Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Iburst bill: R2400; Never applied for- nor had any IBurst services!

Grandmaster

Very few people finish their 24 month contracts without some problem or other, and most of them get billed for a "missed" payment at some stage or other, yet the whole point of the debit order was to avoid "missed" payments.

Some even get double billed (including myself) only to find out later that the incompetent idiots in the accounts department messed up.

Yes I would say the accounts department is the main cause of iburst losing customers, that applies to me leaving since in general I had a pretty good connection, but I could not handle any more stress of dealing with them so I canceled my account.

If anyone insists on getting iburst I suggest they only do it on the month 2 month, AND DO NOT do it by DEBIT ORDER, just make sure you pay them every month and KEEP the PROOF of payments because you can be sure at some stage they'll insist that you owe them money.

To ALL NEW potential iburst customers, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!
    ---=== iBurst.....Where Confusion and Crime Reigns Supreme ===---
    Before taking the plunge check out the link below:
    hellopeter

Only problem I get from accounts is that I'm consistently billed on the incorrect day. I asked to be billed on the 1st of every month which has yet to happen.

Support is also lacking abit. There is no real linux support for iburst although they have advertised that it'll work on linux. Luckly ubuntu community is great. You're also finding that there are more helpful topics here on these forums compared to the "support blog" (but that is expected seeing as ibursts support blog would only every return XML and do nothing useful when I submitted questions).

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by eltherza View Post
    Only problem I get from accounts is that I'm consistently billed on the incorrect day. I asked to be billed on the 1st of every month which has yet to happen.

Support is also lacking abit. There is no real linux support for iburst although they have advertised that it'll work on linux. Luckly ubuntu community is great. You're also finding that there are more helpful topics here on these forums compared to the "support blog" (but that is expected seeing as ibursts support blog would only every return XML and do nothing useful when I submitted questions).
    Just wait your turn is coming when you get double billed or "missed" payments as you'll find out when you try to leave iburst.
    I'll be very surprised if what I said above does not happen to you.

Technical support also stinks but thankfully I never really needed help from them, except when I did call them at some stage I realized they were also pretty useless.

The best thing that could happen to the iburst system (which is a good system) is for it to change hands and end up with a company that is properly managed with professional qualified staff, if this does not happen then it will continue to loss customers.
    hellopeter

Default Hey Me Too

I also got this confused account.
    It says 2 months invoice which is for 120 days total amount of R1398 then Upgrade Pro - Rate subs -R100 Then and this is the best New invoice Number I653509 Manual Invoice R1298 Total amount R2596.00

Hey I canceled my contract in Feb 2007 I sold my modem on Myadsl within 2 days. I got an email from Iburst telling me that my account is closed and that I can sell my modem.

4 Months later I get this crap invoice. You know what I think, Money went missing and now there is a cover up.

Iburst tell me I'm wrong.

Grandmaster

There's another happy exburster who received invoices demanding money AFTER canceling.
    hellopeter

Quote Originally Posted by MrH View Post

If anyone insists on getting iburst I suggest they only do it on the month 2 month, AND DO NOT do it by DEBIT ORDER, just make sure you pay them every month and KEEP the PROOF of payments because you can be sure at some stage they'll insist that you owe them money.

To ALL NEW potential iburst customers, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!
    I bought my modem from someone else and joined i-iBest on a month 2 month basis, BUT they refused to let me pay them every month, insisting on a debit order!

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Steinie View Post
    I bought my modem from someone else and joined i-iBest on a month 2 month basis, BUT they refused to let me pay them every month, insisting on a debit order!
    And they did that so they can "screw" you later, I suggest you make printed copies every month of your bank statements and keep them in a safe place as proof of payment, since you can almost certainly be sure they will try get more money out of you at some stage.
    hellopeter

Default LOL... I apparently owe them R 778

HAHA I also got one of these in the post today.

The account is in a company name. I have never ever had an iBurst account, it's all in the company's name... I'm an employee of that company, not an owner or anything like that.

So we get an invoice for the company, and a statement for me... company owes R 389, I owe R 778.

The best part is, they sent mail addressed to me in the same envelope as the mail addressed to the company. Maybe they wanted to just save on some postage

*sigh* I'm off to mail them. Stupidest stupids ever.

Default iburst send account 18K [email protected]#$$$

oh, yeh, happy merry go round time - iburst send me a bill for just over 18K, correct R18,000.00!!
    Ok so, when they started I was one of their trial rats, but luckily for me the signal was too weak at my location, so they terminated the trials and contract.
    So I get this bill the other day, almost have a heart attack..give their accounts department a call and the response is, oh sorry we made a boo-boo - well @#& you!\
    so they send out a zillion fake invoices, imagine if just 1% don't bother to check or just panic and pay.
    So I think one of two things happened here - either iburst went to desperate measures to raise cash or they are crooking books and trying to show some investor or bank or some sucker that they have a huge amount owing - either way thank goodness the signal was weak..and iburst, I'm also going to send you back an invoice for 18K and your accounts can try and figure out what it's for.

Wugger

Quote Originally Posted by furnic View Post
    ..and iburst, I'm also going to send you back an invoice for 18K and your accounts can try and figure out what it's for.
    ROFL.

That is a really good idea. Charge them for inflicting suffering and panic. Mental damage. Tell them you had a nervous breakdown when you got the mail

oh, yeh, happy merry go round time - iburst send me a bill for just over 18K, correct R18,000.00!!
    Ok so, when they started I was one of their trial rats, but luckily for me the signal was too weak at my location, so they terminated the trials and contract.
    So I get this bill the other day, almost have a heart attack..give their accounts department a call and the response is, oh sorry we made a boo-boo - well @#& you!\
    so they send out a zillion fake invoices, imagine if just 1% don't bother to check or just panic and pay.
    So I think one of two things happened here - either iburst went to desperate measures to raise cash or they are crooking books and trying to show some investor or bank or some sucker that they have a huge amount owing - either way thank goodness the signal was weak..and iburst, I'm also going to send you back an invoice for 18K and your accounts can try and figure out what it's for.

I have had on 2 seperate occasions over a 12 month period this kind of crap.

Both times demanding that I owed them R3k - R4k. Despite that I was on a M to M fully paid and cancelled contract. The 2nd time I warned them in writing that if it happened again I would lodge a charge of fraud against them. This was because the 2nd time they threatened legal action if I did not pay.

I guess its time to go look in my P.O.BOX again.

I would not advise ANYONE to get involved with this dodgy badly run company.
    So Iburst has gone the same way as Neotel and Sentech... Iburst=Neotel=Sentech(R.I.P)

I had instances last year of them not deducting debit orders (Their error!). This was sorted out in October, after back and forth emails, reconcilliations etc, and they deducted the arrear amount from my account. I cancellled iBurst in January 2007. The cancellation was confirmed and I heard no more from them. I was officially an Ex-client.

Until this week. Suddently I get an orange envelope with a jolly subscribers update message, and a statement attempting to show that I still owe them R1 099 dating back to mid-2006.

Well, I'm afraid I have proof positive that my account was fully paid up. And I am strongly of the opinion that sending out bogus statements and invoices to ex-clients is fraud. Most people will phone iBurst and clear up "the mistake", but how many victims will beleive that they missed some payments and cough up?

This company is beyond repugnant.

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasashimi View Post
    Will let you all know when they pay up
    Ask them to pass you a credit for a service that you don't have...
    that way if they not clever enough, someone will actually pass you credit...
    Save WATER: Drink beer!!!

Grandmaster

- either iburst went to desperate measures to raise cash or they are crooking books and trying to show some investor or bank or some sucker that they have a huge amount owing -
    What you said is quite possible coming from that company.

I just hope anyone reading this thread takes note and if they are already involved with iburst WATCH YOUR BANK STATEMENTS, and if you don't have iburst yet do yourself and your nerves a favor and rather go with another ISP or you too will have sleepless nights wondering when these idiots will withdraw large amounts of cash from your bank account.

It seems even month to month customers are having a similar problem.
    hellopeter

Grandmaster

Nee here god. I also cancelled in December 2006, had a big fight then with them for debiting my account with R4000+ for bandwidth they were supposed to have been debiting me throughout the year, finally got that sorted out, then, whammo, got an invoice for R7000+ yesterday, for bandwidth and subscription (I was on a month to month).

I called them; they simply tell me to disregard the invoice, there is a 'system problem'. Doesn't inspire confidence at all, not at all. Given their trackrecord in accounting, someone else there may just decide to follow up on supposed 'defaulters'.

I'm glad I'm not with iBurps anymore.
    Last edited by Rustum; 17-07-2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: December 2007 was wrong

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast