Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Oneplus 5

Default Oneplus 5

20th June is the scheduled release date for this beast!!

Looking forward to it!! Just hope it's going to continue to undercut the premium brands.

https://oneplus.net/launch

http://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_5-8647.php

http://www.androidauthority.com/onep...-price-769759/

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/08/...ficial-teaser/

Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

http://www.redmondpie.com/oneplus-5-...7-plus-design/

At first glimpse you might mistake this for a phone that is already on the market though, and one that is certainly very well known and regarded. That phone is of course the iPhone 7 Plus, because even a quick glimpse at the OnePlus 5 will tell you that this is a design that is very, very similar to the iPhone currently on sale in phone shops and Apple Stores the world over.

As you will see from images released by OnePlus, the new device carries many of the design traits that we have become accustomed to with the iPhone 7 Plus.

That includes the svelte, pill-like design that includes a rear panel with a camera aperture, flash and microphone area that could well be taken straight off of one of Apple’s product runs at a Foxconn plant.
    Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger

Congratulations for having a oneplus social media account subscription!

https://www.xda-developers.com/tag/oneplus-5/

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5

OnePlus Product Manager Says the Flat Images of the OnePlus 5 Don’t Do it Justice
    In typical OnePlus fashion, the company has been able to garner a lot of attention about its upcoming smartphone release. This started with sprinkles of information about the device including a camera sample, it’s official reveal date, and then some details about hardware specs leaked out thanks to an Amazon.in product page. However, then the floodgates opened up when what was said to be the official press render of the phone was leaked.

This happened on a couple of websites at the same time, but was the corroborated by Android Police when one of their sources said it was legitimate. Since the cat was already out of the bag, the official OnePlus social media accounts started showing off the device. This confirmed what we had just seen leaked, and it started a huge debate within the community about whether or not this design was good for the company. Many were making comparisons of it to the iPhone 7 Plus.

Some have have even compared it to Oppo’s own R11 smartphone and this actually makes a lot of sense because they are a parent company of OnePlus. Either way, it’s clear that OnePlus drew their inspiration of the OnePlus 5 from other device and it’s caused a lot of people to criticize their decision. So much so, that a OnePlus Product Manager even spoke out on Zhihu (which is similar to Quora) to defend the choices OnePlus had made.

They compared this scenario to the OnePlus 3 release and said that people were complaining about the design they went with for that as well. Saying that it wasn’t until people got the phone in their hands that they actually started to enjoy how the device looked and felt. He brought up the OnePlus 2, which was criticized in leaks but more-or-less admired for being different once it released. Personally, I’m not seeing people complaining that the design of the upcoming OnePlus 5 looks bad per se. Instead, I’m seeing people criticize how unoriginal the phone looks because of its many similarities to other phones.

It’s clear that this decision is a controversial one and it’s one that could actually benefit OnePlus in the long run because I don’t see this debate cooling down anytime soon. And the more people talk about it without OnePlus having to pay for advertisements, the better it could be for them.
    Last edited by sand_man; 16-06-2017 at 02:57 PM.

Ulysses Everett McGill OrbitalDawn's Avatar

The OnePlus 5 has one goal: prove that OnePlus can make a good camera

Dan Seifert from The Verge got an exclusive look at the phone before the launch.

"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."

For those like me who are too cheap to stream a whole live event, here's the PA Liveblog:
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/OnePl...veblog_id95163
    Samsung Galaxy Note8 +128GB MicroSD
    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge +64GB MicroSD
    Apple iPad Air 2 LTE 64GB
    PlayStation 4 1TB + PS Camera & PS TV

Also dual sim.

Would love one of these, but I believe that it will be too expensive for me.

https://oneplus.net/launch

In 26 minutes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    Also dual sim.

Let's wait and see.

The OnePlus 3T was flagship spec for half the price of any flagship last year.

I hope the 5 is IP68, that's what the 3 and 3T were missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    Also dual sim.

The OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 2 were all dual sim...
    I believe posters are recognised by their sig... so I made one.

Quote Originally Posted by genetic View Post
    The OnePlus 3T, OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 2 were all dual sim...
    I know, and IMO that's one of the reasons why it beats iPhone.

I regard it as an essential feature.

Damn, still no IP68 protection or MicroSD support, those are the only things missing at this point.

Pricing seems greets once again.

Reckon we could get the 8gb/128gb for around R8.5k all in via Aliexpress/DHL. At an exchange rate of around R13/$.

Bit disappointed in the unchanged screen resolution. 1920x1080 (401ppi).

Other than that pretty much as expected. Absolute beast on paper and with the typical stripped down rom, phone should be blazingly fast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast