Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early.Connect

Quote Originally Posted by ginggs View Post
    To which address did you send a query?
    I initially logged an LTE Support Request, and then queried via responding to their e-mail reply to my original support request.
    But checking the the mail trail, it's the I-burst help desk, with a mis-spelt email address -
    [email protected] (yes hlep, not help).

Quote Originally Posted by LOTR View Post
    I initially logged an LTE Support Request, and then queried via responding to their e-mail reply to my original support request.
    But checking the the mail trail, it's the I-burst help desk, with a mis-spelt email address -
    Thanks!

Pronounced like 'Hluhluwe'?

SmoothOokerMaximus The_Librarian's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope so too... it is a daft decision to kill off their old network and devices - a lot of people still is using that.

For us we get 512k, with occasional 1Mbps bursts, which works well for us. What the hey, it's cheaper than Telkom Mobile etc.
    A Sunday Law is coming soon.

Government notices will henceforth no longer be published in the Gazette, but in the Junk Mail.

Blog Entries

LOL

Sneaky!

Government notices will henceforth no longer be published in the Gazette, but in the Junk Mail.

Blog Entries

And there's nothing on the Rain Website either..
    For them it is the biggest secret.

You'll have to interpolate from afrihost, crystalweb and the others for pricing.

If they offer a SIM-only package... but it will be greater still if they can still continue with their older and slower network.

Wink Early.Connect can remain with Rain/I-Burst beyond 31st August

Received a call this morning from Bonnie (Rain/I-Burst consultant) regarding a query I sent them as to what's happening going forward.

She advised that management are currently in discussions regarding packages/deals and plans for going forward. A decision will be made shortly and we'll be notified within the next 2 weeks. She confirmed that we will not be dropped from the Rain/I-Burst coverage come 1st September.

We await in anticipation....
    Further -
    I have received e-mail confirmation of this morning's telecon. In such it clearly states the following -
    "On 31st August your LTE-A connectivity will not stop, and we will bill you the R ***,** for September LTE subscription." (note - the amount is my current I-Burst monthly subs).

Cheap at the price for another month at least....

They should actually give us all uncapped LTE-A for early connect (this way we could put some load on the network to test it out)

They should also not cap our speeds too low (to see if the towers can handle a load of 100mbit or 150mbit)

At the moment they capping the speeds so if 100users apply for a specific tower... then it's gonna crunch down...

I also enrolled, but nothing happening

Call them, they can then check the system if you did enroll (I hope you enrolled early)

Then they will send you forms if your within the zone.

Blog Entries

Why the throttling?

Afraid of the network breaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    Call them, they can then check the system if you did enroll (I hope you enrolled early)

Then they will send you forms if your within the zone.
    I enrolled when the first notice came out.
    When I spoke to them, about 2 months ago, they said I must wait and see how the coverage extends etc.
    But will definitely call them again to hear what the situation is.

Thanks

Took out the Early.Connect offer for my parents to replace my old iBurst I left behind when moving out years ago.

Do any of you know how to check your usage on Rain? For example a dashboard with allocation and remaining data?

Quote Originally Posted by DWJ View Post
    Took out the Early.Connect offer for my parents to replace my old iBurst I left behind when moving out years ago.

Do any of you know how to check your usage on Rain? For example a dashboard with allocation and remaining data?
    At this stage there is no provision for usage/data balance available for RAIN. Hopefully it comes soon. (Perhaps this is one of the reasons why Early.Connect participants don't have details on packages/deals going forward yet).

I also asked for Usage site and login details... but nothing yet.

Cause obviously with LTE and LTE-A your data is flying so quick... one needs to monitor that stuff tight.....

Quote Originally Posted by schaerl View Post
    I also enrolled, but nothing happening
    Stuff this ... I'm off to Telkom. Going to take their August special LTE deal !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12