Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Vodacom Broadband Connect LTE and Microwave Uncapped packages

  1. #1
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    46,241

    Default Vodacom Broadband Connect LTE and Microwave Uncapped packages

    Not going to advertise with the pricing here as I am sure RPM will not be impressed. If anyone is interested in it and wants pricing just PM me. Application can be done with me via email and telephone. No need to come into the store. LTE largest package is 40gig per month and microwave uncapped highest speed available is 40mbps
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

  2. #2
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    46,241

    Default

    Vodacom Broadband Connect Wireless name now changed to Wireless Premium.

    Data Top Ups pricing have also been adjusted.
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

  3. #3
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    22,045

    Default

    What is Microwave Uncapped?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

  4. #4
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    46,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slootvreter View Post
    What is Microwave Uncapped?
    Pretty much what the name implies. Microwave link uncapped.
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

  5. #5
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    22,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockie View Post
    Pretty much what the name implies. Microwave link uncapped.
    Well who'd have guessed From what to what? What equipment? Frequency?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

  6. #6
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    46,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slootvreter View Post
    Well who'd have guessed From what to what? What equipment? Frequency?
    Would you like to PM me your email meneer and then I can send you the pricing and procedure etc on how to proceed should you be interested?
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

  7. #7
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    22,045

    Default

    Is it not possible to post it here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

  8. #8
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    46,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slootvreter View Post
    Is it not possible to post it here?
    I dont want to post pricing here as it might be seen as advertising and I dont want to get on the wrong side of Rudolph.

    Quite a few peeps have requested pricing and I have amailed it to them with a explanation of the procedure. Dont have to give me your work email....just a spare gmail address or something similar for me to get the info to you.
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

  9. #9
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    22,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockie View Post
    I dont want to post pricing here as it might be seen as advertising and I dont want to get on the wrong side of Rudolph.

    Quite a few peeps have requested pricing and I have amailed it to them with a explanation of the procedure. Dont have to give me your work email....just a spare gmail address or something similar for me to get the info to you.
    I'm not particularly interested in pricing, just the product and how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

  10. #10
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    46,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slootvreter View Post
    I'm not particularly interested in pricing, just the product and how it works.
    Well, first step is we create a quote on the system we use for BC products. Then we submit a desktop study request to Vodacom. This step is pretty much unique to the microwave link product. Vodacom then checks your location and makes sure there is a hub for you to connect to in the area. Once the study comes back approved you sign the quote and provide credit vetting docs if you are a brand new client. Once credit vetting is approved, then your app goes to the config guys and to a seperate company that does the installating for microwave. They make a appointment with you to come and install the antenna and router at the address the service is required. that is how it works in a nutshell.
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

  11. #11
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    22,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockie View Post
    Well, first step is we create a quote on the system we use for BC products. Then we submit a desktop study request to Vodacom. This step is pretty much unique to the microwave link product. Vodacom then checks your location and makes sure there is a hub for you to connect to in the area. Once the study comes back approved you sign the quote and provide credit vetting docs if you are a brand new client. Once credit vetting is approved, then your app goes to the config guys and to a seperate company that does the installating for microwave. They make a appointment with you to come and install the antenna and router at the address the service is required. that is how it works in a nutshell.
    Ok what I was looking for is information on the radio equipment. Not how to apply for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

  12. #12
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    46,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slootvreter View Post
    Ok what I was looking for is information on the radio equipment. Not how to apply for it.
    Gosh ... you sure are a curious George. OK, lets see if this can satisfy your curiosity.


    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 514
Size:  59.2 KB

    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 515
Size:  104.1 KB

    I dont have something that explains the Microwave equipment in more detail.
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

  13. #13

    Default

    @Ockie, apparently I can't send you a PM? Looking for pricing info etc for my area

  14. #14
    Resident Lead Bender Ockie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Henceforth AKA OckieMoto :-)
    Posts
    46,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elax View Post
    @Ockie, apparently I can't send you a PM? Looking for pricing info etc for my area
    Howzit. Sent you my contact details
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Vodacom Broadband Connect Wireless
    By Mal1ce in forum Fixed Broadband
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-07-2016, 02:42 PM
  2. Vodacom launches new LTE business broadband packages
    By Kevin Lancaster in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 22-09-2015, 10:02 PM
  3. Vodacom Broadband Connect Fibre
    By 3n1gma in forum Fibre
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-06-2015, 10:14 AM
  4. Vodacom Broadband Connect Fibre- Observatory Home Connect
    By Bushbug in forum Vodacom Broadband and Mobile Internet | LTE, HSPA+, HSDPA, 3G, EDGE, GPRS and BIS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-04-2015, 09:08 PM
  5. MTN to raise speed limit on uncapped broadband packages
    By jes in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 12:11 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •