Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Islam as Primordiality

Quote Originally Posted by falcon786 View Post
    Nice explanation,very useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fury05 View Post
    I like the verse regarding what righteousness is 2:177. The Quran makes it so simple and straightforward but often due to our own shortcomings, it can become the most difficult things for us to live up to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suspect99 View Post
    Great summary. And very well researched. Thank you for all the effort you put in
    Thank you all for your encouragement.

Indeed, Fury, in Islam, righteousness is to stand up for others and for higher principles, and not just for oneself.

Quote Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post

Indeed, Fury, in Islam, righteousness is to stand up for others and for higher principles, and not just for oneself.
    Higher principles such as the length of a mans beard?

And another question - if we must submit to his guidance, why can he not show himself? Why is it always through a single person who claims to be a prophet, without any real evidence as to their credentials? Why only thousands of years ago, and to a tiny geographical speck, and not to all the other communities and ethnic groups across the world at that time?

Why the need to cause such conflict, mayhem and wars because of only appearing in such a small location?

And please don't give me the "we cannot understand his mysterious ways" speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    Well, ya, I don't think any human being has any knowledge of god.

Quote Originally Posted by battmann View Post
    Does your God give you free will to love him or not? Do you have assurance that you will go to heaven if you serve him?
    Yes, a core theme in my article speaks to the free will that we have. However, the choices we make are not without consequences. Furthermore, we are commanded to have firm hope in absolution by God. We are told to never despair of God's mercy. The two wings are fear and hope, but the head is love... Love.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    So I "only" have to submit? Sorry, not interested. I prefer doing things my way.
    You are free to accept or reject, dear Nuke. Submit to the Lord, your Creator, or assume that you do not have one - the choice is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Necropolis View Post
    I suspect it is a copy/paste job...
    Nope, not copy&paste. And when I quote any party, I certainly do credit them.

Quote Originally Posted by YingYang View Post
    As suspect99 is attesting to, It looks like the typical Wayfarer style of writing. Many of us have googled sections of his posts to verify its authenticity in the past.

Wayfarer, even though I'm an atheist its nice learning about religion and its beginnings.
    Thank you, dear YingYang! The future of our world depends on people understanding and respecting each other, regardless of faith, or no faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post

And another question - if we must submit to his guidance, why can he not show himself? Why is it always through a single person who claims to be a prophet, without any real evidence as to their credentials? Why only thousands of years ago, and to a tiny geographical speck, and not to all the other communities and ethnic groups across the world at that time?

Why the need to cause such conflict, mayhem and wars because of only appearing in such a small location?

Yes, a core theme in my article speaks to the free will that we have. However, the choices we make are not without consequences. Furthermore, we are commanded to have firm hope in absolution by God. We are told to never despair of God's mercy. The two wings are fear and hope, but the head is love... Love.

You are free to accept or reject, dear Nuke. Submit to the Lord, your Creator, or assume that you do not have one - the choice is yours.

Nope, not copy&paste. And when I quote any party, I certainly do credit them.
    Thank you, dear YingYang! The future of our world depends on people understanding and respecting each other, regardless of faith, or no faith.
    Dear wayfarer - ignoring me is not going to make the way easier for those who have doubts. You might try and hide behind the "no hate speech" declaration you made. That would be wrong. My questions are only that - questions.

Dear wayfarer - ignoring me is not going to make the way easier for those who have doubts. You might try and hide behind the "no hate speech" declaration you made. That would be wrong. My questions are only that - questions.
    Dear wayfarer - I am still waiting for an answer to my questions.

I don't think you will get an answer. This Primordiality, big word nonsense is just an advert. A freebie advert to frustrate people like you

don't feel bad, atleast your questions are not deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerisgood View Post
    Godammit if I meet you I'll eat your eyes out for dinner.

me too

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Necropolis View Post
    I suspect it is a copy/paste job...
    unlikely in the extreme

If God was omnipotent we wouldn't have free will. Omnipotence as a description comes from a state of the human ego.

We need God as much as God needs us humans. We are here to live the experience in the physical and us humans need God to experience as spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by battmann View Post
    I don't think you will get an answer. This Primordiality, big word nonsense is just an advert. A freebie advert to frustrate people like you
    I'm not frustrated at all. His refusal/inability to answer my questions says quite a bit to those reading.

Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    If God was omnipotent we wouldn't have free will. Omnipotence as a description comes from a state of the human ego.

We need God as much as God needs us humans. We are here to live the experience in the physical and us humans need God to experience as spirit.
    So god is not omnipotent then? Or we do not have free will? Which is it? Either answer will be quite interesting.

So god is not omnipotent then? Or we do not have free will? Which is it? Either answer will be quite interesting.
    Obviously the answer is we have free will so God is not omnipotent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast