Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354

Thread: Gearbest.com - Any good?

Grandmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now the question...How do you negotiate a better price with Gearbest?

GearBest.com Rep
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Now the question...How do you negotiate a better price with Gearbest?
    Bulk buy is the only way that I know you can negotiate the price. For small quantities, we all wait for coupons to save a little.

I have been purchasing a whole bunch of small cheap items. Noticed that they have a lot of small items for under $5 which are actually really good and awesome. USB Wifi, Computer Fan Dust Mesh, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordered some stuff from GB. Paid with paypall. Status shows Netherlands registered shipping. Wtf is up with GB. I think this must be my last order. Don't know whatsup with them these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GearBestZA View Post
    Splitting for me has been awesome. It brings down the amount of items in that package and thus better when using Aramex as splitting makes it under the R500 value so no clearance fee. But splitting with Airmail is just bad. Both packages will come at completely different times and different payments. Same thing with DHL. R150 for any value item clearance is rough on my pocket.
    you've got PM
    And those who committed evil deeds & then repented afterwards & believed, verily, your Lord after (all) that is indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Qur'aan)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best shipping option to South Africa

I have placed a few orders with Banggood recently (3 in the last 6 months), using the EMS shipping option. The first 2 orders arrived in exactly 21 days. The last order seems to have shipped back to Korea, after almost 2 months (no reason given to why). After this is confirmed to be the case, they will refund me.
    I am now considering GearBest, so now my questions are:
    - Would/could this also happen with Gearbest?
    - What is the difference between the 5 USD priority line (3-7 days) shipping, and the 50+ USD DHL (3-8 days) shipping?

What are the pros and cons if each, @GearBestZA?

Master
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SwCharlie View Post
    I have placed a few orders with Banggood recently (3 in the last 6 months), using the EMS shipping option. The first 2 orders arrived in exactly 21 days. The last order seems to have shipped back to Korea, after almost 2 months (no reason given to why). After this is confirmed to be the case, they will refund me.
    - What is the difference between the 5 USD priority line (3-7 days) shipping, and the 50+ USD DHL (3-8 days) shipping?

There's no difference. Priority uses aramex and is just like DHL, except DHL is way more expensive.

I found out this later on, and I used priority, items came within a week.

Just choose their insurance option that way you have a good chance at getting refunded fully if you have an issue.

Last time i didn't choose the insurance option I only got refunded like $11 from my $45 total. (although I ordered various items so wasn't a huge loss)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RVR View Post
    There's no difference. Priority uses aramex and is just like DHL, except DHL is way more expensive.

I found out this later on, and I used priority, items came within a week.

Just choose their insurance option that way you have a good chance at getting refunded fully if you have an issue.

Last time i didn't choose the insurance option I only got refunded like $11 from my $45 total. (although I ordered various items so wasn't a huge loss)
    Thanks. Have you ordered a phone via the Aramax option before, or just other type of products? Not sure if it would make a difference, but all 3 my orders were Xiaomi Note 4 phones. So I am a bit concerned that with the last phone they decided that they don't have the correct documentation or something. I also want to know how they deal with phones being shipped via Aramax vs DHL.

Master
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. Have you ordered a phone via the Aramax option before, or just other type of products? Not sure if it would make a difference, but all 3 my orders were Xiaomi Note 4 phones. So I am a bit concerned that with the last phone they decided that they don't have the correct documentation or something. I also want to know how they deal with phones being shipped via Aramax vs DHL.
    I ordered a phone the first time I used gearbest but I used DHL because I had no idea about priority shipping.

Although I doubt there's much difference

Super Grandmaster
    Arcadia by day / Blue Bend at night, East London
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priority Line + Insurance + Paypal. Both separately ordered Xiaomi Mi A1's arrived in under 3 weeks and the Aramex tracking App updated all along the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback @RVR and @FlashSA. With EMS I experienced that you typically get an update that it has shipped after a day or two, then hear nothing back for 2 weeks, until it hits customs where it takes another week to arrive at the post office (i.e also 3 weeks).

With the last package, however, I only got a local update after a month, then for another month no update - only to find out today that it is back in Singapore.

I guess it is easier to get hold of Aramax if something goes wrong, as opposed to EMS, where no one answers phones/emails. Or even update me before sending the package back to origin :| EMS was also like R400 vs R50-60 for the Aramax option. So definitely seems like I should consider it

Master
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feedback @RVR and @FlashSA. With EMS I experienced that you typically get an update that it has shipped after a day or two, then hear nothing back for 2 weeks, until it hits customs where it takes another week to arrive at the post office (i.e also 3 weeks).

With the last package, however, I only got a local update after a month, then for another month no update - only to find out today that it is back in Singapore.

I guess it is easier to get hold of Aramax if something goes wrong, as opposed to EMS, where no one answers phones/emails. Or even update me before sending the package back to origin :| EMS was also like R400 vs R50-60 for the Aramax option. So definitely seems like I should consider it
    Don't use EMS, just try for aramex. So yeah that's a good option anyways.

No problem!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354