You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter


Closed Thread
Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 1077

Thread: Afrihost New Network Feedback - Part 3

  1. #331

    Default

    Im going to do a little test, ping is now 30 on teamspeak, if i see it stay at 100ms later on would that identify an issue?
    Intel I5 2500K 1155 | 16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator | EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ | 7.5TB | Corsair Graphite 600T

  2. #332
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Durbanville, Cape Town
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Am I the only one feeling this crap again

    Code:
    Tracing route to youtube-ui.l.google.com [169.1.2.86]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:
    
      1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.1.0.254 
      2    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.100.0.1 
      3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      4    61 ms    56 ms    50 ms  cpt-rx2.ip.adsl.co.za [169.1.5.82] 
      5    94 ms   100 ms   101 ms  cpt-net1.ip.adsl.co.za [169.1.5.128] 
      6   102 ms   105 ms   105 ms  169-1-21-9.ip.afrihost.co.za [169.1.21.9] 
      7    19 ms    19 ms    18 ms  169-1-2-86.ip.afrihost.co.za [169.1.2.86] 
    
    Trace complete.
    Code:
    Tracing route to www.news24.com [41.86.110.200]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:
    
      1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.1.0.254 
      2    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.100.0.1 
      3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      4   115 ms   110 ms   104 ms  cpt-rx2.ip.adsl.co.za [169.1.5.82] 
      5    97 ms    99 ms    95 ms  cpt-net1.ip.adsl.co.za [169.1.5.128] 
      6   103 ms    80 ms    79 ms  optinet.ixp.capetown [196.10.140.15] 
      7   112 ms   108 ms   100 ms  te0-0-0-1.cpt-p-1.optinet.net [197.84.7.1] 
      8    90 ms    98 ms    94 ms  vl11.cpt-hscore-1.optinet.net [197.84.5.238] 
      9    21 ms    19 ms    19 ms  196.28.178.66 
     10    94 ms    95 ms    99 ms  gig5-1-cpt-opt-65-1.optinet.net [196.41.133.234] 
     11    22 ms    20 ms    19 ms  OPTI-CPT-N1-Hosting.optinet.net [197.84.196.6] 
     12    79 ms    74 ms    86 ms  197-84-208-146.cpt.mweb.co.za [197.84.208.146] 
     13    19 ms    19 ms    23 ms  41-86-110-200.mweb.co.za [41.86.110.200] 
    
    Trace complete.

  3. #333
    Paramedic medicnick83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CBD, Cape Town
    Posts
    20,057
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Nope... I am too - all #$#@$@@#$ day!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by standerr View Post
    Am I the only one feeling this crap again

    Code:
    Tracing route to youtube-ui.l.google.com [169.1.2.86]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:
    
      1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.1.0.254 
      2    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.100.0.1 
      3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      4    61 ms    56 ms    50 ms  cpt-rx2.ip.adsl.co.za [169.1.5.82] 
      5    94 ms   100 ms   101 ms  cpt-net1.ip.adsl.co.za [169.1.5.128] 
      6   102 ms   105 ms   105 ms  169-1-21-9.ip.afrihost.co.za [169.1.21.9] 
      7    19 ms    19 ms    18 ms  169-1-2-86.ip.afrihost.co.za [169.1.2.86] 
    
    Trace complete.
    Code:
    Tracing route to www.news24.com [41.86.110.200]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:
    
      1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.1.0.254 
      2    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.100.0.1 
      3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      4   115 ms   110 ms   104 ms  cpt-rx2.ip.adsl.co.za [169.1.5.82] 
      5    97 ms    99 ms    95 ms  cpt-net1.ip.adsl.co.za [169.1.5.128] 
      6   103 ms    80 ms    79 ms  optinet.ixp.capetown [196.10.140.15] 
      7   112 ms   108 ms   100 ms  te0-0-0-1.cpt-p-1.optinet.net [197.84.7.1] 
      8    90 ms    98 ms    94 ms  vl11.cpt-hscore-1.optinet.net [197.84.5.238] 
      9    21 ms    19 ms    19 ms  196.28.178.66 
     10    94 ms    95 ms    99 ms  gig5-1-cpt-opt-65-1.optinet.net [196.41.133.234] 
     11    22 ms    20 ms    19 ms  OPTI-CPT-N1-Hosting.optinet.net [197.84.196.6] 
     12    79 ms    74 ms    86 ms  197-84-208-146.cpt.mweb.co.za [197.84.208.146] 
     13    19 ms    19 ms    23 ms  41-86-110-200.mweb.co.za [41.86.110.200] 
    
    Trace complete.

  4. #334
    Paramedic medicnick83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CBD, Cape Town
    Posts
    20,057
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    I'm not even going to log a new ticket because then one of their ROCKET SCIENTIST support guys will ask me something stupid like this again:

    Thato here

    Which games in particular are you having issues with?
    Please run traceroutes to those servers.
    Yep, let me quickly just ask "Ubisoft" for all their server addresses

    It's not the game, it's Afrihost because as soon as I changed my account to WebAfrica then the bloody game worked fine and when I changed it back, I had issues.
    Last couple of weeks has been the pits with Afrihost and I'm finding it frustrating that can't accept fault - they blame others before they realize it's actually their service!

  5. #335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medicnick83 View Post
    I'm not even going to log a new ticket because then one of their ROCKET SCIENTIST support guys will ask me something stupid like this again:



    Yep, let me quickly just ask "Ubisoft" for all their server addresses

    It's not the game, it's Afrihost because as soon as I changed my account to WebAfrica then the bloody game worked fine and when I changed it back, I had issues.
    Last couple of weeks has been the pits with Afrihost and I'm finding it frustrating that can't accept fault - they blame others before they realize it's actually their service!
    I can understand that he requests which game you have issues with, in order to do the investigation himself... But why the hell is it the client's job to supply evidence or run tests? If its not congestion at your exchange, then SURELY there has to either be a routing or configuration issue. Why is the client involved at all, other than logging a fault?

  6. #336
    Paramedic medicnick83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CBD, Cape Town
    Posts
    20,057
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sopbeen View Post
    I can understand that he requests which game you have issues with, in order to do the investigation himself... But why the hell is it the client's job to supply evidence or run tests? If its not congestion at your exchange, then SURELY there has to either be a routing or configuration issue. Why is the client involved at all, other than logging a fault?
    It's Afrihost bru... They are frustrating the hell outta me (and others) lately.

  7. #337
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Somerset West
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Having issues with Twitch even at 2AM

    Yes it's all streams, yes I've brought it up more than once in the span of a week, no I haven't heard from you.

    Name:  0e25d816c2.png
Views: 131
Size:  7.7 KB

    Name:  a110415681.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  22.5 KB

  8. #338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickster View Post
    Im going to do a little test, ping is now 30 on teamspeak, if i see it stay at 100ms later on would that identify an issue?
    How was the latency to TS last night?
    "Great Scott!"

  9. #339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by standerr View Post
    Am I the only one feeling this crap again

    Code:
    Tracing route to youtube-ui.l.google.com [169.1.2.86]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:
    
      1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.1.0.254 
      2    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.100.0.1 
      3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      4    61 ms    56 ms    50 ms  cpt-rx2.ip.adsl.co.za [169.1.5.82] 
      5    94 ms   100 ms   101 ms  cpt-net1.ip.adsl.co.za [169.1.5.128] 
      6   102 ms   105 ms   105 ms  169-1-21-9.ip.afrihost.co.za [169.1.21.9] 
      7    19 ms    19 ms    18 ms  169-1-2-86.ip.afrihost.co.za [169.1.2.86] 
    
    Trace complete.
    Code:
    Tracing route to www.news24.com [41.86.110.200]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:
    
      1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.1.0.254 
      2    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.100.0.1 
      3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      4   115 ms   110 ms   104 ms  cpt-rx2.ip.adsl.co.za [169.1.5.82] 
      5    97 ms    99 ms    95 ms  cpt-net1.ip.adsl.co.za [169.1.5.128] 
      6   103 ms    80 ms    79 ms  optinet.ixp.capetown [196.10.140.15] 
      7   112 ms   108 ms   100 ms  te0-0-0-1.cpt-p-1.optinet.net [197.84.7.1] 
      8    90 ms    98 ms    94 ms  vl11.cpt-hscore-1.optinet.net [197.84.5.238] 
      9    21 ms    19 ms    19 ms  196.28.178.66 
     10    94 ms    95 ms    99 ms  gig5-1-cpt-opt-65-1.optinet.net [196.41.133.234] 
     11    22 ms    20 ms    19 ms  OPTI-CPT-N1-Hosting.optinet.net [197.84.196.6] 
     12    79 ms    74 ms    86 ms  197-84-208-146.cpt.mweb.co.za [197.84.208.146] 
     13    19 ms    19 ms    23 ms  41-86-110-200.mweb.co.za [41.86.110.200] 
    
    Trace complete.
    That doesn't look right at all... How are your speeds looking at the moment? Are you using our DNS at the moment?
    "Great Scott!"

  10. #340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by medicnick83 View Post
    Nope... I am too - all #$#@$@@#$ day!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by medicnick83 View Post
    I'm not even going to log a new ticket because then one of their ROCKET SCIENTIST support guys will ask me something stupid like this again:



    Yep, let me quickly just ask "Ubisoft" for all their server addresses

    It's not the game, it's Afrihost because as soon as I changed my account to WebAfrica then the bloody game worked fine and when I changed it back, I had issues.
    Last couple of weeks has been the pits with Afrihost and I'm finding it frustrating that can't accept fault - they blame others before they realize it's actually their service!
    Quote Originally Posted by medicnick83 View Post
    It's Afrihost bru... They are frustrating the hell outta me (and others) lately.
    I understand that you are frustrated, but I'm going to ask that you please remain respectful towards our Support Agents, they are trying to assist you in getting your issue resolved, and calling them names is definitely not on.

