Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 86

Thread: Islam as Primordiality

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    Obviously the answer is we have free will so God is not omnipotent.
    So god has flaws then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    Well, ya, I don't think any human being has any knowledge of god.

  2. #32
    Super Grandmaster Jings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    29,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
    So god has flaws then?
    Nope, if you don't do the experiencing how can you have flaws? Even humans having flaws is debatable because not everyone would be in agreement on what those flaws are.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    Nope, if you don't do the experiencing how can you have flaws? Even humans having flaws is debatable because not everyone would be in agreement on what those flaws are.
    Oh dear. Bit of a conundrum then. he ain't omnipotent; he ain't perfect - but he has no flaws?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    Well, ya, I don't think any human being has any knowledge of god.

  4. #34

    Default Islam as Primordiality

    Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    If God was omnipotent we wouldn't have free will. Omnipotence as a description comes from a state of the human ego.

    We need God as much as God needs us humans. We are here to live the experience in the physical and us humans need God to experience as spirit.
    Um no.
    You are way off.
    God made us for his good pleasure.
    If you had children would you force them to love you?

    That's free will. Forcing someone to love you is being a bully and a manipulator. And you will be hated for that.

    We all have free will to do good or bad, most of us still have a conscience to guide us.

    We choose the God we want to serve, based on his creation that testifies to His glory, his goodness, love, mercy and sacrifice for is.

    Anything less is second best.
    So you have to ask yourself who's your daddy? You do have the choice.
    Last edited by battmann; 19-11-2016 at 09:13 PM.

  5. #35
    Super Grandmaster Jings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    29,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
    Oh dear. Bit of a conundrum then. he ain't omnipotent; he ain't perfect - but he has no flaws?
    Yes, I would agree it's rather confusing. On perfection, I cannot argue because it's beyond my scope as spirits don't associate with the concept. But imo it's pretty much perfect considering time is an illusion.

  6. #36
    Super Grandmaster Jings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    29,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by battmann View Post
    Um no.
    You are way off.
    God made us for his good pleasure.
    If you had children would you force them to love you?

    That's free will. Forcing someone to love you is being a bully and a manipulator.

    The free will we have is the ability to choose the God you want to serve, based on his Holiness, goodness, love, mercy and sacrifice for is.
    Anything less is second best.
    But the choice is yours. Because if you seek you will find. And the choice you make will make you a child of that God.
    God is us in spirit. We are only separated by our human avatars. The choice we make is coming to earth to experience. There is no sacrifice.

  7. #37
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    CPT
    Posts
    12,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by battmann View Post
    If you had children would you force them to love you?
    If you had children would you punish them if they didn't love you?

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    If you had children would you punish them if they didn't love you?
    I have children, 3.
    Why would I punish them for not loving me?That would be psychotic and manipulative.

    My children love me because I'm kind, sincere, generous and loving. I care about them. Even strangers children love and are attracted to me.

    Would you punish your children for not loving you?

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    Yes, I would agree it's rather confusing. On perfection, I cannot argue because it's beyond my scope as spirits don't associate with the concept. But imo it's pretty much perfect considering time is an illusion.
    So, gods 'n spirits are beyond your scope, but yet you can make a statement as to the reality of time? Sigh. Why is it you cannot see the absurdity of what you say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    Well, ya, I don't think any human being has any knowledge of god.

  10. #40
    Super Grandmaster Jings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    29,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
    So, gods 'n spirits are beyond your scope, but yet you can make a statement as to the reality of time? Sigh. Why is it you cannot see the absurdity of what you say?
    The concept of perfection is beyond my scope, not spirits. Spirits are around always. What do you deem as perfection?

  11. #41

    Default

    Until we have proof of God's existence, religion is just a belief.

  12. #42
    Super Grandmaster Jings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    29,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun108 View Post
    Until we have proof of God's existence, religion is just a belief.
    Not only religious people that believe in God and not all religions have the same view of God's nature, or have many gods, and in some religions they don't believe believe any gods. In light of that, won't religions likely stay a belief?

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    The concept of perfection is beyond my scope, not spirits. Spirits are around always. What do you deem as perfection?
    Seriously - you really want to descend into this backwater of the definition? You made the statements about gods shortcomings and time. You back it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    Well, ya, I don't think any human being has any knowledge of god.

  14. #44
    Super Grandmaster Jings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    29,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
    Seriously - you really want to descend into this backwater of the definition? You made the statements about gods shortcomings and time. You back it up.
    Never said anything about shortcomings. People have different views on what is perfection.

    As to time, I do believe it's of no consequence. How else could it be known in advance that DJ... was going to propose to his fiance, or that a ferret was going to run amok, or that Hermans' wife was looking for a job, or that Gerrie would cheat a little on his diet, or that Wall would confess at a half arse attempt at reading my session writings et, al. The list just goes on. It's all courtesy of spirits. Only human experience is limited to the present. How much more proof do you want?
    Last edited by Jings; 20-11-2016 at 07:50 AM.

  15. #45
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    CPT
    Posts
    12,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by battmann View Post
    Why would I punish them for not loving me?That would be psychotic and manipulative.
    What's the point of hell then?
    If I choose not to love God won't I suffer (in hell) for making that choice?

    (Edit: Sorry, just realized this is a thread about Islam.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vedic Islam vs Arabic Islam explained by Tarek Fatah
    By Xarog in forum Philosophical Debates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 07:41 AM
  2. Truth about Islam
    By Lager in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16-11-2015, 07:35 PM
  3. Islam at war – with itself
    By Grant in forum Philosophical Debates
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 07:12 AM
  4. Woman and Islam
    By wayfarer in forum Philosophical Debates
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-05-2011, 11:28 PM
  5. The War against Islam
    By Aqua_lung in forum News and Current Affairs
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 11:36 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •