You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Schoolgirl Chloe Gilbert died after accidentally eating kebab (UK)

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by bwana View Post
    Greedy bastards:

Yeah, right.

$300 for the generic for a $20 device is still way too high.
    Still room for another company to undercut them.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Hosehead View Post
    I visited someone in the UK and the entire home was decorated with epi-pens
    And the 4 year old toddler had more dog tags of various colors than porpucines have quills.
    I guess it was allergic to just about everything judging from how many times the mother screamed at me "Don't"
    It happens. I was like that. Luckily I outgrew everything. Only fruit like bananas and mangos makes my tongue itch a little bit, but not enough to stop me from eating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

Shame so sad, she died while eating food while the rest of Africa dies from starvation.
    I've walked for miles inside this pit of danger, a place where no one follows me, I walk alone.

Quote Originally Posted by konfab View Post
    Still room for another company to undercut them.
    Weren't there patent issues ?

https://www.statnews.com/2016/09/09/...of-innovation/

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jola View Post
    Weren't there patent issues ?
    Only because of the FDA, who I believe wanted the Epipen design as they considered it the best design.

With billions of dollars and a decades-long epinephrine reign on the line, Mylan’s controversy-laden EpiPen story may have one major plot point: a small plastic cap.

To protect its monopoly, Mylan petitioned the FDA last year to reject a generic from Teva Pharmaceutical Industries. Teva's copycat was not equivalent, Mylan said, and shouldn't be eligible for approval.

In what way? Mylan cited EpiPen’s one-cap design, which releases at the push of a button, versus Teva’s device, which must be uncapped before use. A removable cap such as Teva’s could cause confusion, Mylan said, especially for patients dealing with an emergency.

The details of Teva's rejection aren't public, so there's no way of knowing whether the cap played a role. But it wouldn't be the first time that a delivery device kept copycat drugmakers at bay. GlaxoSmithKline, for instance, has enjoyed years of exclusivity on its respiratory blockbuster Advair, simply because its still-patented Diskus inhaler was too difficult to match.

In EpiPen's case, what's clear is that the FDA denied Mylan's citizen petition, because acting on that one feature of Teva's product would have subverted the agency's usual approval process, CDER chief Janet Woodcock said in a letter. But the agency left the door open to using Mylan's argument in rejecting the generic eventually.

When the rejection came, the FDA cited “certain major deficiencies." Neither Teva nor the agency has specified what, exactly, those deficiencies are. Cap or not? Either way, the FDA's rejection pushed Teva’s anticipated launch to 2017 or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Batista View Post
    Shame so sad, she died while eating food while the rest of Africa dies from starvation.
    Aside from being rather insensitive this comment only highlights a poor knowledge of geography. Bath is a city in England.
    "Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien." FM Arouet
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" Unknown
    Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234