Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Schoolgirl Chloe Gilbert died after accidentally eating kebab (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    And it doesn't look much different when you vomit it out on the pavement 5 minutes later.
    Lol. I once went to the same food truck during the day where we used to get kebabs at night. That schit was inedible sober. Had 1 bite and chucked It in the bin
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish McPanji View Post
    Lol. I once went to the same food truck during the day where we used to get kebabs at night. That schit was inedible sober. Had 1 bite and chucked It in the bin
    You ate kebabs when you were inebriated?
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    You ate kebabs when you were inebriated?
    The thing about those kebabs is they are greasy, so no matter how hungover you are...your stomach is firing on all cylinders the next day.

It was university, man. Lots of non halaal activities occurred at that time. Tis why the myBb meets are so hard....I can hear the amber nectar seductively calling my name.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish McPanji View Post
    The thing about those kebabs is they are greasy, so no matter how hungover you are...your stomach is firing on all cylinders the next day.

It was university, man. Lots of non halaal activities occurred at that time. Tis why the myBb meets are so hard....I can hear the amber nectar seductively calling my name.
    And did you also partake in the flesh of the swine?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    And did you also partake in the flesh of the swine?
    Nah, man...just the smell of it got me nauseous. My flatmates used to fry bacon sometimes in the morning.

Oddly enough, it never actually had any appeal to me.

- Benjamin Franklin

I was interested reading about somebody using an EpiPen ... this isn't something I've ever heard about, so I quickly googled it and here's the video of how to use it (it's helpful knowledge if you need to administer this for somebody else who is carrying one but has gone into shock and can't use it themselves):
    Change is the only constant.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleheart View Post
    Anaphylaxis is terrifying!

My son has a severe Bee allergy (inherited from my Grandmother) and carries a Epipen everywhere with him. The first time he experienced this allergic reaction was seriously traumatic to all involved and was a serious medical emergency.

This poor family RIP little one
    How much are epipens in Sa?

Huge controversy in the US at the moment with the price being jacked up price gouging style, something like R3500 an epipen over there, each pen contains around R5 worth of ephedrine.
    Last edited by airborne; 19-06-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by airborne View Post

Huge controversy in the US at the moment with the price being jacked up price gouging style, something like R3500 an epipen over there, each pen contains around R5 worth of ephedrine.
    The free market is sorting that one out quickly. You hike prices that much, it makes it that much easier to be undercut.
    Adamis spokesman Mark Flather said Symjepi is intended to be a "low-cost alternative" to EpiPen and similar products, and the company is aiming to sell it for less than generic EpiPens.

In a note to investors, Evercore ISI analyst Umer Raffat wrote that Symjepi is not identical to EpiPen and so the price Adamis sets "will obviously be an important consideration."

Currently, EpiPens cost about $630 to $700 without insurance while the new generic version retails for about $225 to $425.
    https://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/epi...ter-this-year/

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Robertvv View Post
    I had a woman teacher, we discuss allergies in class, one or two kids were allergic to something, but the teacher was allergic to almost everything.
    I visited someone in the UK and the entire home was decorated with epi-pens
    And the 4 year old toddler had more dog tags of various colors than porpucines have quills.
    I guess it was allergic to just about everything judging from how many times the mother screamed at me "Don't"
    SEALAND Honary Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary

We have to get a new one every year because they only have a 12 month self life and cost around R1500 and ontop of that my Dr called to say that some models were faulty and had to be recalled...seriously!!!! I think the R3 K plus is for a pack of 2. There is a huge backlash because they have continued to increase the price without reason and so many people are forced to buy them because it is a matter of life and death.

Quote Originally Posted by konfab View Post
    The free market is sorting that one out quickly. You hike prices that much, it makes it that much easier to be undercut.

I was told that the new version has had some issues and the brand Epipen is the safest not sure if that is still valid after Epipens recall or if the other version is available in SA yet but will definitely investigate next year.

Quote Originally Posted by konfab View Post

Greedy bastards:

The EpiPen used to cost $94 back in 2007. Its price significantly increased after Mylan acquired the product, as pointed out by The Philadelphia Tribune. Last year, its price soared to $608. Since the medical shot needs to be replaced each year, many criticized the pharmaceutical company for being “greedy.” Nevertheless, Mylan maintains that the tweaks to the design of the dispensing device of the drug is the primary reason behind the price hikes.
    Yeah, right.

$300 for the generic for a $20 device is still way too high.

Paid R700 for one probably 10-12 years ago. Think you can only keep them for 12 months then you have to bin them, never got one again as I just kept antihistamines and went to the doc for a 3 cocktail jab.

Ban attack kebabs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast