Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Afrihost Mobile Feedback

Hi Afri peeps.

I just setup my wife's phone for Afrihost mobile and noticed that trying to switch her to the Standard Call Rate no longer works. It says something along the lines of the Per Second call rate is no longer available. This is when I dial *141*4*4#

Quote Originally Posted by ph4t3 View Post
    Hi Afri peeps.

I just setup my wife's phone for Afrihost mobile and noticed that trying to switch her to the Standard Call Rate no longer works. It says something along the lines of the Per Second call rate is no longer available. This is when I dial *141*4*4#
    The correct USSD code for that is definitely *141*4*4#.

D you get any error messages yo ujust enter *141#?
    "Great Scott!"

My phone isn't connecting to afrihost apn at all.
    If I switch to mymtn apn it works.
    Are there any issues right now with the network? Been like this for the last few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    My phone isn't connecting to afrihost apn at all.
    If I switch to mymtn apn it works.
    Are there any issues right now with the network? Been like this for the last few hours.
    Very strange... Drop me a PM and run some provisional resets.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

Quote Originally Posted by AfriFella View Post
    Very strange... Drop me a PM and run some provisional resets.
    Hang on...on it's way.
    Thx.

My bad...my data was empty.
    Thx & enjoy the weekend .

Quote Originally Posted by saor View Post
    My bad...my data was empty.
    Thx & enjoy the weekend .
    Sorry about the late reply here. Spent some time with the family over the long weekend. Hope you had a good one too!

Glad to hear that you managed to get sorted. Shout if you have any future trouble.
    "And that's why you always leave a note..."

Still waiting for them to load my Airtime zero response from Afrihost

Sent: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 at 14:04
    Subject: ClientZone - Support Request : Airtime
    Ticket: RLG-222-75564

Afrihost Representative AfriMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conkill View Post
    Still waiting for them to load my Airtime zero response from Afrihost

Sent: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 at 14:04
    Subject: ClientZone - Support Request : Airtime
    Ticket: RLG-222-75564
    I saw your thread that you created with this. Will get onto this ASAP for you.
    If AfriMan says it, it is so!

If you asked an excellent question, please post on Answers!

Quote Originally Posted by AfriMan View Post
    I saw your thread that you created with this. Will get onto this ASAP for you.
    Today is the 6th payment has been made deducted of my bank account Yesterday and still no airtime loaded, but even worse zero replies on this ticket not even Hi we working on this or Hi this and that is the problem, why would you say does afrihost ignore a support ticket for more than 3 days or would you say your average response time is 7 days now or maybe a month I mean what precisely would you consider Afrihost response time to be cause I would really like to know?

Today is the 6th payment has been made deducted of my bank account Yesterday and still no airtime loaded, but even worse zero replies on this ticket not even Hi we working on this or Hi this and that is the problem, why would you say does afrihost ignore a support ticket for more than 3 days or would you say your average response time is 7 days now or maybe a month I mean what precisely would you consider Afrihost response time to be cause I would really like to know?
    It looks like the delay in airtime allocation was due to the first credit card payment not going through on the 1st of the month. Debit Orders can take a bit longer to be completed. The moment the payment has cleared the airtime will definitely be allocated.
    "Great Scott!"

Quote Originally Posted by AfriGenie View Post
    It looks like the delay in airtime allocation was due to the first credit card payment not going through on the 1st of the month. Debit Orders can take a bit longer to be completed. The moment the payment has cleared the airtime will definitely be allocated.
    Only problem is I actually took the time and changed the billing information on or before 25th of last month and AFRIHOST did not update their records and still ended up using outdated billing information I updated.

So it's not even my fault that Afrihost did not get their money it's Afrihost own fault and now I have to wait until Afrihost are happy does not really seem fair.

You also do not have bank details, which could also have allowed me to simply go and deposit the money directly into an Afrihost account or for that matter do a pay and clear option so again Afrihost limit on billing and client suffers.

Anyways I will wait and in the end let everyone know exactly how long I had to wait for Afrihost to finally reload my airtime and then hopefully new clients can read this and realize it's not that nice being an afrihost client when it comes to mobile airtime.

What happens if my phone with my Afrihost SIM gets stollen? Do I loose my number or can another MTN sim be allocated the number?

Only problem is I actually took the time and changed the billing information on or before 25th of last month and AFRIHOST did not update their records and still ended up using outdated billing information I updated.

So it's not even my fault that Afrihost did not get their money it's Afrihost own fault and now I have to wait until Afrihost are happy does not really seem fair.

You also do not have bank details, which could also have allowed me to simply go and deposit the money directly into an Afrihost account or for that matter do a pay and clear option so again Afrihost limit on billing and client suffers.

Anyways I will wait and in the end let everyone know exactly how long I had to wait for Afrihost to finally reload my airtime and then hopefully new clients can read this and realize it's not that nice being an afrihost client when it comes to mobile airtime.
    Unfortunately the 25th is too late to change billing details, it must be done before the 23rd. We start our billing run then, so your billing would already have been generated against your details on file on the 23rd.

We don't accept EFT or direct deposits as we don't have the systems to match the payments efficiently. However you can immediately settle any balances with a credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingha View Post
    What happens if my phone with my Afrihost SIM gets stollen? Do I loose my number or can another MTN sim be allocated the number?
    You should be able to do a SIM swop on the SIM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast