Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 95 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Web DSL performance feedback thread Part 4...

Default Crystal Web DSL performance feedback thread Part 4...

This thread is intended for customers to interact with Crystal Web about the performance of the DSL network and to post feedback about the performance of the network and accounts. This channel is intended for existing customers to request assistance and to interact with Crystal Web.

In case you’re wondering where Shaun is, he is alive...

For urgent queries we encourage you to please use official channels such as live chat as it makes it easier to communicate and relay information, and is far quicker.

Email addresses for Crystal Web; You may also contact us via Live Chat on our Website or via our telephonic Support, Sales and Billing number - 01000 35538

support <at> crystalweb.co.za
    sales <at> crystalweb.co.za
    billing <at> crystalweb.co.za

Mod_note: These threads are clearly designed/intended for customers to provide feedback to their respective ISPs - not for disgruntled former customers to vent, not for other ISPs to promote their services, etc - and, one hopes, for the relevant ISP to respond.

second?

OK, someone has to ask - when is the portal going to be completed?

/runs

fourth

No idea MickZA. We are all waiting....

Default How do I stay of interleave?

I have a 10mb adsl line with 10mb uncapped premium.

Telkom keeps upping my sync speed to 12mb, which hurts my SNR and puts me on interleave. I've called them.. told them to sync me at 10, and use fastmode.. it works great for a few days, then I'm all of a sudden on 12 again and my snr is lower, and ping is affected.

If I use WinMTR and ping exchange.crystalweb.co.za when I'm in fast mode I get about 10ms.. but on interleave it's about 25.. which makes a difference in Battlefield.

I used to use an old Telkom provided Billion router that showed that it was on fast mode or interleave, but after a lightening strike killed it - I swapped to a TP-Link Archer D20 and I cannot find anywhere in the settings where it can tell me if I'm actually in Interleave or not, but I'm pretty sure I am based on winmtr and my previous experience checking the ping etc.

Is there any way I can check if I'm on interleave for sure if the router doesn't display that stat?

And any tips on getting Telkom to lower my speed to 10 which is all I need, and leave it on fastmode which works great.

I'm assuming this has to do with the ASSIA system that tries to manage the line, and it thinks it's doing me a favour bumping me up to 12(interleave) vs 10(fast)?

Here's a screencap of my stats:

When I have them put me on 10mb, the SNR margin almost doubles.

Name:  adslstats.JPG
Views: 1619
Size:  33.3 KB

Thanks!

Does anyone know if one can top up your capped data? My family has discovered Netflix and it's chewing the cap something fierce
    -------------------------
    MyBB LFC Supporters Club
    D3 - GDruid#1919 - S7 - Monk.
    MyBB BattleTag & Clan Officer List

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanTech View Post
    Does anyone know if one can top up your capped data? My family has discovered Netflix and it's chewing the cap something fierce
    What package are you on now?

So the problem of my sync speed being 8 instead of 10Mb/s has been solved, seemingly automatically, as last they told me it won't change.

Now, I had 4 disconnects on Friday evening/Saturday morning, and again 2 tonight. I reported it, and the support person told me I need to switch off my router in the evenings when I go to sleep - not every night, but at my discretion. Now, I get into bed and use my wifi on my phone, til I wanna fall asleep, and just put it on my bedside, so this solution isn't really practical.

Now, since 2012 I've not had these disconnects, nor have I left my router switched off during the evening, ever. Is this a bit far-fetched or is he speaking the truth? I've never heard of anyone switching off their routers at night.

Also, he says he can 100% see on his side that the router is the cause. Is this true? Can't an unstable sync cause this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Ho3n3r View Post
    So the problem of my sync speed being 8 instead of 10Mb/s has been solved, seemingly automatically, as last they told me it won't change.

Now, I had 4 disconnects on Friday evening/Saturday morning, and again 2 tonight. I reported it, and the support person told me I need to switch off my router in the evenings when I go to sleep - not every night, but at my discretion. Now, I get into bed and use my wifi on my phone, til I wanna fall asleep, and just put it on my bedside, so this solution isn't really practical.

Now, since 2012 I've not had these disconnects, nor have I left my router switched off during the evening, ever. Is this a bit far-fetched or is he speaking the truth? I've never heard of anyone switching off their routers at night.

Also, he says he can 100% see on his side that the router is the cause. Is this true? Can't an unstable sync cause this as well?
    Sounds like that dude is talking ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Ho3n3r View Post

Can't an unstable sync cause this as well?
    If ASSIA kept downgrading you to 8Mbps and they've disabled it to keep you on 10Mbps I wouldn't be at all surprised to see disconnects.

So I am still having issues where I get full line speed everywhere except streaming...

Any idea how to fix this ? (apparently your tech staff is stumped by this)
    || 4960X || Rampage IV Black Edition || 16GB Dominator Platinum 2133mhz || Asus GTX 1080 TI ||

Quote Originally Posted by Emissary_Of_Pain View Post
    So I am still having issues where I get full line speed everywhere except streaming...

Any idea how to fix this ? (apparently your tech staff is stumped by this)
    Feedback thread, not official.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateBadger View Post
    Welcome to life. It's your life. Do what you want.
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6136410418

Sub
    Drummer | Gamer | Audiophile | Beard

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
    What package are you on now?
    Home capped - 150 gig
    -------------------------
    MyBB LFC Supporters Club
    D3 - GDruid#1919 - S7 - Monk.
    MyBB BattleTag & Clan Officer List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 95 123451151 ... LastLast