You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Blythedale search for paedophile Gert van Rooyen’s victims

Default Friend of Gert van Rooyen victim says it's still difficult to find closure

14-year-old Tracy-Lee Scott Crossley, from Randburg in Johannesburg, went missing in 1988 after she was allegedly lured into a car by paedophile and serial killer Gert van Rooyen. She is one of at least 6 girls who were allegedly kidnapped and killed.

Their bodies have never been found.

Scott Crossley's friend spoke to Newswatch a day after KZN police stopped excavation at Blythedale beach on the North Coast, where a victim was believed to have been buried. The woman says with Scott Crossley not being found, it is hard to move on.

"There has been no evidence to prove that they have been murdered or if they are still alive. So living like that where you do not know or you are unsure must be very traumatic for the families," she said.

She recalls how families frantically tried to look for the girls when they went missing.

"The families must have sent out thousands of pamphlets with pictures on them, including searching for her. They probably still have sleepless nights because it is an unsolved mystery what happened to this girl," the woman said.
    https://www.ecr.co.za/news/news/frie...-find-closure/
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it."― Terry Pratchett

Apparently cats on a beach are construed as evidence of buried bodies... who'd have thought

I seem to remember they had pictures of the missing girls on milk cartons.

Quote Originally Posted by maumau View Post
    I seem to remember they had pictures of the missing girls on milk cartons.
    They did.

Living in PMB I was still too young to know all that was going on. I do remember my grandfather telling me that his police station was going to be on the news then seeing a report about sox missing children followed by a cut to the Mountain Rise police station and the cars (or caspers) rolling out. The dog unit was called to assist in the search.

Everybody was apparently paranoid at that time. Must be dreadful having your child kidnapped and not knowing where they are or of they are still alive.

Looking at the picture of Van Rooyen and his chicky they look the friendly oom and tannie next door.

What are the theories about where these girls ended up?

I suppose most hope they are alive somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Hockstetter View Post
    What are the theories about where these girls ended up?

I suppose most hope they are alive somewhere.
    Probably prepped and sold as sex slaves, and subsequently died to HIV or something.

My reason behind this is before he committed suicide he gave his ex-wife R 35k cash. Which back in the early 90's was a shyte load of money. Someone bought the Girls off him I'm sure.
    I have signed up with Bitco and it's by far the best internet I have ever had. Get a quote

Default Investigation into Gert Van Rooyen case to continue

t's believed the paedophile and serial killer and his girlfriend Joey Haarhof kidnapped at least six girls in the late 80s. The girls have never been found.

Acting on a new lead, a team of forensic investigators swooped on the beach in search of possible remains last week.

Newswatch spoke to a friend of one of the girls who went missing in 1988.
    Tracy-Lee Scott-Crossley was apparently lured into a car by Van Rooyen. Her friend says it's difficult for families to find closure.

"We were just wondering how her family and mother were coping with it - not knowing what has happened to their daughter. People were very scared. These young girls from good homes and different areas were going missing. At that time, everybody was on nerve," she said.

In 1990, Van Rooyen shot Harhoff dead before turning the gun on himself as police were about to arrest them following the escape of one of the victims.
    https://www.ecr.co.za/news/news/inve...case-continue/
    "The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it."― Terry Pratchett

http://www.sabc.co.za/news/a/fb7fde0...ctims-20170618

So it was a waste of time as everyone predicted - the lead they had came from a clairvoyant/psychic!!!!

****!

Why get the families upset and waste resources like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
    Blu, you're a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post
    Probably prepped and sold as sex slaves, and subsequently died to HIV or something.

My reason behind this is before he committed suicide he gave his ex-wife R 35k cash. Which back in the early 90's was a shyte load of money. Someone bought the Girls off him I'm sure.
    Local or international?

A Djinn

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull View Post

Was human trafficking a thing back in the 80s SA?
    Quote Originally Posted by CorrieV2.0 View Post
    ... trust me I will feel threatened when you come.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja'd View Post
    Was human trafficking a thing back in the 80s SA?
    No, but you will note that certain people, in this case an Afrikaans community, often sweep bad things under the rug, because they simply cannot accept the existence of bad people in their midst - so if someone committed a murder, it gets explained by saying that Satanism or the occult played a part, or that child trafficking took place. Unable to deal with the fact that there are bad people in all communities, they prefer to blame it on something or someone else.
    Blu, you're a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    No, but you will note that certain people, in this case an Afrikaans community, often sweep bad things under the rug, because they simply cannot accept the existence of bad people in their midst - so if someone committed a murder, it gets explained by saying that Satanism or the occult played a part, or that child trafficking took place. Unable to deal with the fact that there are bad people in all communities, they prefer to blame it on something or someone else.
    Now you're just talking out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by WaxLyrical View Post
    They should check his house again.
    It was checked by the SAP of old. And not the SAPS of today (who miss a dead Telkom employee in her office).
    [O|||||||O]

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyRamirez View Post
    Now you're just talking out of your ass.
    So you think Gert van Rooyen was a good guy?
    Blu, you're a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by blunomore View Post
    So you think Gert van Rooyen was a good guy?
    Wow, my comment went way over your head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast