Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Skyfi WISP

Skyfi Guy, please check out my account. My connection keeps dropping...

Quote Originally Posted by Slaught3r View Post
    Have done so;

Please check now for me? we could not connect to the high site ourselves for a few minutes but it is now back online.

I will get technical to give me a report on what happened and will let you know.

Looks like a cabling issue at the high site thanks to the rain last night. we are sending our guys out to fix it. might hit some spikes again until they do.

Shot - been running stable for about an hour now.
    How do you know if you are a pirate?

You just RAR.

I sincerely hope you guys are busy working on my connection. Having it drop every 3 minutes is not fun, especially seeing as I am working from home today and the interruption is pretty inconvenient...

You just RAR.

will speak to technical and find out what is up

I sincerely hope you guys are busy working on my connection. Having it drop every 3 minutes is not fun, especially seeing as I am working from home today and the interruption is pretty inconvenient...
    Ok spoke to the guys, they are adjusting the frequency for another client that is connected to the same AP that you are; when making these adjustments it unfortunately drops all clients on the AP. once that connection is resolved the drops will stop. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Wil jy my RAIN router leen en toets daar by jou?

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    Wil jy my RAIN router leen en toets daar by jou?
    Yes please.

You just RAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfi Guy View Post
    Ok spoke to the guys, they are adjusting the frequency for another client that is connected to the same AP that you are; when making these adjustments it unfortunately drops all clients on the AP. once that connection is resolved the drops will stop. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.
    That just sounds counterproductive. How many people are connected to that AP?

You just RAR.

That just sounds counterproductive.
    That is how the wireless technology works.

Please also take note that you are on a home package; if you choose to conduct business off of that package then you do so at your own risk.

should you require 99.99% up-time then we can offer you a SLA which would include your own exclusive AP and any adjustments required would be communicated to you prior & only carried out with your approval. I could arrange for Sales to discuss the full details with you should you be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfi Guy View Post
    That is how the wireless technology works.

Please also take note that you are on a home package; if you choose to conduct business off of that package then you do so at your own risk.

should you require 99.99% up-time then we can offer you a SLA which would include your own exclusive AP and any adjustments required would be communicated to you prior & only carried out with your approval. I could arrange for Sales to discuss the full details with you should you be interested.
    I am very well aware of what package I am on, and as an Infrastructure Architect I am also pretty much well aware of how your technology works. Working in the IT industry I am also aware that some changes are done during operating hours, and I also know that some are done during "downtime".

But thank you kindly for your well thought through response and empathy for the situation.

@SharkBait - please can I have that router ASAP?

Thanks.

You just RAR.

I'll just leave this here.

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6707055947

You just RAR.

After logging a call and having someone look at it: http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6708326338

You just RAR.

Thanks for the great service @Skyfi Guy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast