Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 205

Thread: Brackenfell, Protea Heights (South). Vumatel Fibre interest

  1. #181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOtherGuy View Post
    Yeah, my area show Fibre work in progress, but my fibre has been underground for more than a week and my driveway is all fixed up. I emailed them and the response was that it would go live at the end of March. I'm sure it will be sooner.
    Indeed, also think we'll be up in under 3.5 weeks from now.

  2. #182
    Grandmaster Orihalcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The 2nd Circle
    Posts
    2,930

    Default

    If you've already got your wall box then it's just a case of them completing the POP and splicing up the wires.

    Of course then you get to the area of the ISP and VUMA setting up and configuring the port etc...and that can sometime take a while if the ISP stuffs it up.

  3. #183

    Default

    Hi guys. I just have a quick question.

    Which ISP still offers packages with the Vuma installation fee included? From what I gather, Cool Ideas are the way to go wrt. ISP, but they do not have the R1710 fee as a free option. Afrihost used to have it, I saw earlier in the week that they also no longer offer this as part of their "Up to R4000 free value".

    Would you suggest I just take the option to pay Vuma in installments, or continue the search for a provider that offer free installation?

  4. #184
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Protea Heights, Cape Town
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I will be fronting the installation fee myself as I'll be signing up with Cool Ideas.

    From what I recall (could be wrong) but if you get the installation fee included and then decide after a month or two that you want to switch ISP, you end up having to pay them back anyway.

  5. #185
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Town, Northern Suburbs
    Posts
    519

    Default

    I'm going with the ISP that I think (and what I've read) is the best (for now anyways...), so if that means there is an installation fee involved then I'll gladly pay it.

  6. #186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowHands View Post
    I'm going with the ISP that I think (and what I've read) is the best (for now anyways...), so if that means there is an installation fee involved then I'll gladly pay it.
    Watter ISP gaan jy gebruik, as ek mag vra?
    My games for sale @ BudgetGamer

  7. #187
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Town, Northern Suburbs
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eye_suc View Post
    Watter ISP gaan jy gebruik, as ek mag vra?
    I have it narrowed down to 2 choices:
    1 - Cool Ideas
    2 - Rocketnet

  8. #188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altie79 View Post
    Hi guys. I just have a quick question.

    Which ISP still offers packages with the Vuma installation fee included? From what I gather, Cool Ideas are the way to go wrt. ISP, but they do not have the R1710 fee as a free option. Afrihost used to have it, I saw earlier in the week that they also no longer offer this as part of their "Up to R4000 free value".

    Would you suggest I just take the option to pay Vuma in installments, or continue the search for a provider that offer free installation?
    There are quite a few who cover the cost, like Cfibre (CellC) and OpticNetworks, for example.

  9. #189

    Default

    Thanx for the feedback.

    I decided to just front the costs and not be tied to an ISP. Cool Ideas seems to be the flavor of the month, so I will start off with them.

  10. #190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altie79 View Post
    Thanx for the feedback.

    I decided to just front the costs and not be tied to an ISP. Cool Ideas seems to be the flavor of the month, so I will start off with them.
    Well, I guess you could that's a "Cool Idea".

  11. #191

    Default

    Does anybody know when the fibre will be lit in this area? According to a Vodacom rep that came knocking, have they received confirmation from Vumatel that the fibre is live, but according to the Vumatel site it is not. Just curious as to when the home installations will begin.

  12. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altie79 View Post
    Does anybody know when the fibre will be lit in this area? According to a Vodacom rep that came knocking, have they received confirmation from Vumatel that the fibre is live, but according to the Vumatel site it is not. Just curious as to when the home installations will begin.
    Not all homes will be ready at the same time. I've been sorted out already, but I have a feeling I was lucky. There are loads of people that have already been lit though.

    I guess the best bet would be to talk to Vumatel about it. Perhaps get a hold of one of the guys driving around in the pink bakkies in the area. If you are not sorted yet, I don't think it will be too much longer.
    My games for sale @ BudgetGamer

  13. #193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    CPT - Brackenfell
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altie79 View Post
    Does anybody know when the fibre will be lit in this area? According to a Vodacom rep that came knocking, have they received confirmation from Vumatel that the fibre is live, but according to the Vumatel site it is not. Just curious as to when the home installations will begin.
    In which area are you (according to the rollout map)?: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...4WD4o8YKV3shET

  14. #194

  15. #195
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Town, Northern Suburbs
    Posts
    519

    Default

    question tho...I'm in the yellow (east, area 7) block btw...I saw the other day that in the grey box on my house wall, there is a fibre cable in it...does that mean I can ask them to come? or must I wait for them to phone me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ADSL Protea Village, Brackenfell
    By SlowHands in forum Telkom ADSL area problems
    Replies: 656
    Last Post: 07-12-2017, 03:06 PM
  2. Protea Village (Brackenfell) ADSL problems
    By DayWalkerGBR in forum Telkom ADSL area problems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-10-2017, 01:38 PM
  3. ADSL problems in Protea Heights (Brackenfell)
    By jaco45 in forum Telkom ADSL area problems
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-10-2017, 01:38 PM
  4. Best uncapped fibre prices in South Africa: Vumatel vs Telkom vs Fibrehoods
    By Kevin Lancaster in forum Broadband and IT News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-05-2016, 11:52 AM
  5. Vodacom 3G is DEAD in Protea Heights (Brackenfell) since last night
    By UtianG in forum Vodacom Broadband and Mobile Internet | LTE, HSPA+, HSDPA, 3G, EDGE, GPRS and BIS
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31-10-2012, 08:56 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •