Page 79 of 113 FirstFirst ... 29 69757677787980818283 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1692

Thread: Splitting international and local traffic on a Linksys WRT54G

Quote Originally Posted by CyBeRmAn View Post
    I can't seem to get port forwarding working or dyndns ;_:

Please help

http://www.pastebin.co.za/20605

Is there a way to disable the firewall?

You need to use version 12c of the script - the serv command is broken in your version (which seems to be version 12a).

To help diagnose the ddns issue, after the script has run for a while, run the following command:

cat /tmp/ddns0/ddns.log

The firewall shouldn't be an issue if all is working well.

Thanks alot Gatecrasher

Hi Gatecrasher

I've been using your script for a quite a while, very sucessfully, for which much thanks is given to you. I was wondering if you had played with any QOS settings. My problem is I have my news client happily downloading at my full bandwidth (I'm on Telkom 512 Wimax) to the detriment of any other service. I know, I know, not a terrible problem to have, just a tad inconveniant to manually throttle the news client while you're doing something else, and then to rememberto unthrottle it afterwards. Do you have any suggestions as I'm presuming that the normal dd-wrt settingsfor QOS may only influence the first connection (ppp0)

Quote Originally Posted by mcclod View Post
    I was wondering if you had played with any QOS settings.
    Sorry, I haven't. Like most of the services on dd-wrt, the assumption is that you only have one connection. But when I get some time I'll experiment.

Apologies - posted a query which I think I've now resolved.
    Last edited by JacquesR; 11-07-2009 at 09:05 AM. Reason: user error!

Related to the using the 626 account, and GC's post quoted below, I'm clearly doing something wrong, as only local traffic is getting through. However, when I manually edit the script, replacing my Telkom international with the 626 account, all works fine with international going through there, and local through an Axxess local only account.

Can anyone answer these troubleshooting questions, please?

1. Does it matter which account number I add the 626 account as?
    2. Is it only in the cron commands that I define the 626 account number, or also elsewhere in the additional code below?
    3. For the defining of the accounts in the script, does naming them as "int", "aux" or "local" make any difference to the routing? If so, should I call the 626 account "int"?

On a separate issue: is there any way to have my international account switch to a backup one automatically when the Telkom 3gig primary account runs out of bandwidth?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but any clues would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Adding after "chmod +x /tmp/checklink" in the startup script:

Code:
    echo "0">/tmp/def.rt
    echo "echo \"\$2\"> /tmp/def.rt
    route del default dev ppp\$1
    route add default dev ppp\$2"> /tmp/setdr
    chmod +x /tmp/setdr
    This creates a script setdr <from connection> <to connection>

The firewall script runs after every reconnect, so to restore the desired changes, add this code to the firewall script after "/tmp/build.wall":

Code:
    /tmp/setdr 0 `cat def.rt`
    Either run /tmp/setdr directly from the GUI command box (for immediate effect) and/or schedule changes in the GUI cron box:

Code:
    0 18 * * 1-5 root/tmp/setdr 0 2
    0 6 * * 1-5 root/tmp/setdr 2 0

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesR View Post
    Can anyone answer these troubleshooting questions, please?

1. Does it matter which account number I add the 626 account as?
    No, but the assumption as it has been written is that it will be conn 2. But you can use any account number, you just have to ensue that you change the cron commands accordingly.

2. Is it only in the cron commands that I define the 626 account number, or also elsewhere in the additional code below?
    Only in the cron commands. Unless you want to issue the immediate command:

/tmp/setdir 0 2

which should immediately set the 626 account to the default account.

3. For the defining of the accounts in the script, does naming them as "int", "aux" or "local" make any difference to the routing? If so, should I call the 626 account "int"?
    Yes, the "int", "aux" and "local" tags are important. You should only have 1 int, and 1 local, but you can have numerous aux accounts. However, the only difference between "aux" and "int" is that "int" is initially set up as the default route.

Not sure why your are struggling. Make sure the syntax is correct in this line: Use ` not '.

/tmp/setdr 0 `cat def.rt`

You might also try this

echo "0">/tmp/def.rt
    echo "echo \"\$2\"> /tmp/def.rt
    route del default dev ppp\$1
    route add default dev ppp\$2
    iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o ppp+ -j MASQUERADE"> /tmp/setdr
    chmod +x /tmp/setdr

Thanks GC, the clarifications will help me to avoid making a further mess of things! I rechecked all the code (in fact, started with a clean copy), and after setting things up, running /tmp/setdir 0 2 gives me an error:

sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/setdir: not found

And when I add the line you mention below, neither international nor local work.

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o ppp+ -j MASQUERADE"> /tmp/setdr
    chmod +x /tmp/setdr

Thanks GC, the clarifications will help me to avoid making a further mess of things! I rechecked all the code (in fact, started with a clean copy), and after setting things up, running /tmp/setdir 0 2 gives me an error:

sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/setdir: not found

And when I add the line you mention below, neither international nor local work.
    setdir or setdr?

setdir or setdr?
    Doh! Okay - no errors using setdr, but still no international traffic. The 626 does work just fine when I use that as connection 0 instead of my Telkom account, though. I've just run the experiment of having only 3 accounts defined:

0 - Telkom Do3 (int)
    1 - IS local (loc)
    2 - 626 (aux)

With only these 3, setdr 0 2 has only local traffic, Telkom's usage tracker shows me as connected, and Axxess shows me as not connected on 626. Setdr 2 0 gives me international traffic, though. After a router reboot and setdr 0 2, 626 now shows me as connected, but still no int. traffic. This seems like progress - maybe the 626 accounts are having trouble on Axxess's side? Will try again tomorrow after 6. Thanks again for the help.

After a router reboot and setdr 0 2, 626 now shows me as connected, but still no int. traffic. This seems like progress - maybe the 626 accounts are having trouble on Axxess's side? Will try again tomorrow after 6. Thanks again for the help.
    Good luck. The only thing that strikes me as strange is that you say Axxess control panel shows you as not connected. Whether it is the default route or not, conn 0 or conn2, Axxess should always show you as being connected.

Good luck. The only thing that strikes me as strange is that you say Axxess control panel shows you as not connected. Whether it is the default route or not, conn 0 or conn2, Axxess should always show you as being connected.
    GC, strangely the 626 account does show disconnected while it is not a default route!

Been running with the SAIX int. and Axxess local all day, with the script enabled with the cron job to switch to 626. At 6pm, all seems well - Axxess shows me as connected to 626 as well as my local account.

One of the reasons it's working for me today is that this morning, I edited the startup script to remove my IS account - so it was:

0: Telkom 3gig (int)
    1: Axxess SAIX local (loc)
    2: 626 (aux)

This is working fine, except that my additional newshost connections off the Axxess local account aren't connecting, such as:

conn 3 aux
    news $saixnews $mypc
    link $locname $locpass

Is this perhaps because I can't specify $locname and $locpass with an "aux" account? If so, how do I get around this seeing as the 626 account would need to use auxname and auxpass?

On a more curious note, the web interface (over the wireless network) for my WRT54GL stopped working at 6pm, when the cron job ran. I'm getting "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." Be interesting to see whether I can get back into that at 6am tomorrow...

This is working fine, except that my additional newshost connections off the Axxess local account aren't connecting, such as:

conn 3 aux
    news $saixnews $mypc
    link $locname $locpass

Is this perhaps because I can't specify $locname and $locpass with an "aux" account? If so, how do I get around this seeing as the 626 account would need to use auxname and auxpass?
    Sure, you can assign $locname and $locpass to an aux connecttion. I use 4 connections to my SAIX local account, 1 to loc and 3 to aux. You don't even have to use the variable names $locname and $locpass. You can create your own and give them any name that suits you. For example, I use $tiname for Telkom Internet, $waname for Web Africa, $axname for Axxess, etc. Makes things less confusing.

On a more curious note, the web interface (over the wireless network) for my WRT54GL stopped working at 6pm, when the cron job ran. I'm getting "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." Be interesting to see whether I can get back into that at 6am tomorrow...
    Hmmm, odd.

Version 12d (For DD-WRT v24)

The How-to:

http://www.formstar.net/gatecrasher/_read_me_12d.txt

Startup Script

http://www.formstar.net/gatecrasher/_start_up_12d.txt

Firewall Script:

http://www.formstar.net/gatecrasher/_firewall_12d.txt

Instructions for the Cron scheduling of default routing to and from accounts that have time specific throttling (ie Uncapped Express) or disabling (ie Axxess 626):

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showpost...postcount=1396
    Last edited by Gatecrasher; 03-12-2009 at 11:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 113 FirstFirst ... 29 69757677787980818283 89 ... LastLast