Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Afrihost Support Trial Forum

Exclamation Afrihost Support Trial Forum

Hi there

We have launched the Afrihost Support Trial Forum, where the Afrihost reps can solve problems of users, close threads, and the like.

We want to test if a dedicated ISP support forum has value, and would make it easier for members to get issues resolved.

Rather than use a single thread, each support issue can now have a separate thread (similar to a support ticket).

We will run it for a month, and then ask users to vote on whether it has value or not.

Please Note: The Afrihost Reps have mod rights in this forum, and may delete posts which are not constructive. You are welcome to continue to post these views in the general ISP forum, like previously.

Quote Originally Posted by rpm View Post
    Please Note: The Afrihost Reps have mod rights in this forum, and may delete posts which are not constructive. You are welcome to continue to post these views in the general ISP forum, like previously.
    This is the real reason this forum was created, wasn't it? So the AfriHost reps can just quietly sweep any posts they don't want to deal with under the rug.

A big +1 for consumers. /s

I like the idea, plenty positives and some minor negatives

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopy View Post
    This is the real reason this forum was created, wasn't it? So the AfriHost reps can just quietly sweep any posts they don't want to deal with under the rug.

A big +1 for consumers. /s
    That's definitely not the intention of this Sub-Forum.

We're here to help, that will always be our priority.
    "Great Scott!"

Quote Originally Posted by Purply View Post
    I like the idea, plenty positives and some minor negatives
    It's definitely something we are interested in trying out, and I sincerely hope that it works out well!
    "Great Scott!"

more sucking up to a single ISP that already gets tons of free publicity while haemorrhaging forum members (not sure about subscribers and dont actually care TBH)

while I dont mind the idea of a dedicated sub forum like this, and I would like to see it succeed. I am worried about the amount of attention myBB is giving AH, it is feeling very bias...
    Quote Originally Posted by Car_B_OM View Post
    Also, why would I get tired of him? He's fantastic in bed, does dishes and cooks. He's f***ing perfect.

A thread per user or per issue?
    Opening 20 threads due to the same issue, e.g. the high latency last night, would be the equivalent of there being 20 threads discussing the same news article.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBadger View Post
    Welcome to life. It's your life. Do what you want.
    http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6723240596

Quote Originally Posted by Baxteen View Post
    more sucking up to a single ISP that already gets tons of free publicity while haemorrhaging forum members (not sure about subscribers and dont actually care TBH)

while I dont mind the idea of a dedicated sub forum like this, and I would like to see it succeed. I am worried about the amount of attention myBB is giving AH, it is feeling very bias...
    We've always worked very closely with MyBB in a number of aspects, but these opportunities are available to any other ISP. I think we may have a slightly more active Thread than the other ISPs though, so I guess it made sense in that light.
    "Great Scott!"

my only concern is that the "today's posts" section turns into 30 posts about people being throttled on AH.
    Also, why would I get tired of him? He's fantastic in bed, does dishes and cooks. He's f***ing perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by AfriGenie View Post
    We've always worked very closely with MyBB in a number of aspects, but these opportunities are available to any other ISP. I think we may have a slightly more active Thread than the other ISPs though, so I guess it made sense in that light.
    And I've always said the reason AH is always so busy on this forum and has so many reps is because the quality of their service and network is so bad.

solid logic.

if the service was good, one rep could handle the queries...

Well ... so far ..... I am quite impressed on how they have handled my issue.

The mybb is rep is in constant communication with me and certainly has had AH technical keep me informed.
    If you dont like my comment .... dont read it. Thank you for your understanding, Rgds - Textile Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    And I've always said the reason AH is always so busy on this forum and has so many reps is because the quality of their service and network is so bad.
    Agreed.

There will be a million posts next time AH decide to do something unprecedented in the industry (but a rinse-and-repeat for Afrihost) like throttle uncapped accounts to 6% of line speed, and start shaping capped accounts.

Can't we rather just start an afrihost support bulletin board which doesn't touch myBB at all?

Quote Originally Posted by TEXTILE GUY View Post
    Well ... so far ..... I am quite impressed on how they have handled my issue.

The mybb is rep is in constant communication with me and certainly has had AH technical keep me informed.
    You obviously got lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Baxteen View Post
    solid logic.

if the service was good, one rep could handle the queries...
    We get a great deal of questions about our products, package changes, billing queries and so forth. There are multiple peope on our Team, but generally only one of us is on here at a time and we try to keep an eye on things from 08h00 to 20h00.
    "Great Scott!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast