Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: Online shops in South Africa on credit card skimming list

  1. #1
    Drifting in the black Jan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    4,380

    Default Online shops in South Africa on credit card skimming list

    South African online shops on credit card skimming list

    Hackers have installed credit card skimming scripts on thousands of online stores, including numerous South African stores.
    You can't stop the signal.

  2. #2

    Default

    How is that click bait? Sit down.

    Nice one MyBB.
    ಠ_ಠ
    <|>
    /ω\

  3. #3

    Default

    Snugglybum???
    Quote Originally Posted by sajunky View Post
    It is a Chrismas time, animals speak human language, deamons speak through the humans, it is normal. Honesty is the way we can combat it.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simm_card View Post
    How is that click bait? Sit down.

    Nice one MyBB.
    Has anyone used any of these sites?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backstreetboy View Post
    tiftfy MyBB clickbait.
    The headline is 100% correct, and exactly describes the content in the article. It is therefore the opposite of clickbait.

    However, I can completely understand that you have an enormous desire to use the new word “clickbait” which you have heard about. I would, however, encourage you to learn what it means first.

    This is a good place to start: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clickbait Look at the examples, and see if this one fits
    Last edited by rpm; 16-10-2016 at 11:46 AM.

  6. #6
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Durban and all.
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    This is a good place to start: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clickbait Look at the examples, and see if this one fits
    "You've found a word that is only available in the Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary. To view the full definition of clickbait, activate your free trial today."

    Nice one.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elvis_presley View Post
    "You've found a word that is only available in the Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary. To view the full definition of clickbait, activate your free trial today."
    Strange - was open to me.

    Here it is: You'll never believe what happened when … This is the cutest thing ever … This is the biggest mistake you can make … Take this quiz to see which character you are on … They are all classic clickbait models.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _TrXtR_ View Post
    Has anyone used any of these sites?
    I've bought shirts from Kingsley Heath but at the mall.

  9. #9
    Super Grandmaster crackersa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    25,270

    Default

    Didn't recognize a single store. I wonder who hosts their sites?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    Strange - was open to me.

    Here it is: You'll never believe what happened when … This is the cutest thing ever … This is the biggest mistake you can make … Take this quiz to see which character you are on … They are all classic clickbait models.
    How about using "massive" regularly in headlines?

  11. #11
    Super Grandmaster crackersa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Posts
    25,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    The headline is 100% correct, and exactly describes the content in the article. It is therefore the opposite of clickbait.

    However, I can completely understand that you have an enormous desire to use the new word “clickbait” which you have heard about. I would, however, encourage you to learn what it means first.

    This is a good place to start: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clickbait Look at the examples, and see if this one fits
    Someone let the BURN unit know they got another one!

  12. #12
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Durban and all.
    Posts
    3,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    Here it is: You'll never believe what happened when … This is the cutest thing ever … This is the biggest mistake you can make … Take this quiz to see which character you are on … They are all classic clickbait models.
    Those are the obvious ones. Any headline overstating and sensationalizing the content is clickbait. You're thinking of what's referred to as buzzfeed-style clickbait headlines, that's the worst kind, but by no means the only kind.

    dictionary.com:
    a sensationalized headline or piece of text on the Internet designed to entice people to follow a link to an article on another Web page.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackersa View Post
    Didn't recognize a single store. I wonder who hosts their sites?
    Kingsley Heath is a clothing store in Canal Walk. Don't know if they have other branches.

  14. #14
    Still a Mod MickeyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nelson Mandela Bay
    Posts
    138,371

    Default

    Thread cleanup imminent. Stay on topic or post elsewhere.

  15. #15

    Default

    Nobody buys porn from Woodster?
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

    - Benjamin Franklin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best Method/Gateway for Online Payments (Credit Card) in South Africa
    By Brakanjan in forum Software and Web Development
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-07-2017, 12:17 AM
  2. Beware credit/debit card skimming at ATMs
    By rpm in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 16-11-2010, 06:47 PM
  3. Payment method other than credit card in south africa.
    By rg321mh in forum World of Warcraft and Diablo
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 04:47 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 12:01 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 30-01-2006, 09:13 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •