Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best uncapped LTE deal at the moment?

Telkom SmartBroadband Uncapped Wireless
    Free Unlimited WiFi Bundles (10 GB FUP)

What happens to the link when you hit 10Gb FUP ?
    None of Telkoms documents say what will be applied to your link when you hit 10Gb.
    Anyone Know what the throttling limits are and cutoff points are ?

Hey hey does anyone have a great contract at this time that can be taken over? What's your thoughts on the various 55GB+55GB extra LTE-A packages out right now?

I would apply if there wasnt a pay range qualification

Default LTE UNCAPPED

Hi everyone. Im interested in taking over someones LTE uncapped package. Please pm me if you have one that I can take over.

Quote Originally Posted by bpierrie View Post
    Hi everyone. Im interested in taking over someones LTE uncapped package. Please pm me if you have one that I can take over.
    Look at the afrihost RAIN deal, free router.

Ended up getting a 200GB deal from Cell C. Similarly priced to the local uncapped deals, but it comes with a few perks that I liked quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Ended up getting a 200GB deal from Cell C. Similarly priced to the local uncapped deals, but it comes with a few perks that I liked quite a lot.
    Is this the one with validity of 2 months only ?

https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/productchanges
    #As a foreigner settled in SA, I am beginning to understand why masses continue to support ANC. Thanks to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by surface View Post
    Is this the one with validity of 2 months only ?

https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/productchanges
    Nope, this one: https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/data-c...SMARTDATA-50GB

They currently have a special that doubles up the 50GB anytime data to 100GB and then you get another 100GB "Nite data" for use between midnight and 6AM or something like that. On top of that it's part of their SmartData plan, so if the LTE fails it falls down to the next connection so that you have constant internet connection. Packages from Rain and Telkom are on LTE only, so if LTE fails, you lose your connection - period. The cherry on top is that you can link up to 14 SIM cards to this contact plan, so I can connect my currently prepaid SIM to this contact and use part of this data on my phone, anytime, any day, as my primary data, so no more data costs for me. Wife is to follow as soon as her contract expires as well, so we won't have cellphone expenses anymore (except for the odd minute to call with).

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Look at the afrihost RAIN deal, free router.
    Just take a look at the terms, I see they charge you for the router once you cancel with them.

Quote Originally Posted by RynoC View Post
    Just take a look at the terms, I see they charge you for the router once you cancel with them.
    Yep. You pay a monthly fee for the router - if you cancel you pay the rest of the ~R1,700 for the router. Not bad at all. Like all cellphone contracts.

EDIT: Oh, that being said, I ended up going with Cell C. Since there's bad reception for the Rain network at my place, they failed to get a stable connection and all those things when testing, same with Telkom, so I went with Cell C. They claimed they cover me, and so far so good. It's not uncapped, but 200GB is enough for me. Downloads run between 00:00 and 06:00 and the other 100GB is used for the rest of the time. Works fine for my light gaming, Netflix and WhatsApp needs. I'm paying R969 per month, including an LTE router, but I can take the router with me where I go, if I want to. It's not region-locked like on the Rain or Telkom networks.

Speeds are also OK, I'm getting around 20ms ping to auto-selected servers, with around 20Mbps download and 8Mbps upload. More than enough for me.
    Last edited by Toxxyc; 12-10-2017 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Nope, this one: https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/data-c...SMARTDATA-50GB

Packages from Rain and Telkom are on LTE only, so if LTE fails, you lose your connection - period.
    Not true, mine drops to 3G and still maintains. The Telkom LTE is TELKOM only ie: no roaming so if you can't connect to a Telkom tower, then yes you lose connection.
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmik View Post
    Not true, mine drops to 3G and still maintains. The Telkom LTE is TELKOM only ie: no roaming so if you can't connect to a Telkom tower, then yes you lose connection.
    Im on the telkom one, if it loses lte the connection dies.
    I and the voice inside my head, which is actually my conscience, both agree that Jehovas partenalistic rulership is better than Satans liberal anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by buyeye View Post
    Im on the telkom one, if it loses lte the connection dies.
    Maybe Tower dependant? On mine you can tell by the light on the router ,

Red - no connection
    Green - 3G
    Cyan - 4G.

Check that you haven't set the router to 4G Only. I forced mine that way as it would drop to 3G as it was a stronger signal but lower throughput.
    Neo-Luddite - Permanent Darwin award candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmik View Post
    I was told by them that if the LTE fails, it fails, D-E-D ded. Might be tower dependent like you say then?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123