Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Afrihost Uncapped DSL Feedback

Default Afrihost Uncapped DSL Feedback

Hey guys, welcome to the dedicated Afrihost Uncapped DSL feedback thread!

We're testing a new dedicated Afrihost Support Forum in and attempt to better manage, respond to and consolidate your feedback.

Similar to the old "New Network Feedback Thread", we'll be encouraging feedback on our DSL network right here. We've decided to split it up into a Capped DSL feedback thread and an Uncapped DSL feedback thread, because we know that the needs, priorities and complaints from clients in each camp are slightly different and we'd like you to be able to compare your experience with others as well as report back on your individual experience in a fair space.

If you have any problems or complaints regarding service, your account, line issues or any other support related query (Hosting included), we'd like to encourage you to start a new thread in this sub-forum and we'll tackle it right away. The whole idea is to provide you with the best forum support possible!

On that note, please check out our Community Guidelines to make this a safe space for everyone!

Welcome to the Afrihost Support Forum!
    Last edited by AfriFella; 30-01-2017 at 02:04 PM.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

Some constructive feedback. Learn to read after you copy and paste from the Capped thread to the Uncapped thread.
    /OomD

Quote Originally Posted by OomD View Post
    Some constructive feedback. Learn to read after you copy and paste from the Capped thread to the Uncapped thread.
    Hehe thanks for your feedback. I used the same copy for both DSL threads, because they're, well, pretty similar. You'll notice that I mixed it up with the others, though.

Any constructive feedback on your uncapped account?

**Gotcha
    Last edited by AfriFella; 30-01-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AfriFella View Post
    ...Any constructive feedback on your uncapped account?
    Nope. Been working fine for a very long time, and no reason to doubt it will continue to work perfectly for a long time to come. And this is how it should be.
    /OomD

Quote Originally Posted by OomD View Post
    Nope. Been working fine for a very long time, and no reason to doubt it will continue to work perfectly for a long time to come. And this is how it should be.
    That's really great to hear!

Grandmaster

So my line died on 15 Jan and I logged a fault, eventually the fault was logged with Telkom and a technician came out and said everything is fine on my side they will have to investigate the cables. Since then my line came on about 3 times for a couple hours at most but syncing at 1/4 of my 2mb linespeed.

I have requested an update on 26 Jan and again on 29 Jan. Would like to know what the status is as I am racking up crazy 3G bills to be able to keep working

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
    So my line died on 15 Jan and I logged a fault, eventually the fault was logged with Telkom and a technician came out and said everything is fine on my side they will have to investigate the cables. Since then my line came on about 3 times for a couple hours at most but syncing at 1/4 of my 2mb linespeed.

I have requested an update on 26 Jan and again on 29 Jan. Would like to know what the status is as I am racking up crazy 3G bills to be able to keep working
    Wow, that's a really long time to be offline. Please feel free to PM me your account details and your fault reference number and I'll look into this for you.

Grandmaster

So the line connected last night at 2mb which was great. Thanks! This morning however it is back to 300kbps. Which I suppose is better than being totally offline

So the line connected last night at 2mb which was great. Thanks! This morning however it is back to 300kbps. Which I suppose is better than being totally offline

I'll get your details from AfriFella and I'll see if we can get an update.
    "Great Scott!"

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by AfriGenie View Post

I'll get your details from AfriFella and I'll see if we can get an update.
    Basically just after I posted on MyBB my line went dead! Still down atm

Basically just after I posted on MyBB my line went dead! Still down atm
    We'll continue to push Openserve to resolve this. Sorry about the delay, PearlJam.

Hi AfriFella

My line was down since Monday at 10am. My line syncs and all but does not connect to the exchange. Phoned your support team and they say it's a Telkom fault. Phoned Telkom and they say it's Afrohost fault. So this went on even today playing tennis with you guys. Anyways Afrihost says my line went into the holding pool and that was a mistake from your side. They fixed that and say my line will be up after 20min...Guess what! It's been 6 hours no luck phoned again to Afrihost and they say now it's been suspended by Telkom. All my accounts are up-to-date. Can you check what then issue is. Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thebarret View Post
    Hi AfriFella

My line was down since Monday at 10am. My line syncs and all but does not connect to the exchange. Phoned your support team and they say it's a Telkom fault. Phoned Telkom and they say it's Afrohost fault. So this went on even today playing tennis with you guys. Anyways Afrihost says my line went into the holding pool and that was a mistake from your side. They fixed that and say my line will be up after 20min...Guess what! It's been 6 hours no luck phoned again to Afrihost and they say now it's been suspended by Telkom. All my accounts are up-to-date. Can you check what then issue is. Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Good evening! This does seem like a bit of a "back and forth" situation. I'm happy to look into what's going on here. Please PM me your details.

Mr Afrifaila

Please, I am going to try one last time to get a problem solved and hopefully we can get it right.

So .... my line is poked.
    You have my line.

AH gave me the run around since last year.

When I posted on the forum and showed you the facts, FINALLY someone did something .... claiming THEY had found and outstanding ticket (despite there being about 10 and these have been posted on this forum numerous times)
    I was told that its all Telkoms fault and will be sorted.

Telkom shoulda sorted things ,,, but dont worry it will get done.

Well that ended up in my line syncing at 56k dial up speed.

When I made AH aware of that we went back to the old routine of
    Kindly note that I have done a line reset and the synced rate has been pushed to 3.3Mbps. Please re-run the test and advise if the performance has improved.

Thanks

Have a great day and please let me know if I can help with anything else!
    RUBBISH

The line used to sync at over 4megs and I got line speeds of 3.7megs.

When we dropped I complained ... you need to fix it.

I have given you the proof.

I have given you the stats.

Your guys know the issue ... we have discussed it over the phone, over e-mail, over support on line and on this forum.

PLEASE DUDE - READ YOUR OWN POSTS AND MAILS
    PLEASE CAN WE SORT THIS OUT AND STOP THE BS!!

you guys can do a good job please help me here and stop the nonsense
    If you dont like my comment .... dont read it. Thank you for your understanding, Rgds - Textile Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TEXTILE GUY View Post
    Mr Afrifaila

Please, I am going to try one last time to get a problem solved and hopefully we can get it right.

So .... my line is poked.
    You have my line.

AH gave me the run around since last year.

When I posted on the forum and showed you the facts, FINALLY someone did something .... claiming THEY had found and outstanding ticket (despite there being about 10 and these have been posted on this forum numerous times)
    I was told that its all Telkoms fault and will be sorted.

Telkom shoulda sorted things ,,, but dont worry it will get done.

Well that ended up in my line syncing at 56k dial up speed.

When I made AH aware of that we went back to the old routine of

RUBBISH

The line used to sync at over 4megs and I got line speeds of 3.7megs.

When we dropped I complained ... you need to fix it.

I have given you the proof.

I have given you the stats.

Your guys know the issue ... we have discussed it over the phone, over e-mail, over support on line and on this forum.

PLEASE DUDE - READ YOUR OWN POSTS AND MAILS
    PLEASE CAN WE SORT THIS OUT AND STOP THE BS!!

you guys can do a good job please help me here and stop the nonsense
    Hope you're learning your lesson as to why you don't keep your line with an ISP when there are problems.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast