Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: OUTSurance slated over 'racist' Father's Day ad

Quote Originally Posted by chunk10 View Post
    But doesn't that then point to the casting call? you telling me that no black person went or that the casting directors concept of fatherhood is being a white male?
    No.

Guys, without having seen the advert in question, I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that this 'advert' was a video cobbled together in-house by a junior Outsurance social media staff member.

As such, I can almost guarantee they used a source of free stock videos, because they wouldn't have had budget unlocked by the executives (who claim to have been unaware of this whole thing).

Now anybody in South Africa who has ever tried to access free stock videos OF South Africans will tell you: they don't exist. It sounds quite reasonable to me that they accessed some American or European library, where the free content is the stuff that's deemed to have no real value. Probably a bunch of cheesy footage of white guys playing with their children.

Isn't that so much easier to believe than a wild conspiracy theory of racist Outsurance staffers physically blocking desperate black applicants from their casting call?

What makes me think this is the case is because it's a social-media-only video. Nobody employs a professional media agency to create a video advert for a special holiday (something that will cost north of R200 000) and then restricts that to a single social media message. That, and the executives claiming they weren't aware of it and wouldn't have approved the video if they had known.
    Change is the only constant.

To the sorry assed SJW, GFY.

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    If you have not yet figured that out just accept that you are incapable of doing so and move on with your life, it's not the end of the world.
    Just say it, you know you want to.
    Theres so many different worlds
    So many differents suns
    And we have just one world
    But we live in different ones

Quote Originally Posted by chunk10 View Post
    But doesn't that then point to the casting call? you telling me that no black person went or that the casting directors concept of fatherhood is being a white male?
    Were they doing things only white men are capable of doing?

Quote Originally Posted by konfab View Post
    It is 100% to do with identity politics.

Non racist people would have just seen a father figure in the advert.
    This.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by konfab View Post
    Were they doing things only white men are capable of doing?
    Yes, creating an opportunity to call them racist of cause, duh...
    I never apologise. I’m sorry, that’s just the way I am.

Idiot OUTsurance. NEVER apologize to SJWs. Just tell them to f off. I won't ever support OUTsurance because they gave in to these inbreds.
    Last edited by Techne; 19-06-2017 at 08:08 PM.

It was obviously an exceptionally slow day for snowflakes and SJWs on Sunday. Haven't seen it. Will not see it. Honestly do not care either.

My opinion is immaterial in the bigger scheme of things for such matters in cyberspace. But I feel better for venting my thoughts
    Crime tip-offs anonymously | Crimeline | Text 32211
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Techne View Post
    Idiot OUTsurance. NEVER apologize to SJWs. Just tell them to f off. I won't ever support OUTsurance because they gave in to these inbreds.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

Quote Originally Posted by Techne View Post
    Idiot OUTsurance. NEVER apologize to SJWs.
    This.
    I think there's a huge gap in the market for people with the EQ skills in dealing with the psychology of social issues etc. when it comes to public perception of a brand.

Any company's marketing and public relations team who's even remotely clued up on what's been happening on social media would know that apologizing to perpetual SJW victims only digs your own hole deeper and that capitulating to the vocal minority has exactly the opposite effect if what these companies expect.
    The other side of the coin might not be as vocal, but we're numerous.

Super Grandmaster

Jirre even on FB the black folk mostly think this is laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheri_N View Post
    Wanna shag Skootvreter? Oh God, before you answer that question... why Skootvreter?
    View the epicness here --->

Speaking to my black female colleagues , they say "It's not racist, have you ever seen a black childs father ?" ... clearly there is a different perception than that of guilty feeling SJW's.

Super Grandmaster

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
    White ppl devorce alot and that is broke home the child grow up in and that is why it better to have absent father then a father who moer you and your mommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cube3 View Post
    Speaking to my black female colleagues , they say "It's not racist, have you ever seen a black childs father ?" ... clearly there is a different perception than that of guilty feeling SJW's.
    Different perceptions everywhere, how do you like Mushroom's?
    I am of a nation that would not allow that fear of death, of torture, of imprisonment, of exile or persecution should result in the perpetuation of injustice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011