Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEOTEL CDMA network down since Thursday - Whats going on?

Days after being assured that the problem with Neotel's CDMA network had been sorted, I'm still getting speeds of 98 kbps (0.10 Mbps)Name:  2016-08-17_174041.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  76.5 KB

This issue is happening again the Cape town CBD area.
    Does anyone else have super slow CDMA wifi at the moment?
    Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetFennyAdams View Post
    This issue is happening again the Cape town CBD area.
    Does anyone else have super slow CDMA wifi at the moment?
    I'm still experiencing very slow speeds in Table View, as are several friends.

Same issue here in Somerset West!

I gave up last month, cancelled one of my two CDMA contracts. Will probably cancel second one too if for some miracle the network reliability and throughput does not improve.

Ps - good luck trying to cancel anything Neotel. I will save you some time process copied below:

"
    Our termination process is as follows:

You may terminate the agreement in respect of a particular service upon submitting 20(twenty) business days written notice to Neotel. Please note that your notice period is effective from the date we receive your written notice to terminate your services.

The request can be submitted via e-mail to [email protected] or alternatively you can fax the request to 0865137566.

Kindly indicate the services you wish to terminate and the reason for terminating the services.
    "

I am not a heavy data user (between 20-30GB per month) but currently struggle to use 5 of my 15GB per month on neotel CDMA.

Already bought the CellC LTE 200GB valid for a year package (think it was R1600). Paying roughly the same per GB as neotel CDMA but way better speeds.

Netflix haven't buffered once in the past month on LTE, even between 18h and 20h peak times!

Bye neotel, I enjoyed the 2-3 years being your customer but now it is time to move on.

When they've got a very decent LTE network, I sometimes think they've written off their older CDMA network as its not worth maintaining any more

Thats fine if they decommission their CDMA network, then at least the users will know to be on the lookout for something else, but now we are hanging in limbo, don't know to go through all the effort to shop around and move over or wait a day/week/month or two in order for Neotel to get their ducks in a row.

Just signed up to Telkom Mobile (Prepaid Free ME)

Hell, its fast and stable.
    Good riddance Neohell!
    May you go bankrupt sooner than later!
    Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people.

Its like we're in the Early 2000s with Neotel.

Go to their LTE or to another networks 3G, Afrihost is about 10c/MB and starts off with a gig for R60 these days

Quote Originally Posted by Segg View Post
    Go to their LTE or to another networks 3G, Afrihost is about 10c/MB and starts off with a gig for R60 these days
    From the number of complaints there are numerous Neotel LTE customers experiencing ongoing problems too.
    I would have to break my contract, and a comparable 10 GB package for which I am paying R 129 will cost me R 346 at Afrihost.

I'm thinking of paying to break my contract in order to get a Gig200 LTE deal via CellC. However, I'm hearing as many complaints about their service as Neotel's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidkaroo View Post
    I'm hearing as many complaints about their service as Neotel's.
    Hate to say this, but its a no win situation here in SA .

Quote Originally Posted by Segg View Post
    That's true. But Wireless Internet is overpriced. DSL is so much cheaper but a mission to get Telkom to maintain your line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12