Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ac****s department debited my acc with R4352.00

Quote Originally Posted by Ricard View Post
    The debit orders I have in overseas bank accounts are completely different.. when you sign the order, the person who receives the cash cant increase the payment... only decrease... debit order/stop order combination.

I wish SA would implement this.
    Yeah I know what you mean not to mention UK offers 100% free banking! SA is a bit slow to adopt anything that will cost money to implement or change :/

I have been here for 3 years now again and I'm moving back to UK beginning next year. There really just isn't any money to be made unless you have a degree...and even if your do isp's and internet in general just sucks here. Everything seems to be overpriced and ppl underpaid :/

iBurst tried to take money form my account on the 26th a few months ago...of course I didn't have enough cash in my account so not only wasn't iburst paid that month but I had to pay some penalty fee at my bank -_-
    Currently living in London.
    ADSL2+ @ 20mbps Uncapped for 21pm and that includes free evening and weekend landline calls.

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Unbeliever's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eish... things are getting worse.

Maybe a case of theft will scare them a bit
    Is the 10 Commandments for Christians?

Saturday is the Seventh day, Sunday is the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Eish... things are getting worse.

Maybe a case of theft will scare them a bit
    Don't you worry, i have just spoken to my lawyer...

I'd love to join your case.
    I think we should all team up and take these corporate crooks down.
    Companies cannot do what iBurst keeps doing.

I closed my bank account recently - want to see what they're going to debit now haha.
    Even so I've been billed three times for this month's installment (after payment) and had my access cut off once.
    I think they blocked my e-mail as well.

Note: I'm NOT paying for next month again.

I do want to use the bandwidth I pay for anyhow, and keep hoping that I don't get denied access to that.

Customer care doesn't answer the phone.
    It's been a long time since iBurst technology has been in the hands of idiots.
    I hope you take them down. Please reply if you'd like me to join in your case.

I have some outrageous very interesting statements they keep posting me monthly.
    Also have proof of every monthly payment since beginning of my subscription.

With iBurst I recommend paying for your account by direct deposit.
    On the other hand once I've figured that I can't bother to change ISP.
    It works and it's been somewhat fine for now.

I wonder if I can lay a case of attempted extortion against them using e-mail as evidence?
    I'm ready to go down to the Police station.

Any advice?

Grandmaster

This company deserves to fall, there have been warning signs of incompetence for a long time now mainly in the accounts department, yet they totally ignore their customers complaints both on this forum as well as hellopeter.

In fact they've gotten worse by the month as if they have a death wish.
    ---=== iBurst.....Where Confusion and Crime Reigns Supreme ===---
    Before taking the plunge check out the link below:
    hellopeter

Thumbs down Boere-verneukers

Quote Originally Posted by limnos View Post
    Don't you worry, i have just spoken to my lawyer...
    Why do we alway's have to refer everything to our lawyers. Now they also want there kilogram of flesh. Do I want everything for free NO but I want service & not to be robbed around every bloody corner. "Boere-verneukers" that's what they are.
    By almeans make money and lots of it but stop ripping off people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spin99 View Post
    I'd love to join your case.
    I think we should all team up and take these corporate crooks down.
    Companies cannot do what iBurst keeps doing.

I closed my bank account recently - want to see what they're going to debit now haha.
    Even so I've been billed three times for this month's installment (after payment) and had my access cut off once.
    I think they blocked my e-mail as well.

Note: I'm NOT paying for next month again.

I do want to use the bandwidth I pay for anyhow, and keep hoping that I don't get denied access to that.

Customer care doesn't answer the phone.
    It's been a long time since iBurst technology has been in the hands of idiots.
    I hope you take them down. Please reply if you'd like me to join in your case.

I have some outrageous very interesting statements they keep posting me monthly.
    Also have proof of every monthly payment since beginning of my subscription.

With iBurst I recommend paying for your account by direct deposit.
    On the other hand once I've figured that I can't bother to change ISP.
    It works and it's been somewhat fine for now.
    I informed them verbally & by email and still they submit the debit order. Somehow they decided the cost is R35 they kept on doing this for 4 Months in a row they were still submitting the debit orders ???. Then comes the lawyers letter. hehehe Watch this space. My son fortunately signed for it end has no money & has nothing else either.
    Son,"no mon no fun your son" Dad "to bad so sad your dad"

iBurst accounts department are thieves. It is that simple. I tried the whole f*uckin day yesterday to get though to them, no one answers. And when there is an answer, Marcia is ALWAYS busy and NEVER gets back to me. I can't deal with them anymore, that is why I pay my lawyer. They dealing with it now, legally. Debit orders are pathetic in this country. My insurance debited me twice this month, yesterday and today. It just doesn't end.

If things do not get sorted out today, i think it will be best if i go to the Head Offices personally and deal with the matter.

Add MTN to this debit order fraud list.

I became an iBurst subscriber in April 2006. I was a very happy customer until the 04 September 2007, when I checked my bank account and saw that iBurst's Accounts Department took R2,333.34 on 31 August 2007, without any prior warning or discussion.

My account has always been by monthly debit order, and there had never been any problems or arrears.

On 04 September 2007, I sent an email to the following addresses:

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

I explained I took out a 24-month contract in April 2006, which included the rental of a desktop modem in the monthly price.

I have a tax invoice from iBurst dated 11 April 2006, that specifically states i-Go Rental.

The tax invoices I have received include the words "Contract: iBurst". Nowhere is there any mention of month-to-month.

When I signed up with iBurst, through the Web site, next to Purchase Type in the application, it states Hire Purchase Contract. I have a print-out of this.

At NO STAGE did I buy the modem.

I phoned the Accounts Department on 03 Sept 2007 at 1:45 p.m. and asked what that massive deduction was for. The person who helped me could not explain this amount and told me that the credit controller would phone me to explain it. Nobody bothered to call back.

I called again the next day, and eventually spoke to Phumzile Msomi who explained the situation. According to her, I NEVER had a contract but had been on a month-to-month plan since the beginning! This is the first I have heard of this.

Phumzile told me that iBurst's accounts system / department has recently undergone a clean-up and that is why my bank account was charged with R2,333-34 being the cost of the modem and another amount said to be a monthly payment that was in arrears. Again, this is the first I have heard of this.

I was very irate to discover I had been charged for a modem that I never agreed to purchase, and that my 24-month contract became a month-to-month contract - with no prior warning or discussion or agreement.

On 05 September 2007, Phumzile at [email protected] emailed me an application form. I was told to sign up for a 24-month contract and that iBurst would refund me the R2,333-34 and I could keep the modem I've been using since the beginning, at no charge. I chose the Play Addict at R469.00 per month and sent in the application form for a 24-month contract.

By the 11 September 2007, there was still no refund of the R2,333-34 so I emailed Phumzile again. She replied the next day, saying that there were "technical and signatures problems on our side" and that my refund would be in my bank account by 13 September 2007.

On 18 September 2007, there was STILL NO refund. I emailed Phumzile again, as well as [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]

On 19 September 2007 I informed all parties involved that I would be going to the Police and laying a charge of theft against iBurst, as well as reporting the matter to consumer groups and writing a letter to the media, should my refund not be made before the close of business on Friday.

The refund finally arrived on 21 September 2007 but I was only credited with R1,921.05 and no explanation of what happened to the rest of the money.

To make matters worse, iBurst had also taken away bandwidth for which I paid - AGAIN with NO PRIOR WARNING or DISCUSSION at all.

When I was made to sign a new contract on 05 September 2007, iBurst changed my user name and said my bandwidth would be transferred from the old user name to the new user name. My old user name had 2,663.59MB on 10 September 2007. When I had to start using the new user name, it only had 1:00GB bandwidth. What happened to the rest? Why was it not carried over as promised - after all, I did pay for it!

On 01 October 2007, checking my bank account, I AGAIN discover that iBurst had helped themselves to R1,349.67 on 25 September 2007 - AGAIN with no explanation, discussion or warning!

All parties have been emailed again, asking what that money is for. The missing balance from the 21 Sept 2007 refund is still outstanding and the STOLEN bandwidth is ALSO STILL OUTSTANDING!

My account has never been in arrears with them.

It is a well-known fact that iBurst's Accounts Department is in a state of utter disorder and that they now have hundreds, if not thousands, of very unhappy customers - as can be seen on this Web site, the hellopeter site and from speaking to other subscribers.

iBurst hasn't even had the decency to explain to its customers what the hell is going on in the Accounts Department! They are treating customers like dirt.

I've asked for a full statement from iBurst for my account, but doubt that I will ever see one. I am getting legal advice, as well as lodging my complaint with consumer groups and the media. I am also going to now lay a charge against iBurst with the Police for theft from my bank account. I am stopping the monthly debit order and will only pay by direct deposit from now on.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Dear Lord that is as scary as they come. I used to always cc Thami Mtshali on all my correspondences.

Quote Originally Posted by Csnoopy View Post
    We are with FNB and we did exactly that. We even told our so called ISP not to send any debit orders to the bank, for they will not be honoured finish & klaar, untill they resolve the issue's. You don't budget for R349 & then suddenly you have to gough up R6,000. I hate debit orders it looks like they can present any amount & all you have to do is pay-up.
    That is illegal, and amounts to fraud and theft. They are only allowed to deduct the amount you signed for ... if there is any change in the amount, you have to resign the agreement.

Go the the police, and take it from there (I went this route with an electrical meter company a few years ago).
    Vape Escape - For all your e-cigarette and vaping needs
    VapeHaven - Community driven vaping forum

Grandmaster

I've had my share of trouble with iBurst accounts, even though I've been on ADSL since January 2007. I check these forums, I guess, out of a sense of schadenfreude.

I can't understand that an IT or consumer journo hasn't picked up on this story yet...

Wugger

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPost View Post
    On 05 September 2007, Phumzile at [email protected] emailed me an application form. I was told to sign up for a 24-month contract and that iBurst would refund me the R2,333-34 and I could keep the modem I've been using since the beginning, at no charge. I chose the Play Addict at R469.00 per month and sent in the application form for a 24-month contract.
    That is the worst thing you could possibly have done. Now you are stuck with them for another 24 months and no way will that fix your problems with them.

Better would have been to say "Thank you for telling me i am on a month to month, now take your modem and shove it up your "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast