Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rapidnet

Default Rapidnet

Hey guys

My Neotel broadband service is about to expire and I can't express how happy I am to leave them! Their connection drops most of the time and when their is a problem, call centers take forever to respond and help! I am on the Westrand and am looking at Rapid Net (rapidnet.co.za)

They have a lot of packages pertaining to home users and they are not costly! I was paying R699 for a 2mbps line from Neotel and here I can pay the same price for a 10mbps line that has the same upload and download speeds.

Has anybody used them or know of someone who has a connection with them because their prices are certainly cheap and definitely worth trying. Would just like to see how they do on customer service as well as service quality.

Please let me know

Grandmaster

Hi, did you ever get them and how did it go?

Grandmaster

Anyone else using Rapidnet? Just spoke to them now. I've been looking at Skyfi as well. But Skyfi wants R3990 before they even come out for a LOS. Rapidnet comes out and has a R0 installation fee as long as it fits in to a 'standard installation'. If anything additional is required they will notify you first. Pricing is also very good R499 for a 5Mbps up and down and R599 for a 10Mbps up and down link. And they include a free wifi router.

I used them (granted, only for 3 months before I ended up moving) and the were by far the best provider in my area. Out of 4 companies, they were the only ones who actually helped. One company "forgot" to let me know my LOS wasn't good enough.

Grandmaster

Do you know if they have had a FUP? I see they say they will never shape or throttle. Also ,what did you use them for? were you on a 12 month package and what speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Salt View Post
    Do you know if they have had a FUP? I see they say they will never shape or throttle. Also ,what did you use them for? were you on a 12 month package and what speed?
    They claimed no FUP, but I never hit a high enough amount to put it to the test. Think I got to 50Gb a month most of the time.
    I was with them for 3 or 4 months, signed up for the month-to-month on the 6Mb line. Speed was good, and turn-around time for maintenance after a storm was pretty good (a few hours).

Grandmaster

Hey not yet...they are coming to do the LOS tomorrow. I'll let you know guys know. Thanks for the feedback Sysem

Let us know how it goes. I'm also looking into getting RapidNet. Just don't know anybody who's with them yet.

Grandmaster

Hmmm...starting to feel like a guinea pig

Hi' Had LOS done Sunday 19th, yip they came on a Sunday....awaiting installation hopefully by the weekend. Will update. Professional service thus far...

Grandmaster

Ok lekker - let us know how it goes! Which area are you?

Alberton.. Not too Good News, So the Max Speed i can get is 1mbps... due to the distance of my house to the nearest tower.. So now back to the process of elimination.

Grandmaster

Ah man!!! That sucks! They were by me today for the LOS - apparently I'll hear tomorrow - I am hoping for 10Mbps. I have no idea however where their high site is by us.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt View Post
    Ah man!!! That sucks! They were by me today for the LOS - apparently I'll hear tomorrow - I am hoping for 10Mbps. I have no idea however where their high site is by us.
    Goodluck.. and please update. ( Near the silver ball tower koppies Side ) im in a 5km Radius aaaarrrggh. dunno could be the equipment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast