line to the very end of the firewall up script

route add default gw www.xxx.yyy.zzz

where www.xxx.yyy.zzz is the IP address of your uncapped router. This should make the router the default route. Can't guarantee this will work, but its worth a shot.

Thank you, i wil try that.

In the following post:

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showpost...04&postcount=8

Locality gives an explanation and links for his routes file hosted locally. It is an advantage if you should ever get capped on your int account. If you reboot with a capped int account with the latest script, the script will not load the local routes (<- not good).

The file is compact and reputedly more accurate than that currently used in the script. If you want to use it in your 12c script, just change

Code:
    wget "http://ip.ludost.net/cgi/process?country=1&country_list=za&format_template=prefix&format_name=&format_target=&format_default=" -O /tmp/routes.txt
    to

Code:
    wget "http://developers.locality.co.za/routes.txt" -O /tmp/routes.txt
    The only potential drawback is that the file will only be updated once a month, rather than daily. The chances of this negatively effecting your surfing costs, however, is really quite negligible, while retaining the speed and memory benefits of compact routes.

I'll release a full 12d soon.

Default One modem, one wrt54gl and two accounts ..

Hi,

Been trying to figure out how to do this for a while now - so happy to find this thread and GC's code and instructions.

But with One modem, one wrt54gl and two accounts how do you connect to the two ISP's over the one Ethernet connection from wrt54gl to modem .... or am I missing something? I checked the instructions but could not figure it out.
    Appologies if it is a really dumb question :-)

-jj

"You" don't connect - that's what the script does, ie. concurrently connect to your two (or however many) ISP's. Just as if you and another person were invoking PPPoe connections to 2 different accounts, from two separate desktops, to the same modem.

Hi All

I am in the process of setting up my Router. I have a WRT54G_v3
    Can someone suggest what Bin program I should use on the WRT website?

Quote Originally Posted by wavesailor View Post
    Hi,

Been trying to figure out how to do this for a while now - so happy to find this thread and GC's code and instructions.

But with One modem, one wrt54gl and two accounts how do you connect to the two ISP's over the one Ethernet connection from wrt54gl to modem .... or am I missing something? I checked the instructions but could not figure it out.
    Appologies if it is a really dumb question :-)

-jj
    Just edit this part of the script with your account details and, as JacquesR say, the router takes care of making the connections to the modem. The modem needs to be in bridge mode.

#ISP usenames and passwords
    [email protected]
    intpass=myintpass
    [email protected]
    locpass=mylocpass

The beauty of this set up is that any computers connected to the router don't have to know anything about the traffic splitting. It all happens seamlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by boerbok View Post
    Hi All

I am in the process of setting up my Router. I have a WRT54G_v3
    Can someone suggest what Bin program I should use on the WRT website?
    Use the standard generic build.

Goto

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/dd-wrt/hardware.html

and follow the link to

Standard Generic: dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin

Thanks , will try it

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Use the standard generic build.

Goto

http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/dd-wrt/hardware.html

and follow the link to

Standard Generic: dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin