Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 354 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354
Results 5,296 to 5,309 of 5309

Thread: New water restriction tariffs hit Cape Town: what you need to know

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theratman View Post
    I was under the impression that the last few % of water was unusable due to silt etc. Is that always the case? I thought it would've been a good opportunity to remove alot of this but I can understand if it's not needed.
    For small farm dams, yes.

As Gordon_R said;

Take the extreme example of Theewaterskloof Dam. The current capacity is 480 million m^3. To increase the capacity by 1%, would require loading and transporting 4.8 million m^3 of soil, over a distance of at least 10km.

That is about 1 million truckloads. Ain't never going to happen!
    I believe posters are recognised by their sig... so I made one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for clearing it up lads
    Best Sports Betting -> Your guide to South African Bookies

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is responsible for the payment of individual water meters that needs to be installed in a complex or block of flats?

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mowgs View Post
    Who is responsible for the payment of individual water meters that needs to be installed in a complex or block of flats?
    I would suggest it is the owners problem. Sectional title setups may be a special case. But my bet is the owner is going to dump the problem on those occupying the units.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff.D View Post
    I would suggest it is the owners problem. Sectional title setups may be a special case. But my bet is the owner is going to dump the problem on those occupying the units.
    So can a body corporate force the owners to pay R3800 for an individual meter from a company the BC chose?

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Mowgs View Post
    So can a body corporate force the owners to pay R3800 for an individual meter from a company the BC chose?
    The owners are the body corporate and it is a case of the majority rules. Thus they would have brought the matter up at a meeting, voted on it and gone with the majority decision.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxibox View Post
    The owners are the body corporate and it is a case of the majority rules. Thus they would have brought the matter up at a meeting, voted on it and gone with the majority decision.
    Ah thanks. Had a bit of a stupid moment there.

Grand Master of the Friendzone Chris_the_Brit's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how many of you get the "Dear Cape Town" emails (basically a lobby group)... but here is some interesting info:

Thank you for participating in our various campaigns over the past few months. We are indeed encouraged to see a massive increase in public participation since we began in December 2017. Click the green button below to see some statistics on our recent national project.

We sure can breathe a sigh of relief as our dams are now officially over 50% capacity and the national state of disaster has been lifted. While the DWS has gazetted that the levels must be at 85% before the restrictions are eased to increase pressures and allow us 87 litres per person per day, we have to ask questions around why high punitive Day Zero tariffs are still in place.

Do high tariffs change behaviour and is the City able to fund water projects from other sources of income?

We are in discussions with the City to have tariffs eased and will be launching new campaigns focused on other issues such as electricity increases. We will also be keeping an eye on several statements made by the City and will continue to seek collaborative solutions which are acceptable to us all.
    Communism never sleeps, never changes its objectives, nor must we. Our first duty to freedom is to defend our own. ~ Maggie Thatcher

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the CoCT this is the third month in a row I've used exactly the same amount of water.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    According to the CoCT this is the third month in a row I've used exactly the same amount of water.
    Consumption is only measured in whole units of kiloliters. Since the limit is 6-10kl/month, it is highly likely that many people are using 4 or 5kl/month, and will get the same amount for consecutive readings. Of course they could just be estimating, so it is best for you to check!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon_R View Post
    Consumption is only measured in whole units of kiloliters. Since the limit is 6-10kl/month, it is highly likely that many people are using 4 or 5kl/month, and will get the same amount for consecutive readings. Of course they could just be estimating, so it is best for you to check!
    My usage has been zero for more than 3 months now and the new meter they installed has been on 259 litres since its been installed just over 2 months ago. This month they put my usage as 1kl (actual reading).

I will check if it goes back to zero usage with the next reading.

Edit: Just checked the meter and it's on 259 litres used since installation.
    Last edited by signates; 16-07-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Super Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So they are estimating. Very bad idea to use no water. All you do is attract attention. Use a reasonable amount every month and set up a pattern. The system will then leave you alone.

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by signates View Post
    My usage has been zero for more than 3 months now and the new meter they installed has been on 259 litres since its been installed just over 2 months ago. This month they put my usage as 1kl (actual reading).

I will check if it goes back to zero usage with the next reading.

Edit: Just checked the meter and it's on 259 litres used since installation.
    Maybe round up

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff.D View Post
    So they are estimating. Very bad idea to use no water. All you do is attract attention. Use a reasonable amount every month and set up a pattern. The system will then leave you alone.
    Exactly this. Came here to post the same.

Using zero water just confuses these people and they start making stuff up to compensate.

I do not have to use municipal water at all, but I make sure that I use between 500l and 1Kl. R 26 per month is a small price to pay to keep the wolves from interfering.
    Advertorial Click-Bait Interferer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 354 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354