Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vumatel Fibre CPE and which WAN Router - fibre-noob

Quote Originally Posted by PBCool View Post
    Are you replacing another router with the Billion?
    I am using the Bipac 7800X router for ADSL and just wanted to know if there were any known issues when using that router on Vumatel fibre.

No reason it shouldn't work, just keep in mind most services on Vumatel are limited to 1 public IP which is bound to a MAC address.
    Does Vumatel fully support IPv6 (as the 1 public IP and bound MAC address)?

Blog Entries

Some feedback: I hooked up our older TP-Link TL-WR1043ND's WAN port to the CPE, configured the connection as Dynamic IP and was online within 20min. Happy daze
    Ach! Crivens!

#ProudlySouthAfrican

Quote Originally Posted by flarkit View Post
    Some feedback: I hooked up our older TP-Link TL-WR1043ND's WAN port to the CPE, configured the connection as Dynamic IP and was online within 20min. Happy daze
    Great, thanks flarkit.
    PhenomII X6 1100T | Asus M5A99X Evo | OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD | 16GB Hyper-X | Radeon HD6850 | Win7 Ult 64 | HX850 PSU | 2x Samsung 2333SW | CM690ii | H80 Cooler

Quote Originally Posted by flarkit View Post
    Could you make a dummies guide for this please
    Disclaimer:All posts are personal opinion and not the opinion of anyone else or any other entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pho3nix View Post
    Could you make a dummies guide for this please
    What do you need to know about the way the system works?
    Cool Ideas Service Provider - www.cisp.co.za

What do you need to know about the way the system works?
    My understanding is Vumatel connection is tied to the MAC connection of the device that setup the account.
    That makes sense to me. I just don't understand how to setup the dynamic IP thingy from my TP link. Wanna use my gigabit router

PBCool, if I go live tomorrow. How long would it take if I went with Cool Idea's?
    Disclaimer:All posts are personal opinion and not the opinion of anyone else or any other entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pho3nix View Post
    My understanding is Vumatel connection is tied to the MAC connection of the device that setup the account.
    That makes sense to me. I just don't understand how to setup the dynamic IP thingy from my TP link. Wanna use my gigabit router

PBCool, if I go live tomorrow. How long would it take if I went with Cool Idea's?
    Basically each device is locked via mac to their IP, so if the service is allocated 2 IPs you can have 2 macs and devices. If you want to change the device, then on the admin side (your ISP) would need to reset the mac bind essentially.

If your CPE is in our service activates automatically in a few minutes.

I eventually used my existing TP-Link ADSL unit (see my initial post) as the router, didn't change any settings, just plugged it into the Vuma CPE and all devices on my existing network worked fine
    PhenomII X6 1100T | Asus M5A99X Evo | OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD | 16GB Hyper-X | Radeon HD6850 | Win7 Ult 64 | HX850 PSU | 2x Samsung 2333SW | CM690ii | H80 Cooler

Quote Originally Posted by howardb View Post
    I eventually used my existing TP-Link ADSL unit (see my initial post) as the router, didn't change any settings, just plugged it into the Vuma CPE and all devices on my existing network worked fine
    Yeap it would with the mac bind, you can spoof your existing mac on the new device, that would also work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by howardb View Post
    This is what I did, which worked great
    Ach! Crivens!

#ProudlySouthAfrican

Okay, so I know this thread is a bit old but I need some help. So we just got 100/10 mbs from Cool Ideas today and I am trying to set up the rputer but it doesn’t want to work. The router is a Netgear router with a wan port and I think the problem lies in the settings rather than the rputer itself. It does not directly give the option for DHCp but it does give the option of ticking No for “Does your internet connection require a login”. Also about the MAC address, I ordered the package from my laptop, so should I set the router to use that mac adress?

Quote Originally Posted by KVoigt View Post
    Okay, so I know this thread is a bit old but I need some help. So we just got 100/10 mbs from Cool Ideas today and I am trying to set up the rputer but it doesn’t want to work. The router is a Netgear router with a wan port and I think the problem lies in the settings rather than the rputer itself. It does not directly give the option for DHCp but it does give the option of ticking No for “Does your internet connection require a login”. Also about the MAC address, I ordered the package from my laptop, so should I set the router to use that mac adress?
    Rather get cool ideas to clear the Mac lock on your line. Then see if it works.

Turns out I used my phone to sign up and not my laptop and had to use that adress☺️ But know it works!

Quote Originally Posted by KVoigt View Post
    So we just got 100/10 mbs from Cool Ideas today and I am trying to set up the rputer but it doesn’t want to work.
    Here's a link to the Cool Ideas thread (in case you need it in future):

https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...r-ISP-Feedback

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12