You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need upload data for short period

Default Need upload data for short period

I have Adsl, but the upload is too slow, I need to upload +- 10gigs of video every second day for 3 days so 30gigs in one week. If I buy an Lte or 3G modem and puchase a once off axcess data package of 24 gigs. I would like to know if its possible and what speed will I get to upload at. I don't want a monthly contract, just need fast upload for short period. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dailies?
    CONFACIMUS NAVEGEMUS!!!!

I would find someone with high speed fibre uplink and use their facility for the time required - with compensation of course.
    CONFACIMUS NAVEGEMUS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by egghead View Post
    I have Adsl, but the upload is too slow, I need to upload +- 10gigs of video every second day for 3 days so 30gigs in one week. If I buy an Lte or 3G modem and puchase a once off axcess data package of 24 gigs. I would like to know if its possible and what speed will I get to upload at. I don't want a monthly contract, just need fast upload for short period. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Location?

Quote Originally Posted by requiem View Post
    Location?
    Glenvista, Johannesburg..... I will be filming in Welkom on Monday, come home upload Monday night or Tuesday, filming on Wednesday (Welkom), upload Wednesday night or Thursday, and the same again Friday the it is over. I just think I might be late so was thinking of starting to upload while doing the next rugby game. Filming in full HD but oing to reduce with handbrake to 1gb per half of game.

Quote Originally Posted by egghead View Post
    Glenvista, Johannesburg..... I will be filming in Welkom on Monday, come home upload Monday night or Tuesday, filming on Wednesday (Welkom), upload Wednesday night or Thursday, and the same again Friday the it is over. I just think I might be late so was thinking of starting to upload while doing the next rugby game. Filming in full HD but oing to reduce with handbrake to 1gb per half of game.
    I've got a 100mbps upload link, you're welcome to pop by and use it. I'm in randburg

Quote Originally Posted by requiem View Post
    I've got a 100mbps upload link, you're welcome to pop by and use it. I'm in randburg
    Thank you, for your kind offer, will come back to you just need to sort out my logistics for the coming weeks, thankyou.

Sure. Just let me know

+ Reply to Thread