You should join our great online community now - you can win great prizes
Register now
You should subscribe to our free MyBroadband newsletter

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recommend me super low noise case fans

Question Recommend me super low noise case fans

I have been spoiled with fanless 2-in-1 devices and my gaming pc's case fans sound like a construction crew. Oddly the gfx card's 3x fans cannot be heard at all even under load. PSU fan cannot be heard either, which again is odd for a 1200w unit

So what I ask for is a recommendation on very low noise 120mm case fans. (current fans are 18dba, 4 in total)

..and the wishful thinking part:

no led crap on them and preferably no power nob thingy to adjust the speeds manually
    Die wind waai

I have 2 x 140mm intake and 1 x 120mm exhaust. Whisper quiet on 5-7V, and regular case fan noise on 12V (about 15dB).

http://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/717

Edit: they even come supplied with special rubber gromets to stop vibration noise.
    Last edited by The Voice; 20-06-2017 at 12:22 AM.
    "No one ever wins. No one finally loses. Except the dead. Under the sun, they rot together with absolute, biological equality."

If possible, switch to 140mm fans. They are a lot less noisy than 12mm. I have 5 in my case & they are almost inaudible, just a slight hum running them at 50% using the case's on-board fan controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenthrax View Post
    I have been spoiled with fanless 2-in-1 devices and my gaming pc's case fans sound like a construction crew. Oddly the gfx card's 3x fans cannot be heard at all even under load. PSU fan cannot be heard either, which again is odd for a 1200w unit
    That's because the GPU manufacturers default the fans to the absolute minimum speeds to keep the GPU just within operating temps. Your PSU however doesn't need to turn on it's fan most of the time if you're under about 700w load. The PSU fan in my primary PC has probably run for an hour over the last 6 years.

As for quiet, look for anything with rubber grommets, that'll stop most of the vibrations. But if they have decent airflow you're going to hear them one way or another, moving air is not silent

Corsair AF120

coolermaster silencio..
    Bleep bab beee boo ba beeebeee boo boda bab..

Corsair ML120 Pro, as said above 140mm can spin slower for the same airflow so will be quieter. More fans spinning slower also make less noise than a single one.
    Importing made easy!

140mm is not an option. Max size to use is 120mm or drop to lower noisy 80mm.

Thermaltake Kandal case, old I know, but back in the day it was the only decent case with support for 11+ hdd's (320gb was the max size in those days) and proper cooling. Not that I run that many drive's now.

looking at those AF120's .. they are more noisy than what I currently
    Die wind waai

Super Grandmaster DrJohnZoidberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolani99 View Post
    The atheists won't be forced to bow their heads, they can just imagine themselves burning in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by DrJohnZoidberg View Post
    Ooh, those look like it might do the trick
    Die wind waai

I've never really had any issues with the cheapo Deep Cool 120mm non-LED fans. There's also one made from a rubber like material.
    Nothing....

Turns out I'll end up flogging the R9 390 and retiring the construction crew machine hehe, thanks for the help/info anyway
    Die wind waai

+ Reply to Thread