Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Rohde, Sotheby's CEO, Murder Trial

Blog Entries

Default CEO arrested for wife's Spier murder

Cape Town – The husband of Susan Rohde, whose body was found in a bathroom of an upmarket Stellenbosch hotel, has reportedly been arrested in connection with her murder.

Western Cape police would only confirm to News24 that a 47-year-old man had been arrested in Johannesburg around 06:50 on Tuesday, but the man's lawyer confirmed his arrest to Netwerk24.

Jason Rohde, 47, is the chief executive officer of Sotheby International Realty.

He was expected to appear on a charge of murder in the Stellenbosch Magistrate’s Court soon, said Captain FC van Wyk.

Netwerk24 reported that Rohde, who was arrested at his home in Bryanston, would initially appear in the Randburg Magistrate's Court. He faces an additional charge of obstruction of justice.

Forensic reports

Susan Rohde, 47, was found dead at the Spier Wine Estate on July 24. Sotheby’s had hosted its annual conference at the venue for the weekend.

Her husband's lawyers previously told News24 they had commissioned pathological and forensic reports after his wife’s death was ruled as murder.

The reports would include toxicology and histology analyses - the study of the anatomy of cells and tissues - and more thorough examination of the X-rays, Rohde’s lawyer Daniel Witz said at the time.

Following the initial registration of an inquest docket, the results of the State pathologist’s post mortem led to the cause of her death being changed to murder.

Witz said that according to his client, he and his wife had woken up together that Sunday morning.

“She went into the bathroom to get ready and he fell asleep. When he awoke to get ready for a breakfast talk, he was unable to open the door,” he said.

Hotel maintenance was called to assist. Once opened, he found his wife hung behind the door, he told News24.

Allegations of the couple being involved in an argument at the hotel’s bar on Saturday night, where Susan apparently “stood in public and said she knew he was having an affair” were irrelevant, Witz argued.

The couple have three daughters - an 18-year-old and twins who are 16.

Jenna Etheridge, News24
    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...823?isapp=true

Yep, cops rocked up at the complex this morning as I was leaving, apparently he was arrested in front of the kids, which is a bit overboard if you ask me, I would have called him to come out rather than walk in and place him in cuffs

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Segg View Post
    Yep, cops rocked up at the complex this morning as I was leaving, apparently he was arrested in front of the kids, which is a bit overboard if you ask me, I would have called him to come out rather than walk in and place him in cuffs
    Many people are arrested in front of kids don't see why he should be afforded special attention.
    “Stupidity was as necessary as intelligence, and as difficult to attain.”

A Djinn

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    I see he was arrested in the early hours of this morning. Mandy Weiner on Twitter saying Sue was murdered with a hair iron. I assume strangled with the cord.

Bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spliffcat View Post
    Another Oscar...
    Ban Hair Irons.
    The case should serve as a cautionary tale for wives and girlfriend who want GHDs.
    Quote Originally Posted by CorrieV2.0 View Post
    ... trust me I will feel threatened when you come.

husband/boyfriends should stop their tendency of killing wives/girlfriends. i am sure there is another solution not murder.
    to live doesn't mean u are alive!

A Djinn

Quote Originally Posted by Lindiswa View Post
    husband/boyfriends should stop their tendency of killing wives/girlfriends. i am sure there is another solution not murder.
    You couldn't wait 30 minutes before I went and bought popcorn?

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Lindiswa View Post
    The call should be extended to wives and girlfriends. In many cases women tend to outsource the job but that don't mean it ain't happening.
    “Stupidity was as necessary as intelligence, and as difficult to attain.”

Quote Originally Posted by R13... View Post
    Many people are arrested in front of kids don't see why he should be afforded special attention.
    I'm saying in general, people shouldn't be arrested in front of their children, it just adds to the trauma

So he called police and said he would hand himself in.... so is that an admittance?
    There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes. - Doctor Who

A Djinn

I'm saying in general, people shouldn't be arrested in front of their children, it just adds to the trauma
    How old are the kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja'd View Post
    How old are the kids?
    16 x2
    18 x1
    Last edited by Segg; 23-08-2016 at 01:12 PM.

14 x2
    18 x1
    So old enough to be able to understand the implications of their father murdering their mother then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn1 View Post
    I have been called a retard my whole life

Quote Originally Posted by Antybubbs View Post
    So he called police and said he would hand himself in.... so is that an admittance?
    Yeah, he said he would hand himself in so why arrest him at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja'd View Post
    How old are the kids?
    18 year old and 16 year old twins.
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Super Grandmaster

Default Daughters 'traumatised' after CEO arrested at home

Cape Town - The three teenage daughters of murder-accused businessman Jason Rohde, 47, are reportedly traumatised after he was arrested at their home in Johannesburg early on Tuesday morning.

Netwerk24 reported that between eight and nine police officers arrived at his Bryanston home shortly after 06:00.

Rohde was arrested for the murder of his wife, Susan, 47, whose body was found in a bathroom at the upmarket hotel at Spier Wine Estate in Stellenbosch on July 24.

Western Cape police would only confirm to News24 that a 47-year-old man had been arrested in Johannesburg.

Rohde's lawyer Daniel Witz told TimesLIVE that the couple's three daughters - an 18-year-old and 16-year-old twins - were "quite traumatised".

Witz told Netwerk24 that Rohde had met with police in Stellenbosch last week and agreed that he would travel to Cape Town at his own expense and hand himself in if they wanted to arrest him. He was told the investigation was continuing.

Rohde was reportedly shocked that police had gone back on their word and had arrested him at home.

Witz is trying to arrange that Rohde appear in court in Gauteng for bail purposes. He is being held at the Randburg police station.

Rohde is the chief executive officer of Sotheby International Realty.

News24
    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...-home-20160823
    My views are not cast in stone

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by schumi View Post
    he found his wife hung behind the door
    HE might be hung, but she was found hanged.
    One cannot make assertions about reality based on philosophy alone. ~ Coyne

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast