Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mtn poor signal

Default Mtn poor signal

Hi there I am hoping someone can please assist me. I live on a farm in New Thorndale Magaliesburg and have uncapped Mtn Internet. The problem is that the signal is very poor and intermittent even withy mobile phone. I have contacted Mtn regarding coverage numerous times since November last year and get the same reply that they are investigating it. Does anyone have suggestions regarding a signal booster which will help? Thank you.

Blog Entries

Hi AndreaR

Apologies on only getting back to you now, I've been on honeymoon
    I would need some details from you:

Contact number, GPS coordinates of your premises, all numbers affected. Please send me these details via PM and I'll have my contacts that are responsible for the Magaliesburg area look into the matter for you.
    Avada Kedavra!

Quote Originally Posted by Voldemort View Post
    Hi AndreaR

Apologies on only getting back to you now, I've been on honeymoon
    I would need some details from you:

Contact number, GPS coordinates of your premises, all numbers affected. Please send me these details via PM and I'll have my contacts that are responsible for the Magaliesburg area look into the matter for you.
    Hi apologies only saw rply now.
    These are my Gps coordinates -25.957178 27.460539 around about.
    I live in New Thorndale Magaliesburg and am looking for jn capped internet so I can stream and download via Netflix but there is currently no adsl line previous owner had a satellite phone. I want wireless so we can all connect or at least 3 connections if necessary. We have a double story so may need a range extender too.
    Are you abe to advise or assist? Which company are you with?
    Thanks Andrea

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaR View Post
    Hi apologies only saw rply now.
    These are my Gps coordinates -25.957178 27.460539 around about.
    I live in New Thorndale Magaliesburg and am looking for jn capped internet so I can stream and download via Netflix but there is currently no adsl line previous owner had a satellite phone. I want wireless so we can all connect or at least 3 connections if necessary. We have a double story so may need a range extender too.
    Are you abe to advise or assist? Which company are you with?
    Thanks Andrea
    Hi there

I'm with MTN, if the previous owner was using satellite communication this might not bode well for you I'm afraid...

Please PM your number or a reference number for the call logged and I'll follow up on what has transpired?
    Avada Kedavra!

Blog Entries

Wait, never mind, I've picked up your reference number via the system, what device are you using for internet, I'm hoping an LTE router? If that's the case i can help you with an antenna installation, aimed at your nearest site, which is 8km away, the site we share with Vodacom at Seekoeihoek. We do have a site that is on the plan for next year at Kleinrivier- that will be 5km away. From a voice perspective you are too remote unfortunately...
    Avada Kedavra!

+ Reply to Thread