Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vodacom Mobile Cellular Tower

Red face Vodacom Mobile Cellular Tower

do the Mobile Cellular Towers run on Fibre?? i wonder how much i have to pay them to bring Fibre "From the Cell Tower" to my house. i have a Mobile Cellular Tower So Soo Very Close to me several meters away just down the road from me around the corner
    Last edited by fluffykittenlover; 20-03-2017 at 11:15 PM.

They typically run on a business grade fibre connection and a service provider will gladly extend that to your house for around R10 000 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by ambo View Post
    They typically run on a business grade fibre connection and a service provider will gladly extend that to your house for around R10 000 per month.
    ok i know the tower runs on 37.5 megabytes for LTE advanced. i just want a 100 megabits connection and 50 megabits upload 500 GB Cap unshaped no contention

Quote Originally Posted by fluffykittenlover View Post
    ok i know the tower runs on 37.5 megabytes for LTE advanced. i just want a 100 megabits connection and 50 megabits upload 500 GB Cap unshaped no contention
    If you dont have fibre where you are, then closest to what you want is going to be this:

Name:  Wireless 1.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  39.3 KB
    APoc184 - "Well apparently I'm Ockie's kinda girl."

Quote Originally Posted by Ockie View Post
    If you dont have fibre where you are, then closest to what you want is going to be this:

Name:  Wireless 1.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  39.3 KB
    i am asking "do Mobile Cellular Towers Run on Fibre?"

i am very sure that copper has a limit of 5 megabytes per second so they dont run multiple lines of copper to the tower
    Last edited by fluffykittenlover; 21-03-2017 at 12:52 PM.

i am asking "do Mobile Cellular Towers Run on Fibre?"

i am very sure that copper has a limit of 5 megabytes per second so they dont run multiple lines of copper to the tower
    Yes I realize that, but you also said you are looking " insert specifics". I am therefore replying to your needs as you mentioned, not a general question as to if a tower runs on fiber or not. But if that is the only answer you are looking for, then yes, most of them do as you cant provide that kind of microwave link or LTE speed with a tower running on copper. Even though the tower runs on fibre, does not mean you will be given access to it unless Vodacom is rolling out fibre as a consumer product in your area, therefore I gave you a option of a access technology that would meet, or try and meet your needs as close as possible.

Yes I realize that, but you also said you are looking " insert specifics". I am therefore replying to your needs as you mentioned, not a general question as to if a tower runs on fiber or not. But if that is the only answer you are looking for, then yes, most of them do as you cant provide that kind of microwave link or LTE speed with a tower running on copper. Even though the tower runs on fibre, does not mean you will be given access to it unless Vodacom is rolling out fibre as a consumer product in your area, therefore I gave you a option of a access technology that would meet, or try and meet your needs as close as possible.
    How much does Vodacom Offer for 10 megabits Symmetrical unshaped no contention uncapped wireles
    is the wireless where i have to put up a wireless dish Ubiquiti for connection how much is installation for all of it

How much does Vodacom Offer for 10 megabits Symmetrical unshaped no contention uncapped wireles
    is the wireless where i have to put up a wireless dish Ubiquiti for connection how much is installation for all of it
    Howzit. Here is a order that I am busy with at the moment for another customer in Johannesburg. The non recurring coloumn is pretty much what you looking at for the install (minus the x 2 R32.00 amounts as that is for two voip lines he is taking with it).

We do not offer non contended, but the contention ratio will be a lot less compared to 4G. I speak under correction, but I believe on Microwave it is 1:10 and fibre is it 1:5 (the BC Wireless Lite Product). You should be getting very close to the speed you requested. If not, then it should be investigated as it then most likely is a issue on the link to the Microwave Hub that you are linking to. I have a client in Nelspruit that runs a mini data centre of his link, and he has no issues.

Name:  Screenshot from 2017-03-23 19-56-39.png
Views: 185
Size:  82.5 KB

Howzit. Here is a order that I am busy with at the moment for another customer in Johannesburg. The non recurring coloumn is pretty much what you looking at for the install (minus the x 2 R32.00 amounts as that is for two voip lines he is taking with it).

We do not offer non contended, but the contention ratio will be a lot less compared to 4G. I speak under correction, but I believe on Microwave it is 1:10 and fibre is it 1:5 (the BC Wireless Lite Product). You should be getting very close to the speed you requested. If not, then it should be investigated as it then most likely is a issue on the link to the Microwave Hub that you are linking to. I have a client in Nelspruit that runs a mini data centre of his link, and he has no issues.

Name:  Screenshot from 2017-03-23 19-56-39.png
Views: 185
Size:  82.5 KB
    is that 10 megabytes? for 2007 rand per month? how much is symmetrical or what is the upload speed on the BBC wireless

i have heard people saying Bad things about This wireless Service. its slow. it lags. i've read on MyBroadband the things people say about it. is it suppose to be a more reliable service if LTE is slow??

Quote Originally Posted by CooperX View Post
    i have heard people saying Bad things about This wireless Service. its slow. it lags. i've read on MyBroadband the things people say about it. is it suppose to be a more reliable service if LTE is slow??
    I used this before, 10mbps, and I had no problems with it, streaming, gaming or downloading. If it wasn't for the price, I would be using this at home.

@Ockie How can I contact you? Unable to PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    I used this before, 10mbps, and I had no problems with it, streaming, gaming or downloading. If it wasn't for the price, I would be using this at home.

@Ockie How can I contact you? Unable to PM you.
    Sent you a PM with contact details.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by ambo View Post
    Backbone carrier fiber, it's probably a core route which won't be cut into for client connections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

+ Reply to Thread