    I'm not aware of any specific games that we are having issues with, so we'll definitely need to look into this. Which games are problematic for you?

    Is there a specific time that the games are playable and then not playable?
    "Great Scott!"

  11. #341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AfriGenie View Post
    I understand that you are frustrated, but I'm going to ask that you please remain respectful towards our Support Agents, they are trying to assist you in getting your issue resolved, and calling them names is definitely not on.
    You please need to train them better technically to not do the standard copy paste questions, then this kind of thing won't happen.

    Further, my ticket CZN-480-86086 with regards to unacceptable Amazon Prime streaming experience on my 8mb line has not been responded to since my last reply Fri, 23 Dec 2016 10:17:57, is this normal?

  12. #342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicki View Post
    You please need to train them better technically to not do the standard copy paste questions, then this kind of thing won't happen.

    Further, my ticket CZN-480-86086 with regards to unacceptable Amazon Prime streaming experience on my 8mb line has not been responded to since my last reply Fri, 23 Dec 2016 10:17:57, is this normal?
    Asking us to look into a reply that you are not happy with is entirely different from being disrespectful towards our Team. We are here to assist our Clients, but we need to remain respectful and polite towards each other. I can understand being frustrated or not happy with a reply but at no point should be disrepect each other.

    It's not cool having to wait that long for a reply, I've asked our Team to look into this now and you should have a reply soon.

    There shouldn't be any issues with Amazon Prime Video from what I know, but I'm not sure if there are local CDNs yet.

    Which DNS servers are you using?
    "Great Scott!"

  13. #343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AfriGenie View Post
    Asking us to look into a reply that you are not happy with is entirely different from being disrespectful towards our Team. We are here to assist our Clients, but we need to remain respectful and polite towards each other. I can understand being frustrated or not happy with a reply but at no point should be disrepect each other.
    Understood and agreed. I guess some people here are more technical than some of the 1st line support staff, which creates a potential for frustration.

    Quote Originally Posted by AfriGenie View Post
    It's not cool having to wait that long for a reply, I've asked our Team to look into this now and you should have a reply soon.

    There shouldn't be any issues with Amazon Prime Video from what I know, but I'm not sure if there are local CDNs yet.

    Which DNS servers are you using?
    I'm using OpenDNS, and have no issues if I switch to Netflix or Youtube streaming, so it's something to do with Amazon. I've also logged a support ticket with Amazon, they are saying from their side my bandwidth is 1-2MB, so something is not right. I would understand if they don't have a local CDN, but surely a 8MB line and capped account should not be that disappointing? Also, if I run a speedtest while streaming Amazon it still gets about 5-6mb, so there is lots of capacity on the line left, it cannot be an exchange issue, the fact that Youtube and Netflix works backs that up. Does Netflix have a SA CDN?

  14. #344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicki View Post
    Understood and agreed. I guess some people here are more technical than some of the 1st line support staff, which creates a potential for frustration.



    I'm using OpenDNS, and have no issues if I switch to Netflix or Youtube streaming, so it's something to do with Amazon. I've also logged a support ticket with Amazon, they are saying from their side my bandwidth is 1-2MB, so something is not right. I would understand if they don't have a local CDN, but surely a 8MB line and capped account should not be that disappointing? Also, if I run a speedtest while streaming Amazon it still gets about 5-6mb, so there is lots of capacity on the line left, it cannot be an exchange issue, the fact that Youtube and Netflix works backs that up. Does Netflix have a SA CDN?
    I'm pretty sure Netflix content is being served locally, I'll get an Amazon Trial account and do a bit of testing on my side as well.
    "Great Scott!"

  15. #345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AfriGenie View Post
    I'll get an Amazon Trial account and do a bit of testing on my side as well.
    Much appreciated, thanks!

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Afrihost New Network Feedback - Part 2
    By AfriGenie in forum ADSL and VDSL ISP Discussions
    Replies: 9656
    Last Post: 03-01-2017, 09:10 AM
  2. Afrihost New Network Feedback
    By AfriMan in forum ADSL and VDSL ISP Discussions
    Replies: 10248
    Last Post: 24-05-2016, 07:03 PM
  3. Afrihost Business Uncapped Feedback - Part 3
    By MickeyD in forum ADSL and VDSL ISP Discussions
    Replies: 985
    Last Post: 19-11-2015, 11:21 AM
  4. Afrihost POC Network - Afrigreen Feedback
    By AfriGuy in forum ADSL and VDSL ISP Discussions
    Replies: 6615
    Last Post: 21-10-2015, 09:30 AM
  5. MWEB Uncapped ADSL Feedback - Part 2
    By rpm in forum ADSL and VDSL ISP Discussions
    Replies: 10000
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 06:30 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •