Join us now. It is free, and it takes less than 1 minute to register.
Register now
Subscribe to our daily newsletter. It is free, and it comes with many benefits.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ADSL Down..Centurion Rooihuiskraal?

Default ADSL Down..Centurion Rooihuiskraal?

My line has been down for almost 2 weeks, last Saturday it started working again, on Monday received a call from someone from Telkom to confirm if my line was working which i told him yes it has been working since last Saturday and this morning...well woke up to a DEAD line .

This is ridiculous from Telkom, i tried to call their call centre none of the numbers i tried work , only getting an engaged tone...right now i'm looking at replacement options , this is ****ed up, and some people i ask say they have been down for much longer, right now i'm struggling to justify my stay with them

ADSL down in Heidelberg, Gauteng since very early yesterday morning. Just very frustrating !

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
    - Ronald Reagan

I feel your pain. It is now getting closer to a month of no service (with exception to those short few days it was up).

What really gets to me is that while they are doing nothing about it (haven't seen their vans parked next to the road on Old Jhb/Nelmapius corner in a long time), I am paying for services that I cannot use.

I am paying full monthly cost for my ISP, paying monthly for Netflix, having to shell out hundreds, becoming in the thousands now for mobile data as a temporary hope each time in case the line is restored, never mind that I live in Rooihuiskraal and work in the back of JHB, so days I can work from home are a disaster using mobile data.

On a "luxury" note, well, my tv is now just sitting there like a dumb ornament, black screen, off. Please don't mention SABC or ripoff DSTV options for 1 person who is hardly at home as a watching option.

"Necessity" wise, its one of my most important tools for work.

It is really pathetic, and with no hope of getting fiber "unless a billion trillion people in your suburb show interest", don't know what to do, there is no news reports, community complaining, we just sit in the dark.

Going to try the Neotel USB dongle thing until they decide to one day fix their crap, its cheaper than the other mobile options, I just hope it isn't as dog slow and unstable.
    Last edited by Chucky.HQ; 11-07-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky.HQ View Post
    I feel your pain. It is now getting closer to a month of no service (with exception to those short few days it was up).

What really gets to me is that while they are doing nothing about it (haven't seen their vans parked next to the road on Old Jhb/Nelmapius corner in a long time), I am paying for services that I cannot use.

I am paying full monthly cost for my ISP, paying monthly for Netflix, having to shell out hundreds, becoming in the thousands now for mobile data as a temporary hope each time in case the line is restored, never mind that I live in Rooihuiskraal and work in the back of JHB, so days I can work from home are a disaster using mobile data.

On a "luxury" note, well, my tv is now just sitting there like a dumb ornament, black screen, off. Please don't mention SABC or ripoff DSTV options for 1 person who is hardly at home as a watching option.

"Necessity" wise, its one of my most important tools for work.

It is really pathetic, and with no hope of getting fiber "unless a billion trillion people in your suburb show interest", don't know what to do, there is no news reports, community complaining, we just sit in the dark.

Going to try the Neotel USB dongle thing until they decide to one day fix their crap, its cheaper than the other mobile options, I just hope it isn't as dog slow and unstable.
    I think Vumatel for our area requires 600 or something more signups.

I am in the same boat as you, sure Telkom is going to credit me for the weeks that the line was down, but I am still paying WA every month, they don't care that my line is dead. And as you mentioned, the costs for the mobile data I have to use when I work from home. This is getting a bit ridiculous now. Was down in June for almost 3 weeks to have internet for something like 6 days now we are down for almost three weeks again...

Got this sms from them today:

Dear customer, please note that the network outage in your area has been resolved. Should a fault still exist on your service, please call 10210 (Residential) or 10217 (Business). Telkom

Got home, line still dead. Can't log a fault via their site as I still have an active fault referenced on my landline number.

I've not payed last month's bill and won't pay the next ones, so lets see if that wakes them up.

PS: Check out the new fixed wireless Afrihost/MWEB LTE Rain deals, if you have coverage in your area. Supposedly I have none on the map, yet, a few hundred meters away there is. Don't know if that means crappy reception or not. I remember Sentech reception was a joke in this area. Rooihuiskraal seems cursed.
    Last edited by Chucky.HQ; 03-08-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Mine is back up.(Hissing and crackling but back up) Hope yours is up and fine.

AGAIN!! Line dead since yesterday morning (27/08/2017).

Is there some record attempt going on for copper cable thefts in the exact same area over the shortest period???
    Is telkom just too damn stupid to finally get it?
    WOW HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE TO KEEP ON FEEDING THEM COPPER OVER AND OVER (Or probably their own internal staff).
    FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by Chucky.HQ View Post
    AGAIN!! Line dead since yesterday morning (27/08/2017).

Is there some record attempt going on for copper cable thefts in the exact same area over the shortest period???
    Is telkom just too damn stupid to finally get it?
    WOW HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE TO KEEP ON FEEDING THEM COPPER OVER AND OVER (Or probably their own internal staff).
    FFS!
    Yep, dead again.

Don't understand why they don't reroute that copper run or upgrade it to an MSAN and run a fibre back haul instead of copper.

+ Reply to Thread