Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ac****s department debited my acc with R4352.00

Default Ac****s department debited my acc with R4352.00

I have tried calling to get through to Marsha for the past 2 days now. She apparently is always busy with another client, and I get promised that she will get back to me - and to my surprise, never does! :P

I managed to speak to her 3 days ago when the transaction happened, and she told me part of that 4 clip was for a R2800 modem! Which in actual fact i paid, upfront, in cash in Dec 2004 for my modem! (I do not have the invoice from 3 years ago though)

She told me she would get back to me, and I have not heard from her since!!

What do you gents recommend is my next step for Monday morning?

Go to the police station and lay a charge of theft.

Maybe they will listen with a case number instead. iBurst need to be stopped... took them 8 months to rectify my account... and I had to submit proof!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricard View Post
    Go to the police station and lay a charge of theft.

Maybe they will listen with a case number instead.
    I agree
    |The Good News: Jesus will return on the clouds of heaven. Matthew 24.|

Grandmaster

If they've debited your account in the past few days then go to your bank and have the debit reversed, and after they've done that [email protected] on them for allowing such a large debit to go through in the first place.

BTW which bank are you with?
    ---=== iBurst.....Where Confusion and Crime Reigns Supreme ===---
    Before taking the plunge check out the link below:
    hellopeter

Never been with ibust, don't recommend them to anybody who asks, will never go that route!.

Dude, lay a charge of fraud & theft, and get a lawyer involved.
    .::d()b::.

i would go to the accounts department. wherever they are!
    take your modem with you, to show the age.

Limnos,

I have had very similar experience to you. They debited my account 12 months after I cancelled my subscription. You cannot rely on reason with this company, so the first thing I would do is go to your local police station and lay a charge of theft. Make sure you get a case number and the officer's name.

Once you have this hand deliver a letter (or fedex it making sure you get a signature) to the accounts dept. c/o of the accounts manager, stating that you have laid a case of theft, quoting the case number, police station and officer's details. This is the only way to get their attention, as they are trying these tactics on a lot of people and actually getting away with it!!

I would also go into your local branch of the bank you use and instruct them to stop all debit order from IBurst. Make sure they understand how serious this is to you and threaten to take you business elsewhere if they don't!

This is the only way you get results from this company, and I consider them in the same league as tow-truck drivers!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrH View Post
    If they've debited your account in the past few days then go to your bank and have the debit reversed, and after they've done that [email protected] on them for allowing such a large debit to go through in the first place.

BTW which bank are you with?
    Investec, why? Does it make any difference?

Thanx for all your input gents, will let you know what happens tomorrow morning.

Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by limnos View Post
    Investec, why? Does it make any difference?
    I'm not 100% sure but some banks seem to have a problem at reversing debit orders as posted in another thread, I'm with SB and they told me that they can reverse or block any debit order.

Just ask your bank if they can "load" a debit order as well as reversing it.
    hellopeter

Gather all the pi55ed off iburst people and start a class action lawsuit.

Default Debit order is an evil instruction

Quote Originally Posted by MrH View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but some banks seem to have a problem at reversing debit orders as posted in another thread, I'm with SB and they told me that they can reverse or block any debit order.

Just ask your bank if they can "load" a debit order as well as reversing it.
    We are with FNB and we did exactly that. We even told our so called ISP not to send any debit orders to the bank, for they will not be honoured finish & klaar, untill they resolve the issue's. You don't budget for R349 & then suddenly you have to gough up R6,000. I hate debit orders it looks like they can present any amount & all you have to do is pay-up.

Master

I had no problem with FNB reversing Ibursts monthly stoporder.The problem is that Iburst is a total mess especially the accounts department.I am glad I went ADSL when I did.Iburst will eventually fold due to their total inefficiency in customer service which is a pity as I hate Telkom and Iburst at the time looked like a reasonable alternative.

Grandmaster

I stand open to correction (too lazy to do a forum search right now) but as far as I remember the customer who had problems reversing the debit order was with Nedbank, it was something about the type or way they put through debit orders that his/her bank could not reverse it.
    hellopeter

They did the same thing to me R3649 taken off my account. I got FNB to reverse the transaction and then block all future debits.

I went to their accounts department personally as well, don't waste your time they are just as incompetant in person. Rather cancel and go with ADSL or HSDPA instead

Quote Originally Posted by Csnoopy View Post
    We are with FNB and we did exactly that. We even told our so called ISP not to send any debit orders to the bank, for they will not be honoured finish & klaar, untill they resolve the issue's. You don't budget for R349 & then suddenly you have to gough up R6,000. I hate debit orders it looks like they can present any amount & all you have to do is pay-up.
    The debit orders I have in overseas bank accounts are completely different.. when you sign the order, the person who receives the cash cant increase the payment... only decrease... debit order/stop order combination.

I wish SA would implement this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast