Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
Results 511 to 521 of 521

Thread: Gearbest.com - Any good?

  1. #511
    Super Grandmaster ponder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Niflheimr
    Posts
    66,588

    Default

    Apparently my phone will be at local dhl office by 11am and I can go pick it up if I want or wait for the the van to do it's rounds which might only be tomorrow. I'll go pick it up as it's only 5km away.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

  2. #512
    Super Grandmaster ponder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Niflheimr
    Posts
    66,588

    Default

    Yay! Got my phone from Tineydeal. They sent me a charger for US plugs when I specified EU, sigh.

    Name:  td_dhl.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  225.2 KB
    Last edited by ponder; 22-01-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

  3. #513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Thing is ... when the order total is sub-$30 it's hard (for me, at least) to justify a $20 shipping bill
    And my stuff from China has always reached me ... just sometimes it takes 75 days! The one time it didn't reach me, BangGood refunded me but that was like $5 order where i went with free shipping

    I did once (mid-2017) try to buy a drone from GearBest and use Priority. But they said they couldn't deliver to my address, which I found strange cos they had sent me the small package with no problems. At least now I know why (the whole postal code issue). I'll make sure to remember that the next time and use 2001/2000 cos I do wanna buy some RC toys for my kids... definitely gonna use Priority for that one cos then the cost of shipping won't be such a big % of the order total.
    Don't forget you also will get charged a small fee from the the post office so items that are free shipping won't really be free 😂 but best to just use priority or DHL if it's not too bad.

  4. #514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ponder View Post
    Yay! Got my phone from Tineydeal. They sent me a charger for US plugs when I specified EU, sigh.

    Name:  td_dhl.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  225.2 KB
    That's awesome!!! Guess tinydeal came through for you.

    Will definitely use them if Gearbest doesn't have something I want.

  5. #515

    Default

    Well it's going bad for me.

    The gearbest Facebook team messaged me and told me that out of the 4 items, 3 items are out of stock.

    Also shipping was more because of the three added items, otherwise it would be less and not R210

    Edit : I have messaged them asking for a full refund. Will see
    Last edited by RVR; 22-01-2018 at 11:47 PM.

  6. #516
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arcadia by day / Blue Bend at night, East London
    Posts
    6,611

    Default

    HISTORY - ORDERED 19/01 with PRIORITY LINE and phone was packed and given an Aramex Waybill number the same day

    23/01 UPDATE - Phone now at Aramex Hong Kong Depot awaiting a flight to Dubai. So it seems that an in stock item will usually be packed and given an Aramex waybill number without much delay. Then, it sits at Gearbest warehouse for a few days until it is fetched and scanned in at Aramex Hong Kong depot where it waits for a flight to Dubai (based on other users shared tracking history).

    I now await the next update...

  7. #517
    GearBest.com Rep
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSA View Post
    HISTORY - ORDERED 19/01 with PRIORITY LINE and phone was packed and given an Aramex Waybill number the same day

    23/01 UPDATE - Phone now at Aramex Hong Kong Depot awaiting a flight to Dubai. So it seems that an in stock item will usually be packed and given an Aramex waybill number without much delay. Then, it sits at Gearbest warehouse for a few days until it is fetched and scanned in at Aramex Hong Kong depot where it waits for a flight to Dubai (based on other users shared tracking history).

    I now await the next update...
    Order happens as follows:

    1) Order placed.
    2) Order packed at warehouse.
    3) Order shipped to Shipping company.
    4) Shipping company gets Aramex waybill number and requests for them to fetch.
    5) Fetched from shipping company.
    6) Moves from Hong Kong -> Dubai -> Johannesburg.

    The only step you were missing is that GearBest do not ship directly with Aramex but rather uses a shipping company. The shipping company gives a better rate based on their quantity and agreement with Aramex and other shipping companies.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/zagadgetreviews
    GearBest is always having sales so before you order, PM me to check for coupons!!!

  8. #518
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arcadia by day / Blue Bend at night, East London
    Posts
    6,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GearBestZA View Post
    Order happens as follows:

    1) Order placed.
    2) Order packed at warehouse.
    3) Order shipped to Shipping company.
    4) Shipping company gets Aramex waybill number and requests for them to fetch.
    5) Fetched from shipping company.
    6) Moves from Hong Kong -> Dubai -> Johannesburg.

    The only step you were missing is that GearBest do not ship directly with Aramex but rather uses a shipping company. The shipping company gives a better rate based on their quantity and agreement with Aramex and other shipping companies.
    Cool info, thanks! I find the tracking and following of the package very interesting

  9. #519
    Super Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    6,526
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Am awaiting a Gearbest shipment sent on 11th December. Tracking enquiry states "not updated". Have submitted a ticket and received an auto-response, but nothing more (this on 31st December)

    Shipping chosen was "Aramex expedited shipping 9 days"
    Things won are done; joy's soul lies in the doing

  10. #520

    Default

    I've given up on using them really. Maybe only when I buy a phone and then use DHL. Did it last time and no issues and was really quick.

    However for small items, and using priority can be a pain.

  11. #521

    Default

    Hi Anyone had success with Pietermaritzburg address from gearbest using Priority Line?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Similar Threads

  1. Buh-Rein Estate - A good investment? A good area to live in?
    By ArsenalPoker in forum Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 23-06-2016, 10:42 AM
  2. Can someone recommend a good medical aid, with good coverage?
    By Hansolo in forum Health, Wealth, Leisure and Relationships
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-07-2014, 09:54 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 12:47 PM
  4. Good morning good evening and good night
    By Safferbeauty in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 03:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •