Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experience with Vumatel installation

Their call center is ATROCIOUS. Try find the area manager, you'll have tonnes more luck.

So I got my ISP (vox) involved and now neither I nor the lady who is managing my account has any idea on what's happening. She's tried contacting area managers etc but has got nowhere

Use Twitter. You'll get put in touch with the right person quickly.

It's much easier when you have the cell number of your area's planner. A WhatsApp message every two days and you'll be online in no time

Some real bad experiences here. I was given the email address of a lady from Vumatel and she was very efficient. I email her yeaterday she replied within 3 minutes, site inspection set up for Monday.

Blog Entries

Flipp So it's not only me!! I'm going through internet withdrawal here and can't get a hold of anyone at Vumatel!!
    -|WebAfrica|-
    -|i7 3770k 4.6GHz|Custom WC loop|z77 V Gene|8GB|MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GT OC 6GB|Intel 530 240GB|4.5TB|QNIX @ 120Hz|-

Quote Originally Posted by nakedpeanut View Post
    Flipp So it's not only me!! I'm going through internet withdrawal here and can't get a hold of anyone at Vumatel!!
    PM'ed you the contact I am using

Yes. I know Telkom was bad, but not THIS bad. This is shocking.

They installed my CPE box, but then the technicians said they have to configure something on their end. They told me it'll take 2 hours.

2 days later and still nothing. Calling the support line doesn't do anything. Cause all they do is create tickets and then nobody responds anyway.

5th time canceled today, only found out after they didn't pitch, had to call head office to confirm for sure. I'm probably going to take a drive there next week and speak to the area manager. I was supposed to be connected in September 2016!

Their sales team is pretty bad. I had to order 3 times before they came to install, then they installed only 1 line instead of the 2 that I requested. 2 weeks later they phoned again asking if I was still interested, signed up again for the second line but I'm still waiting for them to arrive 6 months later

I'm struggled for months with them, pathetic feedback almost always

It appears they can't do basic math either, completely missing out units along the ring in the complex
    After walking around the complex with a site team from the pink bakkies yesterday and visiting the head office after discovering this problem I am still no closer to a solution

The one guy at the office even said "its not our problem, its the installers" - who Vumatel sub-contracted and should hold accountable to do the job properly

Name:  IMG_20170124_162504.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  21.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20170124_161928.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  22.6 KB

Thank goodness for their service providers, they at-least manage to co-ordinate some form of action plan. Here's hoping the 6th installation scheduled goes according to plan

Blog Entries

I finally got my line installed last week Thursday, but low and behold the installers must have damaged the line! When the 2nd technician pitched up to activate the line a few hours later he said the signal was too weak and even tried with a stronger chip.

I got a 2nd appointment for today to fix it, but no one pitched!! I feel like going out and just buying my own cable and running it myself.

Last edited by nakedpeanut; 31-01-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    -|WebAfrica|-
    -|i7 3770k 4.6GHz|Custom WC loop|z77 V Gene|8GB|MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GT OC 6GB|Intel 530 240GB|4.5TB|QNIX @ 120Hz|-

I finally got my line installed last week Thursday, but low and behold the installers must have damaged the line! When the 2nd technician pitched up to activate the line a few hours later he said the signal was too weak and even tried with a stronger chip.

I got a 2nd appointment for today to fix it, but no one pitched!! I feel like going out and just buying my own cable and running it myself.

It's not impossible, from my experiences I've found there are 4 ports per Grey Box, and I think they're SC or SX connectors, whichever is the smaller of the two, just get a cable with one on each end and bobs your uncle

I'm finally connected up, as of about an hour ago. This was mainly due to the service provider who was conducting installations in my complex, they managed to put some pressure on Vumatel to finish their job connecting the complex fibre ring to the main Vumatel network

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12