Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 VW Golf R

Default 2017 VW Golf R

Details & (exterior) pics of the updated Golf 7.5 Rrrrrrr is out.

As usual wagon not for SA. SA & Oz models will get the full (updated) 228kw/400nm.

"When Volkswagen unveiled the facelifted Golf last month, no mention was made of the range-topping R derivative. But now the Wolfsburg automaker has released images (of the three-door model offered in Europe, at least) and some details of the updated version of the all-wheel-drive hot hatch.

The 2,0-litre turbopetrol mill powering the Golf R now makes 228 kW, up from 220 kW (or 206 kW, if you’re in South Africa, which is classed as a “hot climate” market). This means it shares its output with the limited edition Clubsport S. And the peak torque figure? Well, that rises from 380 N.m to a pleasingly round 400 N.m.

The result of this increase in oomph? Volkswagen claims the 0-100 km/h sprint time falls to 4,6 seconds (presumably with the DSG ‘box fitted).

Question is, will South African Golf R buyers get the full 228 kW experience? Or will our model be detuned, like the pre-facelifted version? We’ll have to wait to find out, although the fact that the latest Audi S3 was last month released with the full complement in SA will no doubt give fans hope."

http://www.carmag.co.za/news_post/me...swagen-golf-r/

http://www.caradvice.com.au/510289/2...-power/photos/

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/12/fac...310ps.html?m=1

2017 Volkswagen Golf R facelift boosted to 306bhp

Updated super-hatch is on sale in Germany now with an extra 10bhp; UK order books open in February

The 2017 Volkswagen Golf R produces 310bhp from its turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine, which is 10bhp more than the pre-facelift car and matches the peak output of the Honda Civic Type R.

That power hike makes this the most powerful variant of Volkswagen’s best-selling hatchback ever sold, and it’s joined by a jump in torque of 20lb ft, bringing the maximum figure to 295lb ft.

The added potency helps to trim the all-wheel drive R’s 0-62mph time down to 4.6sec, three-tenths faster than before, when the seven-speed DSG auto is fitted. No time has been released for the six-speed manual version at this stage, but expect a similar reduction to the old car’s 5.3sec time.

The Golf R estate also benefits from the same engine improvements, and its 0-62mph time improves by two-tenths to 4.9sec with the DSG auto.

Along with its uprated engine, the 2017 Golf R gets a very lightly tweaked exterior with new LED lighting and restyled bumpers. Inside, there’s a new optional Active Info Display with 12.3in high-definition monitor.

Additionally, the latest generation of Volkswagen’s on-line services, including an updated App Connect feature that allows it to integrate with the latest versions of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and MirrorLink, are included.

There are also new and updated driver assistant systems, such as Traffic Jam Assist, Emergency Assist, which detects the driver is incapacitated, Lane Assist plus ACC for active lane keeping, an updated City Emergency Braking system, Front Assist function that employees autonomous braking for collision avoidance, and Park Assist 3.0.

The 2017 Golf R is on sale in Germany now, but UK order books won’t open until February. Prices are expected to grow slightly on the outgoing car, which starts at £31,685.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...boosted-306bhp

Default 2017 VW Golf R

Pre f/lift

Super Grandmaster

I dunno man, I still wouldn't be able to tell it apart from the Golf7 shape if I just saw one driving past me in traffic.

That said, finally VW has a car with decent looking back lights. Those bubbly brake lights did nothing for me.

Where's the square shape exhaust ? So your paying extra for a dashboard ,wheels ,lights and 22kw (raised top speed 267kmh easily achievable with a few aftermarket mods ) .Im sorry but for that I would rather cough up the money for a RS3

Bit of an ugly car that...

MY2017 Golf R vs AMG A45

MY2017 Golf R vs Golf GTI PP - worth the extra 3000 GBP (~R50k)?

But how much will the rims cost?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast