Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fibre Elarduspark

Default Fibre Elarduspark

Anyone got an idea who's fibre is it that they are laying in Elarduspark, telkom...?
    They started in Boeing and I assume they are going into the neighborhood now.

Where exactly in Boeing are they currently? I was just about to actually start a thred on this, whether anyone know something about fiber in Elardus Park and Rietvallei park. I'm in Rietvallei park and as far as I know, Telkom doesn't even show the Elardus park / Rietvallei park area as planned on their maps.
    I don't drink water, unless it's been through a brewery first.

We are in Wingate Park, currently they are digging/laying fibre on corner Klipbank street and Peddie Street, phoning Telkom, they know nothing about it. Openserve can't register the address, no telephone number to contact. Asking the guys doing the installation, they say they are from Telkom but don't know who we must contact for Street to Home installation.
    Last edited by pinkscorpio68; 12-10-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Basically the whole Boeing pas Rietvalleirand up to R21 bussines park. Saw this afternoon they dropped a roll of fibre in van Nikkelen street.

Default Fibre Elarduspark

Will most probably see pavement being lifted soon.
    Last edited by iWish; 12-10-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iWish View Post
    Basically the whole Boeing pas Rietvalleirand up to R21 bussines park. Saw this afternoon they dropped a roll of fibre in van Nikkelen street.

That's great news, let's hope they go both left and right, in to the suburbs.
    Last edited by bigboy529; 12-10-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkscorpio68 View Post
    We are in Wingate Park, currently they are digging/laying fibre on corner Klipbank street and Peddie Street, phoning Telkom, they know nothing about it. Openserve can't register the address, no telephone number to contact. Asking the guys doing the installation, they say they are from Telkom but don't know who we must contact for Street to Home installation.
    Also In Wingate Park, near Galana. They came to my house inspecting the current line to see if the tree branches needs clearing.

Our back wall is next to Boeing and the current Telkom copper line also run down those walls, there's a Telkom pole in the back corner of our yard. I wonder if they will bring the fiber straight from Boeing on to the existing copper pole route, or whether they'll run the fiber down in to the suburb basically following the streets, there by entering our yards from the streetfront.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    Our back wall is next to Boeing and the current Telkom copper line also run down those walls, there's a Telkom pole in the back corner of our yard. I wonder if they will bring the fiber straight from Boeing on to the existing copper pole route, or whether they'll run the fiber down in to the suburb basically following the streets, there by entering our yards from the streetfront.
    I guess they'll run the fibre down the suburb and enter via the street front.

They were busy pulling fibre. Notice said Huawei/telkom. They took the fibre through the manholes. No digging up yet.

I wasn't out today but asked a friend to have a look on his way to my place. He said they are busy with fiber on Boeing but it looks like it can also be for CCTV like in other areas of Pretoria. The only names he could spot on vehicles or clothing was something to do with free wifi, I think maybe free wifi initiative. I asked him to look out for Telkom branding on clothes of workers and vehicles.

DFA offices are also near the R21
    In Constantia Park they redid the Poles and DSL along with the Fibre rollout
    Sony VAIO VPCEB37FG i5 460M 4096MB DDR3 1066MHz ATi HD5650 1080P Full HD 15.5inch
    Blackberry Bold 9780 ; GT-i9300 ; GT-i9500 ; NOTE 3

Which other neighbourhoods in Pretoria recently got fiber, I'm just wondering how fast they are moving these days with a rollout like this from where we see them now to entering streets and homes?

I wonder if we can realistically look at Jan 2017, March 2017, June 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    Which other neighbourhoods in Pretoria recently got fiber, I'm just wondering how fast they are moving these days with a rollout like this from where we see them now to entering streets and homes?

I wonder if we can realistically look at Jan 2017, March 2017, June 2017?
    Constantia Park and Moreleta is being rolled out at the moment it seems.

Contractors have been busy replacing Poles and Digging trenches.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast