Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CellC failed to blacklist my stolen phone

Default CellC failed to blacklist my stolen phone

I bought a Cell C Delux phone for my daughter and after two weeks it was stolen. I went to the dealer and they said I must visit CellC store so I couldn't at that time as there is no Cell C store in my area. I managed to reach the store after 10 days and they told me to call customer care. I did that but I failed security questions so they couldn't help me.

I have proof of purchase and IMEI number to show that phone belonged to me. I don't know why they refuse to help me. PLEASE HELP.

Complain to their compliance officer, the contact details should be on their site.
    ALL POSTS ARE IN MY PERSONAL OPINION
    "Pray for Our President Zuma and his party, Julius Malema, and Zimbabwean Robert Mugabe... Psalm 109:8".

This is old hat for Cell C, arcane questions or we can't help you, it's ridiculous. There's another extended thread about the same thing.

Are the other networks as bad as cell c in this regard?

Quote Originally Posted by Tulieg View Post
    I bought a Cell C Delux phone for my daughter and after two weeks it was stolen. I went to the dealer and they said I must visit CellC store so I couldn't at that time as there is no Cell C store in my area. I managed to reach the store after 10 days and they told me to call customer care. I did that but I failed security questions so they couldn't help me.

I have proof of purchase and IMEI number to show that phone belonged to me. I don't know why they refuse to help me. PLEASE HELP.
    Hi Tulieg

Please PM us your email address and we will assist you with your blacklisting request.

^MM

The reason they're so strict with questions is simple.

Next time you annoy/dump your girlfriend or boyfriend would you want them phoning the network to blacklist your cellphone out of spite?

Quote Originally Posted by neoprema View Post
    The reason they're so strict with questions is simple.

Next time you annoy/dump your girlfriend or boyfriend would you want them phoning the network to blacklist your cellphone out of spite?
    They can use other identifying info, having ridiculously onerous questions ends up hurting the customer thw rules are supposed to help.

I experienced the exact same issue yesterday...Have Phone Box, IMEI No, etc. as phone was only purchase about 2months ago...Extremely frustrated over this!!...Assistance Urgently required please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel.Rustin View Post
    I experienced the exact same issue yesterday...Have Phone Box, IMEI No, etc. as phone was only purchase about 2months ago...Extremely frustrated over this!!...Assistance Urgently required please.
    Hi Mel.Rustin

Please PM us your email address and we will assist you with your blacklisting request.

^BM

Default Still Awaiting the Blacklisting Ref Number :(

Hi Mel.Rustin

^BM

Hi
    We are still awaiting the Blacklisting Ref Number...This after a phone call was received & the Security questions passed.
    I just phoned your Customer Care & was advised that we needed to wait 6days for this Reference number...How is this possible??
    Please Urgently advise!

Thank You

I recently bought a SIM card with cell c and when I try blacklisting my phone with them they say I should answer the security questions but I wasn't keeping count of everything they asked me there and I was paying for insurance and Now I can't claim my phone with cell c refusing to blacklist my phone that's really unfair

Go to the Ombudsman, it'll cost CellC R2000 to do what they should have.
    ALL POSTS ARE IN MY PERSONAL OPINION
    "Pray for Our President Zuma and his party, Julius Malema, and Zimbabwean Robert Mugabe... Psalm 109:8".

Like a year later I can see stuff like this is still going on Cellc is just refusing to blacklist the device especially if it's on prepaid. My room mate had the same problem. Cellc asks questions he failed and they refuse to blacklist the phone referring him to the store which they say can't help and then forms need to be filled and emailed back.

He decided to just leave it did a sim swap and when he was asked how much data he has when he said 100mb or so failed because he has slightly less than 100mb.

The questions is really unfair like asking how many free minutes, how much data exact number, last 5 dialed numbers with no wrong answers allowed at all or you fail the security questions.

I remember important numbers only and if friends change numbers often you don't remember those numbers especially if you use an android device where google contacts are always synced.

MTN assisted me blacklisting my iphone and the device was not even bought from them. Last 2 dialed numbers, id number, amount recharged and imei number. If they match done if not go to the store and they do it right there if you have your ID.

This network is a joke actually done with my last contract now which cancellation request is already done then I'm out of here.

Still haven't fixed LTE-A on S8 even when it was reported to them and they acknowledged the issue.....

I wonder if there is some financial advantage for Cell C if they do not blacklist phones, hence them making it neigh impossible?

Maybe they have to pay a fee to submit the imei number to the blacklist database or something to that effect, or it saves a lot of admin and hence staff costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxolisiakim View Post
    I recently bought a SIM card with cell c and when I try blacklisting my phone with them they say I should answer the security questions but I wasn't keeping count of everything they asked me there and I was paying for insurance and Now I can't claim my phone with cell c refusing to blacklist my phone that's really unfair
    Hi Mxolisiakim

^MM

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_C View Post
    Hi Tulieg

^MM
    Please may you assist I have a similar problem and need my handset blocked.?... thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast