Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cell C Data Disappearing.

I just had the same experience whereby a massive chunk of CellC bulk data just disappeared over the weekend. Cell_C, please read and please help!

I have a Cell 200GB per month LTE data contract. I am very careful not to use too much data, and so far this month I have been exactly on par. However, for some reason, over this weekend, about 40GB of the any-time data in this package just vanished, and I am left with 12GB of anytime data for the rest of the month. I streamed 2 movies and a few episodes of series over the weekend. But that's it, and there is no way it used 40GB. My automatic updates on Windows 10 are disabled and the Mac on the network doesn't show extensive data usage, although it's difficult to check with the network monitor on mac since it just randomly decides to show certain fields and quantities depending on what mood it's in that day. (Really Apple, is it really that difficult to implement a basic data usage monitoring service like Windows 10 that shows you which apps use how much data?!)

I also have the B315 LTE router, and a very cryptic password that no-one could have found or hacked, so I doubt it's a leech on the network, we also live on a farm with few people close enough to actually have a connection. This has happened before, but I shrugged it off. But now... again. I can't let it go.

Any help will be appreciated.

Streaming using cell c on a b315 uses ~5gb an hour on high quality. Totally possible to use 40gb in a weekend on streaming alone.

Quote Originally Posted by JosuaB View Post
    I just had the same experience whereby a massive chunk of CellC bulk data just disappeared over the weekend. Cell_C, please read and please help!

I have a Cell 200GB per month LTE data contract. I am very careful not to use too much data, and so far this month I have been exactly on par. However, for some reason, over this weekend, about 40GB of the any-time data in this package just vanished, and I am left with 12GB of anytime data for the rest of the month. I streamed 2 movies and a few episodes of series over the weekend. But that's it, and there is no way it used 40GB. My automatic updates on Windows 10 are disabled and the Mac on the network doesn't show extensive data usage, although it's difficult to check with the network monitor on mac since it just randomly decides to show certain fields and quantities depending on what mood it's in that day. (Really Apple, is it really that difficult to implement a basic data usage monitoring service like Windows 10 that shows you which apps use how much data?!)

I also have the B315 LTE router, and a very cryptic password that no-one could have found or hacked, so I doubt it's a leech on the network, we also live on a farm with few people close enough to actually have a connection. This has happened before, but I shrugged it off. But now... again. I can't let it go.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Hi JosuaB

Thank you for posting to us.

Please PM us your Cell C number + contact number, we will check it out and advise.

^BM

Default CellC data dissatisfaction

I too had a sudden problem with a prepaid 1 gig going up within an 1- 1.5 hours. This had never happened before. I called call centre and we checked for background app refresh, all of which were off and not running, some restrictions were off. I then manually putt off everything, including stuff that I never had to put off before, loaded another gig,only opened WhatsApp to reply to texts, no pics, no videos. within the hour it was up, despite the recommendations by cell C. I called again, a case was logged and escalated, then I was put through to tech support, they said It looked like all is above board and couldn't help further. The escalation went up to back office, I then get a text saying that I will get feedback after a month. Why? When this is prepaid matter that doesn't wait for billing run? The matter is relevant to only those days that I had called. What happens in the meantime? Do I load only for my data to be up within the hour? KM

Wifi assist, cloud drive and cellular data use are also on lockdown........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12