Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 307 of 328 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 4910

Thread: MyBB Path of Exile Intro, FAQ, Chat and Players

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    Mathil coulnd't get lightning warp totems to work with what sounds like exactly your build idea. Went with arc for clear and tendrils for end game bosses
    Tested them last night. They clear ok but not as fast as other builds. Main thing is that their AOE is too low.

Also tested Flame Dash totems. The 3 charges max kills the build because I can only summon 1 totem per second on average.

Since my skill tree and gear was pretty generic I ended up testing a few other spells. All I had taken was AOE nodes, spell crit chance, spell crit multi nodes, all 3 power charges on tree with the main life nodes and Mind Over Matter + Ancestral Bond. Shimmeron Wands also makes any spell deal more lightning damage than their base damage when taking generic nodes.

Flameblast totems felt like the best clear and most viable.
    Bladefall totems was also great and dealt the most damage plus has more ways to scale the damage.
    Glacial Cascade was ok too.

Think totems don't feel as good clear as self cast/attack because Heralds don't work with them. Herald of Ice makes trash clear faster and it also looks great.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys that have been playing regularly. How is the new reflect mechanic? Is it still possible to get killed from offscreen? The one for rares, not map mod.

Thinking of making a low-life glass cannon Kinetic Blaster again. Reflect was the only issue I had with that build a couple years ago. It was the most fun to play.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyanZ View Post
    You guys that have been playing regularly. How is the new reflect mechanic? Is it still possible to get killed from offscreen? The one for rares, not map mod.

Thinking of making a low-life glass cannon Kinetic Blaster again. Reflect was the only issue I had with that build a couple years ago. It was the most fun to play.
    Nope. You can offscreen a reflect rare, its blob of fire will just come zooming at you, very easy to avoid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only if you are pushing high tier maps do the lobbed balls get dangerous. If you make sure you stutter step attack then there is never a problem.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What maps do you guys run now?

Looks like it's possible to now shape Vault to T14 and try to sustain it as the only T14. i.e. Unlock every map up to T12 but no T13+ except for Shaped Vault. It looks to be the most profitable for generating exalts. I ran one Vault map yesterday and had a Hoarder card drop.

My Standard Atlas is a mess right now. GGG moved everything around whilst still leaving them unlocked and added a load more maps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaped Vault was the thing to do last season. The card drop rates have been murdered this league, as well as the sextant blocking.

It can still be done, though you would probably make more money if you find out which shaped maps sell well now and set that up as your own map to run while selling extras.

Edit :
    Deadmanza runs Shaped Haunted Mansion. Its a really nice layout and density.

Seen some streamers run Shaped Underground Sea, its layout has been opened up a bit and is not as bad as before, density is decent, and it drops div cards for alchemy orbs quite often.

I am still challenge hunting until I finish off the elder portion, then I will shape my atlas to the setup I put about 2 pages back.
    Last edited by Ninjatsu; 13-04-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjatsu View Post
    Shaped Vault was the thing to do last season. The card drop rates have been murdered this league, as well as the sextant blocking.

It can still be done, though you would probably make more money if you find out which shaped maps sell well now and set that up as your own map to run while selling extras.

Edit :
    Deadmanza runs Shaped Haunted Mansion. Its a really nice layout and density.

Seen some streamers run Shaped Underground Sea, its layout has been opened up a bit and is not as bad as before, density is decent, and it drops div cards for alchemy orbs quite often.

I am still challenge hunting until I finish off the elder portion, then I will shape my atlas to the setup I put about 2 pages back.
    I run elder haunted mansions*

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which maps are now decent for clear speed in the Shaped T12/T13/T14 region? So T7/T8/T9 maps.

Also noticed that Eternal prices have skyrocketed in Standard. The last one I sold a while back was for 30ex. Also noticed that perfect legacy Rumi's are now in demand. I got several pm's immediately after logging on from the big traders. Mine was listed for 100ex which is now the cheapest and I have 3 of them. Had to switch to DND mode.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which maps are now decent for clear speed in the Shaped T12/T13/T14 region? So T7/T8/T9 maps.

Also noticed that Eternal prices have skyrocketed in Standard. The last one I sold a while back was for 30ex. Also noticed that perfect legacy Rumi's are now in demand. I got several pm's immediately after logging on from the big traders. Mine was listed for 100ex which is now the cheapest and I have 3 of them. Had to switch to DND mode.
    Clear speed meta for the most part is dead. Good layout maps are nice and all but density in those maps is doggers.

I mean I have shaped things like Vaal pyramid, museum, etc.

This league it is all about density.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose that the bosses also matter. Maps which have bosses with one-shot mechanics aren't so great because killing bosses is useful for map sustain. Some map bosses damage can get out of hand with dangerous map mods.

That's one of the reasons T11 Shaped Strand was so popular. Easy fast layout as well as two bosses which did hardly any damage. eg. Malformation Piety is a dangerous boss. I would never run the boss intentionally no matter how much density the map has.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling up the wander now. Dual Poets Pen seems pretty fun for leveling from lvl12. Will use Freezing Pulse and Frost Bolt and make a beeline for 4 jewel sockets whilst leveling so that I can enhance them with threshold jewels.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spent some time min maxing my TS windripper character this weekend, got to lvl 95, have a +1 Quills, +1 Windripper now

Sitting at around 400ex worth of gear on her.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tested out a few builds this weekend with GG mirror gear. Kinetic Blast is decent but single target seems very bad. The nerf to 100% pierce also makes it feel worse than it used to for clearing. Self cast EK nova is great with even more damage than Kinetic Blast. No issues there but single target could get better.

Think I'm going to settle for a Poet's Pen Shadow Assassin build with 4L EK in the wand and Barrage in my 6L. 4L EK should be good enough with all my gear and Barrage will be great single target. Thing's get pretty mad with Headhunter. I'm using:

- Poets Pen
    - Crown of Eyes (Could also use Lightpoacher here for some more AOE clear but will lose the extra damage and leech for my barrage)
    - Headhunter
    - Shavronne's Wrappings (legacy)
    - Mirror ES boots (legacy)
    - Mirror ES shield (legacy) (spell crit and spell damage version)
    - Facebreaker with legacy 90% crit multi and elemental weakness on hit corruption
    - Dream Fragments (cannot be frozen/chilled useful for strongboxes and in general. Mana regen good)
    - Rare ring with ES and legacy ES% mod
    - Amulet (Not sure yet. Probably Presence of Chayula)

Jewels:
    - Legacy EK nova jewel
    - Legacy Energy from Within jewel x2
    - Inspired Learning x1

Flasks:
    - Quicksilver flask (perfect with legacy crit mod)
    - Taste of Hate (perfect legacy)
    - Atziri's Promise (perfect legacy)
    - The Wise Oak (perfect legacy)
    - Sins rebirth or legacy Vessel of Vinktar (not sure yet)
    Last edited by SaiyanZ; 16-04-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling up the wander now. Dual Poets Pen seems pretty fun for leveling from lvl12. Will use Freezing Pulse and Frost Bolt and make a beeline for 4 jewel sockets whilst leveling so that I can enhance them with threshold jewels.
    I am half way through leveling an elemental wander Deadeye. I used the poet's pen with a single curse and increased area, poachers mark for the mana and hp sustain and frenzy charges. Then the cold dmg conversion nodes on the skill tree. The hyrmsorrow gloves would have been a good option too, but just threw some gear together.
    Then rocked the Herald of ice and Hatred. With a bit of added flat phys dmg here and there, poet's pens work perfectly well as a scaling attack based wand too. Stuck a shield in the other side, no need to dual wield. I guess I could have put in some kind of projectile based spell with supports into a second poe'ts but I never really felt like I needed it.
    Tabula with both Barrage and Kinetic Blast with the same 4 supports and just use KB for everything and Barrage whenever there isn't a handy wall around.

Has been fun so far. Deadeye works well because of the massive peircing stuff she gets for two points in the ascendancy tree.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah Poet's Pen is amazing for leveling before maps. No need to even build around it because the damage is enough to clear. What I've found though is that the single target is lacking vs bosses in maps. Even with my setup above with GG gear. That or they have seriously buffed bosses HP. Ran a few T10 maps and felt like I was not doing much damage at all to the bosses. This is with 150k dps barrage and 100k damage EK nova in Path of Building both going off at once.

After looking at a few ascendancies I want to now try a Chieftain totem build. Mainly for the totem leech applies to me. Thinking about maybe a Chin Sol + Skirmish quiver with either Tornado Shot or Siege Ballista. Will have 3 totems with Ancestral Bond. Can also stay on the left of the tree and go Blood Magic whilst using a few Lioneye's Fall jewels to convert melee damage to bow damage.

Edit got another idea:

Dual Wield Touch of Anguish with Blade Flurry CWC Magma Orb. Gloomfang amulet for extra damage per chain and another chain. So 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 chains. Also maybe with an Assassin + poison focused build with Volkuur's Guidance gloves for fire damage can poison. Or maybe skip poison and go Quad spell totem with Hierophant.

Edit 2:
    Saw that I have a Ngamahu Flame axe in my stash. Never actually tried it before. So I quickly put together a cyclone build with an old Duelist. It feels really smooth to play and map clear is insanely fast. Using the following:

Ngamahu Flame weapom
    The Covenant body (for Cyclone blood magic so can reserve all mana and not worry about sustain. Extra link too)
    Devoto's Devotion helm
    Hrimburn for full elemental conversion with ele weakness on hit corruption
    Headhunter
    Daressos Salute amulet for the extra range and damage on full life/speed
    Rare rings and rare boots for resists and life
    GG flasks

Went RT, VP and took Slayer for the leech and cull
    Hatred, Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice auras. Herald of Ice doesn't do too much because I don't shatter mobs so will swap out for something else.
    Last edited by SaiyanZ; 17-04-2018 at 11:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 307 of 328 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317 ... LastLast