Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 215 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 3222

Thread: New water restriction tariffs hit Cape Town: what you need to know

  1. #2986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daveza View Post
    For all sectors as far as I know.
    So a silly law nobody actually implements and therefore will mean nothing in this case.

  2. #2987
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Durbanville, Cape Town
    Posts
    30,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SauRoNZA View Post
    So a silly law nobody actually implements and therefore will mean nothing in this case.
    Oh there will be plenty of workers who suddenly discover it.
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrica View Post
    they (criminals ) are just trying to make a living .

  3. #2988

    Default

    Ha ha, yeah that is true.

  4. #2989
    Grandmaster Zoomzoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Oudtshoorn-ish
    Posts
    1,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_the_Brit View Post
    Would be far better to hear them putting pressure on national government to release funds...
    If they did that, they wouldn't have any one to blame.

  5. #2990
    Super Grandmaster maumau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    fairland
    Posts
    9,447

    Default

    It's unforgivable that S.A. farmers haven't switched to drip irrigation. It works in Israel and product is available locally.

    Evaporation is a huge issue.
    Last edited by maumau; 13-01-2018 at 07:17 AM.

  6. #2991
    Super Grandmaster xrapidx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    33,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maumau View Post
    It's unforgivable that S.A. farmers haven't switched to drip irrigation. It works in Israel and product is available locally.

    Evaporation is a huge issue.
    My dad gives me grief everytime he visits me because I'm not using drip irrigation. (He used to be in farming, and now has a nursery for farmers)

  7. #2992
    Grandmaster
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    2,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomzoom View Post
    If they did that, they wouldn't have any one to blame.
    Hell, you must have really been wronged in a previous life by the DA. You mentioned in a separate thread that you were going through a rough patch, pulling yourself out of a hole - I reckon if you spent half the time that you do rubbishing the DA on this forum (and perhaps others as well) and utilised that time better, you would have already been out of that damn hole.

  8. #2993
    Super Grandmaster maumau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    fairland
    Posts
    9,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xrapidx View Post
    My dad gives me grief everytime he visits me because I'm not using drip irrigation. (He used to be in farming, and now has a nursery for farmers)
    Clever dad

    Netafim is the one I went for. It can be set up with the usual timers and liquid fertilizers.

    I only have a garden but decided a few years ago it was the way to go.

  9. #2994
    Super Grandmaster xrapidx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    33,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maumau View Post
    Clever dad

    Netafim is the one I went for. It can be set up with the usual timers and liquid fertilizers.

    I only have a garden but decided a few years ago it was the way to go.
    Wish I'd done the same initially, but to change it now - just don't have the money.

  10. #2995
    Super Grandmaster theratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Where the cheese is.
    Posts
    6,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by air View Post
    Hell, you must have really been wronged in a previous life by the DA. You mentioned in a separate thread that you were going through a rough patch, pulling yourself out of a hole - I reckon if you spent half the time that you do rubbishing the DA on this forum (and perhaps others as well) and utilised that time better, you would have already been out of that damn hole.
    Triggered much?
    In a discussion about water you have crossed the line and clearly gotten personal because you've taken offense at his dislike of the DA. Shame on you.
    Best Sports Betting -> Your guide to South African Bookies

  11. #2996

    Default

    Had a lovely ride today, good to see so many of the farm dams nearly full and my secret fountain still flowing.
    Name:  IMG_20180113_144242.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  307.8 KB
    Y'all sucka fools keep drinking that sweet DA Kool-Aid BS.
    You can do something for love, you can do something for money, but there is nothing quite so satisfying as doing something out of spite - Jeremy Clarkson, 1991

  12. #2997
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Durbanville, Cape Town
    Posts
    30,714

    Default

    Name:  twk.PNG
Views: 131
Size:  560.3 KB
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by lafrica View Post
    they (criminals ) are just trying to make a living .

  13. #2998
    MyBB Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    /\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
    Posts
    35,076

    Default

    Anyone see this video? Was sent via whatsapp. Any truth to it? https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a5b3901...104-WA0006.mp4
    Feeling down? You need a Friday thread.

  14. #2999

    Default

    I'm starting to wonder why I didn't set up my porta pool and just run the gutters into it.

    Seems a bit late now but when is the next spec or rain supposed to happen?

  15. #3000
    Super Grandmaster MightyQuin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Right here...right now...
    Posts
    8,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
    Anyone see this video? Was sent via whatsapp. Any truth to it? https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a5b3901...104-WA0006.mp4
    What a load of "out-of-context facts" BS...not applicable in the slightest to the Western Cape water crisis.
    Advertorial Click-Bait Interferer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 215 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Water Account - Cape Town
    By Devinity in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-03-2016, 03:22 PM
  2. Water restrictions for Cape Town
    By xrapidx in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 02-12-2015, 05:20 PM
  3. Beware: City of Cape Town New Electricity tariffs allocation
    By morkhans in forum Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-08-2014, 10:14 AM
  4. Water bill in Cape Town
    By greggpb in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 06:18 PM
  5. Cape Town tap water smells odd
    By Sackboy in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 25-11-2009, 07:23 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •