Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Afrihost Support Trial Forum

Then they may cry foul in the direction of the forums and not directed at you. I can't think of a bigger conspiracy theory than this type of imagined scenario "they will delete our legitimate posts"
    Yeah, right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortymoose View Post
    09-11-2013 -- Three years from now ... There will be no more Bitcoin.... World Banks are not going to allow it to grow...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthro View Post
    Then they may cry foul in the direction of the forums and not directed at you. I can't think of a bigger conspiracy theory than this type of imagined scenario "they will delete our legitimate posts"
    Yeah, right.
    We're definitely not here to delete anyone's legitimate post. As I said earlier, we are here to assist our Clients - and potential Clients - with their questions and queries, and to make sure that they have the best experience possible.

That is our top-priority, and we still consult with the Mods often to make sure only the most appropriate steps are taken where steps have to be taken to ensure that we are able to provide the best assistance possible.
    "Great Scott!"

2 hour of pure frustration as opposed to pure internet joy. Unable to get help with new fibre connection. No Internet. Keep getting cut-off on 011 612 7200. Asked to be called back on cell - no response. Asked for call centre manager only to be placed in call centre queue(27). Original ticket AOI-646-43141. Maybe 1 of reps can get some kind of response from help desk. I have given up. Used clientzone, call me and email.

Quote Originally Posted by mibman View Post
    2 hour of pure frustration as opposed to pure internet joy. Unable to get help with new fibre connection. No Internet. Keep getting cut-off on 011 612 7200. Asked to be called back on cell - no response. Asked for call centre manager only to be placed in call centre queue(27). Original ticket AOI-646-43141. Maybe 1 of reps can get some kind of response from help desk. I have given up. Used clientzone, call me and email.
    That really does sound frustrating. Looking at your ticket I can see that you have also been working with our Team on Facebook. Drop me a PM if you're still having trouble with this.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

Hi all.
    Today I need some advice on dealing with Afrihost as I am getting very agitated.

My wife uses AH for her cell data and up to last month she has been quite happy. Then we got the invoice for July and it was basically one big error. (and yes, I do know how to read and understand an invoice :-) )

She emailed the accounts dept and a day later received a one line reply that made no sense at all. She then tried to call the help line, but could not stay on the line for the hours that it would seem to take to speak to a human.

I then looked at this thread and sent a PM to Afriguy, Afrigenie and later Afriman. This was last week and I am still to receive one reply.

Basically AH is giving me the middle finger and tonight at 12am they are going to use their faulty invoice to basically "steal" my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Finhobbyist View Post
    Hi all.
    Today I need some advice on dealing with Afrihost as I am getting very agitated.

My wife uses AH for her cell data and up to last month she has been quite happy. Then we got the invoice for July and it was basically one big error. (and yes, I do know how to read and understand an invoice :-) )

She emailed the accounts dept and a day later received a one line reply that made no sense at all. She then tried to call the help line, but could not stay on the line for the hours that it would seem to take to speak to a human.

I then looked at this thread and sent a PM to Afriguy, Afrigenie and later Afriman. This was last week and I am still to receive one reply.

Basically AH is giving me the middle finger and tonight at 12am they are going to use their faulty invoice to basically "steal" my money.
    Hi!

My apologies for the late reply, I did get your PM and I'm in the process of following-up on what's going on with the account.
    "Great Scott!"

Blog Entries

I've just had an enormously unsatisfactory interaction with a call centre agent.

Long story short - We are meant to be on a 4 Mbps line and it's only syncing at just above 2. The call centre agent INSISTED that this was because of distance to the exchange, and that purchasing an 8 Mbps line would improve our speed (I'm not sure I follow that logic...). Also, I felt, got a bit snippy when I suggested that this doesn't make any sense.

In any event, after much discussion, he indicated that he's picked up some sort of Telkom-related issue, and that I must do tests and send info to [email protected]

I would appreciate any clarity from the Afrihost people here, as I did not remotely feel like the agent and I had a useful exchange.

(and for clarity - No issue with the dude, just want my internet sorted out)

If you do in fact have a learning disability, I apologise...

Quote Originally Posted by copacetic View Post
    I've just had an enormously unsatisfactory interaction with a call centre agent.

Long story short - We are meant to be on a 4 Mbps line and it's only syncing at just above 2. The call centre agent INSISTED that this was because of distance to the exchange, and that purchasing an 8 Mbps line would improve our speed (I'm not sure I follow that logic...). Also, I felt, got a bit snippy when I suggested that this doesn't make any sense.

In any event, after much discussion, he indicated that he's picked up some sort of Telkom-related issue, and that I must do tests and send info to [email protected]

I would appreciate any clarity from the Afrihost people here, as I did not remotely feel like the agent and I had a useful exchange.

(and for clarity - No issue with the dude, just want my internet sorted out)
    I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience. I'm sure there must have been some kind of misunderstanding or miscommunication between yourself and the agent. A higher line profile might not provide you with a better experience if distance is a factor. Please PM me your line info and I'll test your line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AfriFella View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience. I'm sure there must have been some kind of misunderstanding or miscommunication between yourself and the agent. A higher line profile might not provide you with a better experience if distance is a factor. Please PM me your line info and I'll test your line.
    That was precisely my point - If your ladder is only two feet tall, you're not going to get any closer to the roof by making the roof higher...

I will PM you the info thanks.

That was precisely my point - If your ladder is only two feet tall, you're not going to get any closer to the roof by making the roof higher...

We'll get to the bottom of this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AfriFella View Post
    We'll get to the bottom of this.
    Hi.

I sent the PM on Tuesday and a follow up yesteray, and am yet to hear anything.

Afrihost Representative AfriMan's Avatar

Hi.

I sent the PM on Tuesday and a follow up yesteray, and am yet to hear anything.
    If you PM'd AfriFella directly, he had a family emergency and has been away. You can send it to me and I'll make sure we look into this
    If AfriMan says it, it is so!

If you asked an excellent question, please post on Answers!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AfriMan View Post
    If you PM'd AfriFella directly, he had a family emergency and has been away. You can send it to me and I'll make sure we look into this
    I hope all is well on his side - Will do, thank you.

Blog Entries

Thanks.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 78
Size:  2.3 KB

Thanks.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 78
Size:  2.3 KB
    All's good! I'll reply to your PM and help you with any outstanding queries.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast